GR Yaris I Broke my third Transmission at track 。this time GRMN close gear set

Ofc you're nervous, will take some time for you to forget about the previous problem and relax.
Damn that Alfa is sexy!
 
Some more surface treatments I found for gear



IMG_0927.webp
 
Take cusco to metal lab
Waiting for final report, but to tell from bare eye Cusco get very even surface finish unlike stock one
And if Cusco is dare enough to cut 2 slot
That mean Cusco is very confident about tensions strength of this Syncro hub
517C1A38-B617-49B9-ACFA-300C8A9B4820.webp
4DCE7C42-C73C-4AEE-992B-FE44BA2D03E1.webp


IMG_1893.webp


IMG_1896.webp
 
One of guy at my country tell me they are supplier for ZF transmission
And this type of hub generally made from Powder Metallurgy
Is cheap and fast to make
That tend to fill with micro air pockets

IMG_2306.webp


IMG_2308.webp
 
With knowledge of flex fuel is not Suprise
GR Corolla at USA is making big HP
Congratulations!!!!

But as like I said before , with extra weight of GR Corolla, is just on borrowed time on the fragile Aisn Tranmission。

But I might sounds like ass every time when I mentioned the Aisin BG6 transmission, but they pretty reliable with bolt on power, but limit of that transmission is clearly say it at Aisin website 😅

IMG_2515.webp


IMG_2512.webp


IMG_2516.webp
 
As for my car
I made some more progress of my Flex fuel tune on mainline Dyno
Will test out next Wednesday


 
I feel Aisin transmission in Gr Yaris is hopeless if u are serious track guy
My transmission hub fail again despite reduce TQ and all the treatment I done
And not using 5th gear at all at track

 
This is what happened today when
I finish my track testing , I think with all the treatment and reduce TQ output , this time hub did not fail as dramatically

 
I don't think they have looking on Lotus Chat.
They don’t seem to break them as they did when first introduced though?
That’s with the supercharged V6 as well, if I remember they either fit their own gear set or get Aisin to do so. I’m not quite sure as I don’t own a V6 so don’t take much notice.
I hardly hear of anyone breaking the Evora box and the 410 is over the limit for the bg6.
Anyway just thought it was worth looking at as I know lotus put effort into it.
 
Did you find out how lotus solved the issue as I mentioned in post 24 ?
They don’t seem to break them as they did when first introduced though?
That’s with the supercharged V6 as well, if I remember they either fit their own gear set or get Aisin to do so. I’m not quite sure as I don’t own a V6 so don’t take much notice.
I hardly hear of anyone breaking the Evora box and the 410 is over the limit for the bg6.
Anyway just thought it was worth looking at as I know lotus put effort into it.

I think
They don’t seem to break them as they did when first introduced though?
That’s with the supercharged V6 as well, if I remember they either fit their own gear set or get Aisin to do so. I’m not quite sure as I don’t own a V6 so don’t take much notice.
I hardly hear of anyone breaking the Evora box and the 410 is over the limit for the bg6.
Anyway just thought it was worth looking at as I know lotus put effort into it.
I don’t know why BG6 hold up but Gr Yaris can’t
Mabe is reason when FWD transfer to AWD ?
 
It’s a long time since I took an interest but I believe lotus change some of the parts. That’s when they started to get some reliability, they have been using this box for about 15yrs.
Having said that I doubt the Evora would be as hard on the gear set as the Yaris due to weight and AWD as you mentioned.
I guess you could always put a sadev in it. I’ve never seen someone break one of those.
 
Back
Top