Hachi-roku
Totally Hooked
- Oct 8, 2022
- 617
- 1,042
[
Thank you Mrs Miggins, I have lodged my complaint.
(There's a sentence I never thought I'd be writing)
I canāt help but hear your reply in Blackadders voice
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
[
Thank you Mrs Miggins, I have lodged my complaint.
(There's a sentence I never thought I'd be writing)
I want to do this but they need proof of communication with Toyota first. I haven't approached Toyota regarding this matter as I know it would just be wasting my time.If you haven't done so already please enter a complaint on The Motor Ombudsman website. Only takes a couple of mins.
Email sent with just a couple of amendments....Just send an email to Toyota [email protected]. Edit the below as appropriate. You should receive your "get lost" response from Toyota fairly quickly since it's cut and paste.
Hello. I purchased a GR86 registration [your reg] on 20 Apr 2022. At that time the specification included alarm+immobiliser. When arranging my drive home insurance I was again advised that the vehicle was fitted with alarm+immobiliser. I have now learned (not from Toyota) that the vehicle does not have an alarm fitted.
If this is true then the vehicle you have supplied is not as described and you are in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Please confirm whether or not my vehicle has an alarm. If it does not, confirm when you intend to rectify this defect and fit the specified alarm or pay for one to be fitted independently.
Love and kisses
Ninjin
I was looking into CANBUS alarms and the 4615 would be my choice too. The ADR option will also stop Keyless Repeating theft, as the car won't start without the ADR tag in the car.I am amazed that Toyota seems to be brushing the lack of alarm under the carpet hoping it will go away..... noting the mood of the forum, I doubt it will.
A company called Cobra, as an example, do a supply and fit of a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm (Cobra 4615 ADR) for £499.99 (suspect this includes VAT of £83.17 which Toyota could recover). If they did the decent thing and agreed to say offer this as a retro fit (noting it stipulated that the vehicle comes with an alarm and immobiliser) and all say 800 (?) cars accepted this, it would cost Toyota £332664 net of VAT (This also assumes they couldn't negotiate a volume discount from them).
I think it would be a small price for Toyota to pay in the long run.
Toyota FS have acknowledged my complaint as per my call on Friday and have max 8 weeks to reply, then possibly financial ombudsman if still not satisfied.
Yes, Toyota acting like some two-bit car company here, not like one of the biggest and most capable in the world.I am amazed that Toyota seems to be brushing the lack of alarm under the carpet hoping it will go away..... noting the mood of the forum, I doubt it will.
ā¦
I think it would be a small price for Toyota to pay in the long run.
Someone posted the original spec sheet in pdf form earlier in the thread and it stated it had an alarm, people who took the free 3 day insurance at purchase were told to complete the insurance application as having "standard alarm/immobiliser",I havenāt had time to read through all of the posts on this, but Iāve just seen the first few pages. Am I reading this correctly the car was advertised as having an alarm but doesnāt actually have one fitted?
Where does it state the car has an alarm ? Iām a little surprised to read this. I wonder if this slant implication of insurance claims and if I ticked the car has an alarm (but now doesnāt).
I wouldnāt consider an alarm a relevant ārating factorā for an insurance underwriter or actuary. The immobiliser is far more important from a risk perspective. Both are incidental in comparison to driver record, no-claims, location etc.I havenāt had time to read through all of the posts on this, but Iāve just seen the first few pages. Am I reading this correctly the car was advertised as having an alarm but doesnāt actually have one fitted?
Where does it state the car has an alarm ? Iām a little surprised to read this. I wonder if this slant implication of insurance claims and if I ticked the car has an alarm (but now doesnāt).
I worked this out. I'd locked it from the inside on the switch on the door so was working almost in reverse. Must've clipped it when I did my speakers as I don't carry passengers often. Now it locks as expected.Since it pertains to security I've noticed the keyless has some odd behaviours. I asked Toyota to open all doors on keyless from drivers door. This I think is right as mates have been in car since and I've not had to open door for them. But 2 nights running leaving work I've opened passenger door, put bag in, gone to driver door and it's locked. I open it, go shopping, come back to dump shopping in passenger side to find that door still open. It's very odd and quite concerning and I'll be raising it again on first service, along with some other things.
I'm in... Re the social media gig... I'll be slagging them off to high heavenToyota are being very ācoldā in response.
They have in simple terms told me that they consider it a NFA (no further action).
I have in turn asked them-
* Valuation for rejecting car
* Legal team contact detail for legal process claim
* If theyād like to reconsider and if so what budget they would offer for a 3rd party system fit
Should have also told them that I will use all media available to let the world know there failings, anyone friends with Martin Lewis?
Iām getting really quite miffed about the stance TUK have takenā¦.