GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

Hello everyone, first post and stepping out of the shadows...

Missed an original purchase due to the phone signal at work causing the Toyota payment page to time out twice. Day 1 waiting list sign up and was delighted to be offered the chance to buy from this 'new' batch last Thursday, even with the price increase!

Magnetite Grey already completed build and has left the factory, and a test drive has already been taken in Middlewich's gorgeous Electric Blue example.

Think the car is mega, but will need some suspension work coming from an M2 Competition. And maybe an exhaust. And a ducktail spoiler...

This is going to get expensive.
That’s so cool that folk like yourself who missed out last time through external circumstances got another chance to buy✌️
 
Hi Guys
First post.

I have had a GT86 before and enjoyed, but more power would be nice :)

I went on wait list earlier this year and received an email a few weeks ago saying more cars may be available.

Then advised that not currently in position to offer.

Today received invite to order :)

Have ordered and paid deposit and received call.

About to go into build and expected delivery September/October.

Ordered Saphire Blue Pearl
 
Hi Guys
First post.

I have had a GT86 before and enjoyed, but more power would be nice :)

I went on wait list earlier this year and received an email a few weeks ago saying more cars may be available.

Then advised that not currently in position to offer.

Today received invite to order :)

Have ordered and paid deposit and received call.

About to go into build and expected delivery September/October.

Ordered Saphire Blue Pearl
Congrats Martin, I have just ordered as well. Manual in Red, I was also told Sept/Oct. I'm swopping my Mk2 Leon FR. Bit extravagant but after the test drive thought what the hell, just do it :)
 
Last edited:
Hi folks!
I'm a current GT86 owner and have just pressed the button on buying a GR86 (having still been on the list from pre Easter '22) ..saw the mail for on sale now (at the time) and thought I'd have some time to think about purchase but that went out the window haha!
Test drove a black GR from Listers in Coventry yesterday and was happy enough with it, seems like a GT86 that has grown/matured a little if that makes sense. Also big shoutout to @Nick who very kindly let my wife and I see what Sapphire Blue looks like in the flesh (so thanks again for that!
Another Sapphire Blue one on the order books!

FYI my black GT86 (as per the avatar pic) will be going up for sale to help fund the purchase but that is probably for another thread :)
 
Hi folks!
I'm a current GT86 owner and have just pressed the button on buying a GR86 (having still been on the list from pre Easter '22) ..saw the mail for on sale now (at the time) and thought I'd have some time to think about purchase but that went out the window haha!
Test drove a black GR from Listers in Coventry yesterday and was happy enough with it, seems like a GT86 that has grown/matured a little if that makes sense. Also big shoutout to @Nick who very kindly let my wife and I see what Sapphire Blue looks like in the flesh (so thanks again for that!
Another Sapphire Blue one on the order books!

FYI my black GT86 (as per the avatar pic) will be going up for sale to help fund the purchase but that is probably for another thread :)
Happy to help in your decision making, was good to meet you both, and glad to hear you’ve gone with the best (but seemingly rarest) colour.
 
Last edited:
Hi folks!
I'm a current GT86 owner and have just pressed the button on buying a GR86 (having still been on the list from pre Easter '22) ..saw the mail for on sale now (at the time) and thought I'd have some time to think about purchase but that went out the window haha!
Test drove a black GR from Listers in Coventry yesterday and was happy enough with it, seems like a GT86 that has grown/matured a little if that makes sense. Also big shoutout to @Nick who very kindly let my wife and I see what Sapphire Blue looks like in the flesh (so thanks again for that!
Another Sapphire Blue one on the order books!

FYI my black GT86 (as per the avatar pic) will be going up for sale to help fund the purchase but that is probably for another thread :)
Welcome - I'm local to you and also had my test drive in the same car. I'll give you a cheery wave if I see you around!
 
Hi folks!
I'm a current GT86 owner and have just pressed the button on buying a GR86 (having still been on the list from pre Easter '22) ..saw the mail for on sale now (at the time) and thought I'd have some time to think about purchase but that went out the window haha!
Test drove a black GR from Listers in Coventry yesterday and was happy enough with it, seems like a GT86 that has grown/matured a little if that makes sense. Also big shoutout to @Nick who very kindly let my wife and I see what Sapphire Blue looks like in the flesh (so thanks again for that!
Another Sapphire Blue one on the order books!

FYI my black GT86 (as per the avatar pic) will be going up for sale to help fund the purchase but that is probably for another thread :)
Got a test drive booked with them for Saturday, did you have someone with you or was it alone?
 
The Toyota direct registration cars seem to be either G prefix or W prefix denoting Brighton or Derby DVLA office reg.

You will see Toyota Press demo cars are generally G prefix and Toyota supplied direct to hire companies and processed at Burnaston are W prefix.

I have seen at least one GR86 online sale on here with W prefix showing registered at Derby (Burnaston)

Would be interested if other members who have recently received their online sales are W or G prefix.
 
The Toyota direct registration cars seem to be either G prefix or W prefix denoting Brighton or Derby DVLA office reg.

You will see Toyota Press demo cars are generally G prefix and Toyota supplied direct to hire companies and processed at Burnaston are W prefix.

I have seen at least one GR86 online sale on here with W prefix showing registered at Derby (Burnaston)

Would be interested if other members who have recently received their online sales are W or G prefix.
Mine was WP prefix which I understand to be West of England/Bristol which is where it arrived and spent a few weeks before spending 6 months in Derby
 
Apologies, SJR is correct re WP prefix.

I believe manufacturers/fleets sometimes have different accounts that link to the regional DVLA offices, so they can choose to a limited degree.

This is useful https://www.newreg.co.uk/dvla-number-plate-identifiers/

Will be interesting to see if final delivery location dictates or if it is the arribal location.

I know the large Toyota exclusive import centre at Portbury/Bristol closed a few years ago, but may be using a shared one.
 
Apologies, SJR is correct re WP prefix.

I believe manufacturers/fleets sometimes have different accounts that link to the regional DVLA offices, so they can choose to a limited degree.

This is useful https://www.newreg.co.uk/dvla-number-plate-identifiers/

Will be interesting to see if final delivery location dictates or if it is the arribal location.

I know the large Toyota exclusive import centre at Portbury/Bristol closed a few years ago, but may be using a shared one.
Correction, the Burnaston reg cars are F prefix and W was used on the Portbury reg cars. Sounds like they are using the Portbury DVLA account for the direct GR sales.
 
Hey all!

I previously had a TRD GT86 which I sold to try and secure a GR Yaris but I was a day late trying to put the deposit down as I had injured my back so was pretty much out of action for a bit! I then tried to secure a GR86 on the initial launch but I spent too long trying to decide on manual vs auto (my previous 86 was auto) that by the time I picked it was too late!

Never the less as soon as the invitation email came through on Thursday it took no time at all to put the initial deposit down, I ended up ordering Ice Silver as that Bright Blue colour is no longer available :(
 
I didnt get an email update, but checked on MyT today and see
Status
Build In Progress :)

Wouldnt it be great if they videod the build for customers .

Saphire Blue

Should be on track for September reg fingers crossed
 
Back
Top