GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

Dragging this chat back to my current trip to Le Mans - a shit photo, but one ill be dining out on for a long time.

1000022482.webp
 
DIY static noise tested it because I’m worried I’ll get black flagged at Bedford autodrome.

No idea how accurate it is but I’m well within 101dB according to my phone.

IMG_1542.webp
 
... If they can't be fitted without taking the wheels off it looks as though I have to pay the garage to fit them.
An hour's labour max. That's how long it took me; and that's with me manually jacking up each corner, removing the wheel, fitting the splash guard and then putting the wheel back on.
Sticking it on a garage ramp and taking off all four wheels at the same time should certainly reduce the amount of effort required!
Point to note: I had to shave a tiny bit off the rear inserts with a stanley knife to fit them in the OEM holes, because they are oversize as standard (this is mentioned in my previously linked RokBlokz YouTube video). I would maybe print off the installation instructions (HERE) for the garage, or link them the video guidance (HERE) for their assistance.
 
An hour's labour max. That's how long it took me; and that's with me manually jacking up each corner, removing the wheel, fitting the splash guard and then putting the wheel back on.
Sticking it on a garage ramp and taking off all four wheels at the same time should certainly reduce the amount of effort required!
Point to note: I had to shave a tiny bit off the rear inserts with a stanley knife to fit them in the OEM holes, because they are oversize as standard (this is mentioned in my previously linked RokBlokz YouTube video). I would maybe print off the installation instructions (HERE) for the garage, or link them the video guidance (HERE) for their assistance.
Thanks for your information. I should have them on Thursday so will assess whether I can fit them or not.
 
Nice to see my contribution to cleaning the planes has been a success :p (to be fair, they only let us do the ones outside)
I recently visited Duxford. Wow that's changed since I last went there as a kid! It was amazing. One Photo attached.

Need to add this one closer to home to my must visit list 👍 Thanks 🙏

1000089281.webp
 
Back
Top