GR Yaris I Broke my third Transmission at track 。this time GRMN close gear set

Sorry to hear about the gearbox issues. Why didn't you go with the Cusco option ?
It was not available back then
But I get my self a set this time
Most oe part is in stock , so I should be back to track at end of month

IMG_4003.webp


IMG_3759.webp


IMG_3773.webp


IMG_3770.webp


IMG_3769.webp


IMG_3767.webp
 
This time I get lucky
Just 1-2 Syncro hub and 5-6
Gear hub failures
 
Some of remain of GRMN gear hub
Fail at exactly same place
IMG_4018.webp
IMG_4019.webp
 
Since I am using bigger high flow turbo
To reduce turbo lag I will use GRMN gear set with Cusco hub
Transmission should be back to one peace nextbweek
Car should be ready to testing at end of Month

IMG_4020.webp
 
I shift firm and smooth and use carbon clutch to reduce the shock to transmission
Is clearly the design issue from Toyota
Mighty 1.6 engine but transmission can’t match it if to use in extreme time attack


Why are you wearing flame proof gloves with non flameproof arms?
 
I just wanted to add too, thanks for updating this I'm watching closely. I hope you find a solution.
 
Transmission is back together
along with GCG Hybird turbo And arp head stud
Shop suggestion crank up maximum TQ like 480nm plus
At first I was like no….
But he explained it , if Cusco hub don’t hold up at first few lap , I need to know this right away so can have new plan asap
That make sense

IMG_4416.webp


IMG_4418.webp
 
I think my GR Yaris live one of hardest life
But when shop tear it down
Engine still look in mint condion
Install back in reserve with arp head stud and new performance head gasket, car should be ready for Dyno next week
IMG_4613.jpeg
IMG_4690.jpeg
IMG_4692.jpeg
IMG_4689.jpeg
IMG_4857.jpeg
IMG_4858.jpeg
IMG_4611.jpeg
 
Last edited:
New GCG Hybird turbo
120whp more then stock on flex fuel
But pretty response
My Gr Yaris turn into a pocket monster now
With almost 500BHP on flex fuel, around 450 on pump gas

Car surrive Dyno
And 300km of street driving with some pull
Will test at track this sat , a bit nervous
Because GRMN gear set + Cusco hub
Should be one of strongest Syncro transmission. For GR Yaris….,

6638E588-601A-48AD-808C-23A128F6AED3.webp


IMG_5489.webp


E9F22B09-1E76-474C-9178-90BA7ADFE751.webp


IMG_5499.webp
 
Last edited:
Wow! So glad to see the excellent engine condition!

How many street/track miles have you done with the car?
 
Back
Top