GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

The big question to sleep on is “what’s the point“ of having something which you have very little chance to use safely , unless you’re going to behave like a total T🤬🤬T 🤔 one to sleep on 💤💤💤💤
Ultimately, this will be the problem with any car you buy to have fun though - the good thing about the GR is that you can at least have fun at much slower speeds. I do sympathise though; it's irritating having to share the roads with others!

My advice would be, set you alarm for early on Sunday morning and go out for a good drive then, when you'll have the roads to yourself. And take solace in the fact that you live in easy reach of the moors; I live in the crowded south-east, and Sunday mornings are really the only time that I get to properly enjoy my car - and I still think it worth having.
 
This is more about managing expectations when driving today. Doesn't matter what car it is, the moments of fun are few and far between with the volume of traffic and NPC's about. When you can't go for it, relax and don't overdrive to try and make it happen because often it won't and you'll just get frustrated. Best is to go out when it's quieter. Dawn raids this time of year are great fun.
 
I think @Conscript and @KobayashiMaru86 put it very well @AndyRC , there will be some nice quiet moments on the road when it makes it all worthwhile.

And I'd certainly agree with the notion that the '86 can be enjoyed when just driving around normally, taking pleasure in the feel of the car and lovely sensations it provides.
 
Well it’s had a run out on roads I know well, not a particularly busy day traffic wise, but the number of opportunities to drive it with some spirit was disappointingly low , and when I got a clear bit of road to safely overtake on the NY Moors a transit pulls out in front , despite me indicating , already overtaking a car and being bright red 😳 The big question to sleep on is “what’s the point“ of having something which you have very little chance to use safely , unless you’re going to behave like a total T🤬🤬T 🤔 one to sleep on 💤💤💤💤


View attachment 15812View attachment 15813View attachment 15814
That looks suspiciously like the Lion Inn Blakey Ridge. Cracking Road!
 
Well it’s had a run out on roads I know well, not a particularly busy day traffic wise, but the number of opportunities to drive it with some spirit was disappointingly low , and when I got a clear bit of road to safely overtake on the NY Moors a transit pulls out in front , despite me indicating , already overtaking a car and being bright red 😳 The big question to sleep on is “what’s the point“ of having something which you have very little chance to use safely , unless you’re going to behave like a total T🤬🤬T 🤔 one to sleep on 💤💤💤💤


View attachment 15812View attachment 15813View attachment 15814
Looking good Andy, good runs sometimes come at the most unexpected moments. I had a cracking run up to Castleton and back to Hutton-le-Hole on a Sunday afternoon without getting held up once.
 
I'm just enjoying the 6at pottering around. Not many opportunities in Berkshire to drive enthusiastically, but it's comfortable, low, looks great, and I'll drive quickly on track and race days.

Even if I don't get a chance to drive hard on the road often, every trip I take seems like an event. I'm very happy with my choice.
 
Hi everyone new member.
Black GR86 6MT
11:56 order gone into build today so it’s become Real now so joined this great forum.
Did you get a notification/email from Toyota or did you just check the app to find this out? I am an 11:48 and Toyota have estimated July when speaking a couple of weeks back on the phone so anticipating it going into build imminently.
 
Did you get a notification/email from Toyota or did you just check the app to find this out? I am an 11:48 and Toyota have estimated July when speaking a couple of weeks back on the phone so anticipating it going into build imminently.
This morning app + email update
I was told I’m in the last 100 with the 11:56 order
 
Could potentially be expanding the list...

IMG-20230428-WA0002~2.webp
 
The deadline is next April right? They can't sell it after then due to Euro 7 I think
 
I got it too - even though I have an open order.
I've been given a revised ETA of early August (as opposed to 'late 2023').
Online team have told me it's 'in build' but I don't actually believe that - had no notification in the app or email, and I'm sure it would be arriving sooner than August if it was in build now.
 
Back
Top