GR Yaris Toyota UK remap

How long do the dealers want the car for to do the upgrade ?
Difficult to say exactly as I had it done alongside my 42 000 mile service. I dropped the car off at 0900 and picked it up at 1400. How much of that time was service and how much upgrade is anybody’s guess.
 
Difficult to say exactly as I had it done alongside my 42 000 mile service. I dropped the car off at 0900 and picked it up at 1400. How much of that time was service and how much upgrade is anybody’s guess.
Thank you for the reply.
I was in having mine serviced today, I enquired about having the upgrade and was told they would need the car for a day.
 
Finally had mine done yesterday, to celebrate those wonderful 100.000kms spent together 😁
Opted for heavy stearing, linear throttle response and stock 50:50 track mode
It took 30-45 minutes (was so excited, lost track of time 🤣🙈)
The added torque is noticable, peak boost I see in Torque is 1.7 instead of 1.5bars. Torque starts building at 2500RPM and the car pulls harder in top range, almost bounced off the limiter a couple of times
The steering is a bit heavier at slow maneuvering (I have -3° front camber so it was already heavier than stock), but feels more communicative at b road speeds.
Linear throttle response almost got me stalled slowly merging on an incline, but now I love it. The annoying lag of the stock system is gone, it is very direct, predictable, adjustable, nothing artificial.
The price is around 1100 euros... Considering its made by toyota, under warranty, I am quite happy. My car just got even better ☺️
 
Finally had mine done yesterday, to celebrate those wonderful 100.000kms spent together 😁
Opted for heavy stearing, linear throttle response and stock 50:50 track mode
It took 30-45 minutes (was so excited, lost track of time 🤣🙈)
The added torque is noticable, peak boost I see in Torque is 1.7 instead of 1.5bars. Torque starts building at 2500RPM and the car pulls harder in top range, almost bounced off the limiter a couple of times
The steering is a bit heavier at slow maneuvering (I have -3° front camber so it was already heavier than stock), but feels more communicative at b road speeds.
Linear throttle response almost got me stalled slowly merging on an incline, but now I love it. The annoying lag of the stock system is gone, it is very direct, predictable, adjustable, nothing artificial.
The price is around 1100 euros... Considering its made by toyota, under warranty, I am quite happy. My car just got even better ☺️
Did you get it done in Austria? I don't think Toyota in Germany wants to offer it given that they reserved this "remap package" for their own limited edition car.. From what I gather getting it done somehwere else by another subsidiary of Toyota Europa shouldn't affect the Warranty...
 
Finally had mine done yesterday, to celebrate those wonderful 100.000kms spent together 😁
Opted for heavy stearing, linear throttle response and stock 50:50 track mode
It took 30-45 minutes (was so excited, lost track of time 🤣🙈)
The added torque is noticable, peak boost I see in Torque is 1.7 instead of 1.5bars. Torque starts building at 2500RPM and the car pulls harder in top range, almost bounced off the limiter a couple of times
The steering is a bit heavier at slow maneuvering (I have -3° front camber so it was already heavier than stock), but feels more communicative at b road speeds.
Linear throttle response almost got me stalled slowly merging on an incline, but now I love it. The annoying lag of the stock system is gone, it is very direct, predictable, adjustable, nothing artificial.
The price is around 1100 euros... Considering its made by toyota, under warranty, I am quite happy. My car just got even better ☺️
would be cool to understand what the mapping includes. anyone have analyzed it who understand maps?
 
