GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

IMG_6897.webp


Hope everyone is well , has WN23 CNK 6AT popped up anywhere yet?
 
Picked mine up today no131 on list, no tyre light👍, clutch and throttle perfect for me, work in motor trade so drive lots of different cars everyday, get to unwrap it myself too, winner!! I detail cars for a living, bus man's holiday for me tomorrow, deffo worth the wait for the car

20230713_143321.webp


20230713_143342.webp


20230713_143353.webp


20230713_143407.webp
 
Picked mine up today no131 on list, no tyre light👍, clutch and throttle perfect for me, work in motor trade so drive lots of different cars everyday, get to unwrap it myself too, winner!! I detail cars for a living, bus man's holiday for me tomorrow, deffo worth the wait for the car
Enjoy !!
 
#88 on the list collected Monday without the rear spoiler or parking sensors (due to be completed yesterday) fitted because I had it booked for front ppf and ceramic on the rest.
The guy doing the detail offered to fit the spoiler, I'm not the first this has happened to across the various OEM.
Collected the car from him last night and he did a fantastic job.
It turns out the parking sensors are not available until August so I've a few weeks to decide by driving it if I actually want them.
IMG-20230711-WA0006.webp
IMG-20230713-WA0037.webp
IMG-20230713-WA0024.webp
 
#88 on the list collected Monday without the rear spoiler or parking sensors (due to be completed yesterday) fitted because I had it booked for front ppf and ceramic on the rest.
The guy doing the detail offered to fit the spoiler, I'm not the first this has happened to across the various OEM.
Collected the car from him last night and he did a fantastic job.

Looks lovely. Where did you get the ceramic and ppf done, and how much did it cost?
 
#88 on the list collected Monday without the rear spoiler or parking sensors (due to be completed yesterday) fitted because I had it booked for front ppf and ceramic on the rest.
The guy doing the detail offered to fit the spoiler, I'm not the first this has happened to across the various OEM.
Collected the car from him last night and he did a fantastic job.
It turns out the parking sensors are not available until August so I've a few weeks to decide by driving it if I actually want them.
View attachment 18333View attachment 18334View attachment 18335
I opted not too have them fitted, I like the clean lines, camera never lies, I can't decide black or red spoiler 🤔 Was yours drilled and stuck on or just stuck? Ps looks amazing bud
 
I opted not too have them fitted, I like the clean lines, camera never lies, I can't decide black or red spoiler 🤔 Was yours drilled and stuck on or just stuck? Ps looks amazing bud
Yea starting to think the clean lines are better.
Stuck on, the guy that did it said he put extra tape on some areas to make up for not having the bolts
 
Test drive complete.. Like the car

SWMBO not totally convinced but I’ve just paid the £1000 on a silver manual 🥳

Loved the red but it goes against my footballing allegiances 😉

I’m wondering whether to switch to the grey or possibly the blue but I guess I can sleep on it and go firm once the next email lands..
 
Last edited:
Got my follow up email from Toyota to place the GR order.. not bad as I only completed the reservation request mid afternoon

I’ve got until Thursday to do it so I’ll enjoy our first Granddaughter’s Christening tomorrow then sleep on the colour choice and then make a final decision maybe Sunday..
 
#88 on the list collected Monday without the rear spoiler or parking sensors (due to be completed yesterday) fitted because I had it booked for front ppf and ceramic on the rest.
The guy doing the detail offered to fit the spoiler, I'm not the first this has happened to across the various OEM.
Collected the car from him last night and he did a fantastic job.
It turns out the parking sensors are not available until August so I've a few weeks to decide by driving it if I actually want them.
View attachment 18333View attachment 18334View attachment 18335
That’s looks great!! Enjoy!! My car, also grey is due to arrive at dealer at the start of Aug. I have had a few moments recently questioning whether I should switch to sapphire blue which also looks great but no doubts now. I had also been swithering about the ducktail which I’d ordered but again no doubts about it now so thank you for posting your pics. 👍🏼
 
That’s looks great!! Enjoy!! My car, also grey is due to arrive at dealer at the start of Aug. I have had a few moments recently questioning whether I should switch to sapphire blue which also looks great but no doubts now.

Have you seen either of the colours IRL?
 
Have you seen either of the colours IRL?
No unfortunately not. There are three dealers local to me but only two are GR centres who have a silver and electric blue demonstrator. I asked if they had the paint samples for the GR86 but they didn’t annoyingly which makes choosing the colour that much harder.
 
No unfortunately not. There are three dealers local to me but only two are GR centres who have a silver and electric blue demonstrator. I asked if they had the paint samples for the GR86 but they didn’t annoyingly which makes choosing the colour that much harder.
My local dealer (not a GR centre) had paint samples but too small too really help. But I was able to compare them to the used and new cars on site and all were slightly different annoyingly. I don't think though you can really go wrong with any of the colours, I went with Red.
 
If you’re willing to travel it might be worth extending the net and asking the next closest dealers if they have a demonstrator and what colour it is? Failing that a forum member may be willing to meet you so you can view their car if you ask.
 
No unfortunately not. There are three dealers local to me but only two are GR centres who have a silver and electric blue demonstrator. I asked if they had the paint samples for the GR86 but they didn’t annoyingly which makes choosing the colour that much harder.
I found this video.. It’s Japanese but has some good footage of actual cars:

GR86 Colours
 
Back
Top