GR86 The number plate thread

A 5 letter plate with FUN in it. That will be expensive.
 
So if I want the full JDM look. I need:
1. Plate holder part number : JDM: 57751CC000 for the front.
Although the fronts are drilled into the folder on my current plate. I can just stick them onto the holder.
My rears are stuck on so I can just get the JDM plates no holder and stick on.
2. JDM plate size seems to be 330X127 same size as the holder? which I can't seem to find here in the UK?
 
That's where I've ordered mine from (and why it's on their website now)
Stock due 7th January I was told. 👍
 
They must have had an early delivery as mine arrived in the post today:

IMG20230103115305.jpg




Fits my 330x111 plate a treat:

IMG20230103120137.jpg


There's a couple of lugs in the bottom edge if you want to line your plate up to them:

IMG20230103120154.webp


My HD velcro will raise them up a bit so I can centralise the plate perfectly

(y)
 
So if I want the full JDM look. I need:
1. Plate holder part number : JDM: 57751CC000 for the front.
Although the fronts are drilled into the folder on my current plate. I can just stick them onto the holder.
My rears are stuck on so I can just get the JDM plates no holder and stick on.
2. JDM plate size seems to be 330X127 same size as the holder? which I can't seem to find here in the UK?

Thanks to @PVGR for the part number for the JDM plate holder, got mine fitted today (Part no. SU003-09277) Genuine Subaru part according to the back of it :LOL:

For the front plate the size I went for is 330 width x 125 height. Fancyplates.com can make custom sizes. I just went for normal JDM size plates on the rear (330x165mm), can also confirm this will cover the dimples in the bumper (y)

20230112_161816.webp
20230112_161757.webp
 
Thanks to @PVGR for the part number for the JDM plate holder, got mine fitted today (Part no. SU003-09277) Genuine Subaru part according to the back of it :LOL:

For the front plate the size I went for is 330 width x 125 height. Fancyplates.com can make custom sizes. I just went for normal JDM size plates on the rear (330x165mm), can also confirm this will cover the dimples in the bumper (y)

View attachment 12446View attachment 12447
Is that a current Belfast reg no??
 
You've got a lot of plate options kicking about there!! :LOL:
Lol, yeah, I like to keep the plates from previous cars (usually end up changing them at some point), around 20 years worth of plates there. Keep meaning to put them up on the wall for a proper display... a lot of good memories in that pile of plates :)
 
Thanks to @PVGR for the part number for the JDM plate holder, got mine fitted today (Part no. SU003-09277) Genuine Subaru part according to the back of it :LOL:

For the front plate the size I went for is 330 width x 125 height. Fancyplates.com can make custom sizes. I just went for normal JDM size plates on the rear (330x165mm), can also confirm this will cover the dimples in the bumper (y)

View attachment 12446View attachment 12447
Looks great, do you have pics of the rear JDM plate?
I'll need to get round to doing this but was looking to get the plate on 2 lines rather then one.
 
Hope it's not too cheeky to link here but selling mine:


Please remove if cheeky!
 
Thread Resurrection..!

Any GR86 heads considering a square plate a la JDM like some of our Yaris brethren?

gr04-lap-jpeg.16598


Assuming that you can legally have the square plate at the back as long as it meets size / spacing regs?

Nabbed this during the week :)

1676224939885.webp
 
Thread Resurrection..!

Any GR86 heads considering a square plate a la JDM like some of our Yaris brethren?

gr04-lap-jpeg.16598


Assuming that you can legally have the square plate at the back as long as it meets size / spacing regs?

Nabbed this during the week :)

View attachment 13671
I'm not sure if the square plate would suit the GR86 (happy to be proven wrong if anyone's done it and/or has pictures); whereas it absolutely does suit the GRY.
 
I'm not sure if the square plate would suit the GR86 (happy to be proven wrong if anyone's done it and/or has pictures); whereas it absolutely does suit the GRY.
Yeah, I'm having the same thoughts, so would be keen to see anyone who's gone and done it!
Lots of US / JDM spec cars to oggle at - but obviously not the exact same proportions... 🧐

2022-Toyota-GR86-Premium-rear-3_4.jpg

2022_Subaru_BRZ_LimeRock_067.jpg
 
It's a way of covering up the infamous visible dimples I suppose (although I've become quite attached to mine!).
 
Back
Top