Two's Company
Dedicated member
Good point.Lucky it's a Subaru then
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Good point.Lucky it's a Subaru then
Indeed - I’ve got my old Ghost Immobiliser sitting in an envelope ready to be redeployed into the GR. Wouldn’t matter if I left my keys next to the car with a box of chocolates, they still couldn’t start it..There’s talk of old school switches being installed and 3rd party immobilisers.
Edit: removing my comments as nothing seems to be adding up now. Thatcham list our car as cat 2, Toyota say cat 1. Cat 1 has an alarm, cat 2 doesn’t.I've seen a recent post on the Facebook group suggesting that our vehicles don't come with an alarm, but only an immobiliser.
I thought it must just be a mistake - but it occurs to me that several times I have locked the car with the windows open while its been hot, and the alarm hasn't been set off. Usually I'd expect air movement within the cabin to trigger it.
Anyone actually heard their alarm go off?
Looks like the guy on the FB post has tried setting it off on purpose and not had any luck.I might lock it with the windows open later, then stick an arm in through the window...that should be enough to set it off if it's there.
Also, the GT86 was notorious for having the bonnet alarm sensor mounted on a flimsy bracket which would bend if you looked at it wrong, meaning your alarm went off constantly as it thought the bonnet was open. Unless they've refined that design, the sensor should be easily visible.
I see he's also linked to a post from the US forums, about how the alarm defaults to OFF.Looks like the guy on the FB post has tried setting it off on purpose and not had any luck.
Wonder how this will play out with insurance etc seeing as TOL and their equipment list are basically saying two different things.
I’ll have a go at enabling it on my lunch. Not something I’ve even thought about, assumed all cars came with alarms as standard nowadays!I see he's also linked to a post from the US forums, about how the alarm defaults to OFF.
![]()
Factory Alarm comes disabled
www.gr86.org
I seem to remember reading this post, but it doesn't mention out alarm defaulting to off in the UK manual, IIRC. So I never bothered testing it!
Refer to page 81 of your textbooks peopleI've seen a recent post on the Facebook group suggesting that our vehicles don't come with an alarm, but only an immobiliser.
I thought it must just be a mistake - but it occurs to me that several times I have locked the car with the windows open while its been hot, and the alarm hasn't been set off. Usually I'd expect air movement within the cabin to trigger it.
Anyone actually heard their alarm go off?
I have! That's why I assumed it must have, but as per the last few posts, it seems we might not have.Refer to page 81 of your textbooks people
Just done the same. No change when following the procedure from the manual either.Confirmed. Alarm doesn't work for me.
Locked the car with windows open. Left it 30 seconds, then leaned in and attetmped to open or unlock the door (key out of reach) - nothing.
Worse - I tried the procedure to enable the alarm as per that post from the US forum. Not a peep from the horn, or any indication an alarm has been turned on.
Repeated the first test - not a peep.
Would invite others to test and confirm, but it looks like we don't have an alarm![]()
This is the most British thing I have ever read.Sod this. I am putting my slippers on and going outside