Did you get it done in Austria? I don't think Toyota in Germany wants to offer it given that they reserved this "remap package" for their own limited edition car.. From what I gather getting it done somehwere else by another subsidiary of Toyota Europa shouldn't affect the Warranty...
I had it done in Hungary. It is supposed to be also available in Czech Republic (as these two markets are in the same region according to toyota)
 
I did a non-scientific measurement, so this should at best be taken as some relative approximation of the Toyota ECU remap, not as absolute values...
It does pretty much align with the subjective feel, though... Actually I expected more power up the rev range
I did 2+2 measurements with PerfExpert and an Oneplus 15, on the exact same road, slightly uphill, then averaged the two measurements

EDIT: measurement done in 3rd speed
1000001203.webp
 
Last edited:
I did a non-scientific measurement, so this should at best be taken as some relative approximation of the Toyota ECU remap, not as absolute values...
It does pretty much align with the subjective feel, though... Actually I expected more power up the rev range
I did 2+2 measurements with PerfExpert and an Oneplus 15, on the exact same road, slightly uphill, then averaged the two measurements

EDIT: measurement done in 3rd speed
View attachment 40858

That boost from 2,500 to 4,500 makes it far more appealing than the original dyno pictures that Toyota originally shared which had a small upgrade from 3,200 to 4,000
 
  • Like
Reactions: MrJ
I had it done in Hungary. It is supposed to be also available in Czech Republic (as these two markets are in the same region according to toyota)
which dealer in HU have you picked? I wrote to mine in Slovakia, they said they do not have it available :-/
 
I have done it at Toyota Mayer in Budakeszi, close to Budapest
Mine was the second car they tuned...
The upgrade is available since a week or so...
 
I'd like to ask if anyone who has gone for a remap is running a free flow CAT and OPF delete. As others have mentioned, this setup tends to trigger an ECU error, likely because the ECU detects higher boost or torque levels. I'm wondering if a remap that raises the torque limit also resolves this issue.
Stay tuned...
 
I did a non-scientific measurement, so this should at best be taken as some relative approximation of the Toyota ECU remap, not as absolute values...
It does pretty much align with the subjective feel, though... Actually I expected more power up the rev range
I did 2+2 measurements with PerfExpert and an Oneplus 15, on the exact same road, slightly uphill, then averaged the two measurements

EDIT: measurement done in 3rd speed
View attachment 40858
That is a pretty good representation of how it feels to me, although by now it's become the norm :) The extra low down power and torque is noticeable between corners on the twisty stuff. I guess this is what all the Gen 2 owners have as standard?
 
That is a pretty good representation of how it feels to me, although by now it's become the norm :) The extra low down power and torque is noticeable between corners on the twisty stuff. I guess this is what all the Gen 2 owners have as standard?
My experience matches Mr J’s exactly.
 
I had the TUK remap done at RRG Macclesfield in June, Richard and team were excellent as always. I opted for heavy steering, faster throttle response and 45/55 F/R (replacing 50/50 on the track setting).

I've held off posting my thoughts as I wasn't blown away with first impressions and wanted to give a decent period to assess the change. I've had all of my cars mapped over the past c.30yrs, typically stage 1 with modest hardware upgrades, exhaust & intake. Usual gains I've had have been around +15%, which I have found are instantly a noticeable difference compared to stock.

My GRY is used for B road weekend runs, typically early morning so there's usually not much traffic around so while the low down torque increase is noticeable, it's not a game changer in mid to higher rev range, it's probably more beneficial at lower rpm / town driving.

I also wonder if because I don't drive the car day in day out, the change is less obvious than if it was a daily driver.

When I was weighing up £995 for a software upgrade, it seemed rich but curiosity won me over, along with unanimously positive feedback from others that have had the remap. I think overall I'm probably a tad disappointed but shouldn't be surprised because as many have rightly pointed out, the numbers don't lie, the gains are pretty modest.

All that said, I am pleased I had the remap done and would do it again. I would have always been wondering! I also really like modest making OEM+ mods to my car, to make my car a bit more individual. And RRG offer the sticker which I'm a sucker for!

A massive, probably the biggest, consideration for me was retention of warranty as I'm on the TUK relax plan.

Hopefully that's some help for others that might be contemplating going for it.
 
Thanks for the information and an honest review. I'm still considering it, but for £995 I'd want a free service and a +yr warranty whacking on as well!
I'm still considering Whifbitz or Litchfield. I use mine a lot on track, though it needs to be a GT car too, the standard seats must stay in for the 12 - 16 hour trips to Nurburg with the missus in the nav seat!
 
Back
Top