GR Yaris Ships in Transit

After being left with no news about my car since it was disembarked in Sagunto (27th of June!), I tried to understand a bit more about what's happening with the help of my dealer.
On their systems, the car is still stuck at "Port/Customs", even if their email on 27th June stated that the car was already on the car transporter directed to the dealer.
There is also a tentative day of delivery to the dealer on the 29th of July, but the same dealer told me that usually it's not a reliable info.
The dealer also told me that the delivery of Toyota/Lexus cars to all European countries since a few years has been centrally managed by Toyota Europe, and not by the single country of destination, like it was before.
He told me that I'd have full rights to complain about this situation with Toyota Europe, by writing to them and asking them about where the car actually is, and by when it will be actually delivered to the dealer.
Did anyone tried this path before?
Is there an email address of Toyota Europe I could write to for something like that?
Thank you everyone!
That is harsh, atleast i kinda know/think my car is nearby more or less in the Baltics, on the Toyota Motor Europe website i only see a phone number for the Brussels, Headquarters.
 
That is harsh, atleast i kinda know/think my car is nearby more or less in the Baltics, on the Toyota Motor Europe website i only see a phone number for the Brussels, Headquarters.
Thank you @Armijs , I will try that, maybe they could give me some helpful reference for this kind of problem.
Almost 4 weeks without knowing anything is quite a lot, they have to give me some more info soon.
 
Thank you @Armijs , I will try that, maybe they could give me some helpful reference for this kind of problem.
Almost 4 weeks without knowing anything is quite a lot, they have to give me some more info soon.
I was surprised yours was on a Sagunto ship tbh. The ships alternate between Sagunto and Livorno before heading for Bristol. Fingers crossed you track it down!
 
The emails I got from Toyota are perfectly synchronized with the trip of Galveston from Nagoya to Sagunto, so I'm pretty sure my car was on Galveston.
I don't know, maybe Sagunto has become the main hub for delivering Toyota cars to Southern Europe after avoiding the Suez Canal, who knows?
My dealer told me that recently Toyota Europe decided to directly manage from Brussels all the deliveries to European Countries, while before each country was responsible for the delivery of their cars, and maybe they reduced the stops by the ships coming from Japan (Sagunto, Bristol, Zeebrugge) to limit costs?
What I'm pretty sure about is that in Bristol they were expecting Galveston coming from Livorno, and on the days when Galveston could have docked in Livorno, all Italian ports were troubled by one of the many strikes that plague Italy almost every day.
So I couldn't be surprised at all if Galveston was actually planning to stop in Livorno, and it canceled the stop due to the strike, like another vehicle carrier ship I was following, did on the exact same days.
The problem is that my dealer told me many horror stories about new car deliveries in Italy recently, with customers waiting for their car (sometimes even after they fully paid for it) for even months, without knowing anything until the car was finally delivered to the dealer.
With Italy you always have to be prepared for the worst, I'm quite used to that on too many things, sadly. :rolleyes:
But I'm also ready to press Toyota in any possibile way until they give me some info and until they finally deliver it to my dealer.
 
Last edited:
Well, Dealer just contacted me, ETA changed to July 30th, but i finally got my VIN atleast. I guess it was not on last weeks ship then at Paldiski, but actually will be arriving this wednesday.

As i got my VIN i was being a bit cheeky and already added the car to my account through Tech Doc, now atleast i have the car under purchased although it is not yet techincally, no matter, can easily remove it if neccesary :ROFLMAO:

Went ahead and activated connected services, but off course wont see the location as the QR code in multimedia has not been scanned, and PDI has not been done and the fuse has not been removed for everything to go online.

Screenshot_20240722_144821_MyToyota.jpg

And the possible options, might be more after full activation, climate control was too barebones, only temperature.
Screenshot_20240722_145122_MyToyota.webp
 
Last edited:
After my complaint email to Toyota Italy, finally today the VIN of my car came up.
Don't know if there is any relation between the two events, but let's think it helped me to get a bit luckier, at least. 😅
No change to the ETA by now, I'll wait and see...
 
My car should be by dealer, latest friday evening if all goes well, tomorrow till 12:00 it should be loaded up and on the way. Sale papers are already being handled, number plate should be ordered as well hopefully to arrive at the local DMV/MOT, i could not secure GR-96, but GZ-96 will do, as in GaZoo-96, all our company and family cars have number 96 and different letters. Cant wait at all anymore...
 
My car should be by dealer, latest friday evening if all goes well, tomorrow till 12:00 it should be loaded up and on the way. Sale papers are already being handled, number plate should be ordered as well hopefully to arrive at the local DMV/MOT, i could not secure GR-96, but GZ-96 will do, as in GaZoo-96, all our company and family cars have number 96 and different letters. Cant wait at all anymore...
That's great to hear!
Today my dealer received the other one that was with mine on the same ship, a manual grey one. He is quite sure mine could arrive in ten days at latest, since he got the VIN of the grey one about 10 days ago.
I'm a bit relieved now...

No custom plates here in Italy, sadly.
We have a law, that introduced custom car plates even here 3 years ago, but this law it's still missing the "applicative decrees", like they name them, some mini-laws very simple to elaborate, that are taking ages to be issued... Italy at its best, as usual :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
After my complaint email to Toyota Italy, finally today the VIN of my car came up.
Don't know if there is any relation between the two events, but let's think it helped me to get a bit luckier, at least. 😅
No change to the ETA by now, I'll wait and see...
Ciao Markku,

May I know if you find any specific email address or if you just contacted them through the web form available on the website ? I'm asking cause I'm basically in the same situatuation as yours with the car stuck in port/customs (hopefully in Italy), no VIN number and impossible to track the order with the app:cry:
 
Ciao @T0M ,
It's not a surprise that we Italians are the ones on this forum with troubles with deliveries...
I used the form on this page:
https://www.toyota.it/forms/contattaci
I'm not so sure that my complaint had some quick effects like this, even if it was quite an harsh complaint, but who knows?
In Italy we are used to "arrangiarci" to get almost everything that it's actually due to us.
Good luck with your complaint, and feel free to ask if you'd need more help.
 
Just to criticize a bit more Toyota Italy, I see that @Armijs has a beautiful image of a Mk2 GRY on his App after he set the VIN number.
In my case, the VIN inputing procedure went well, it was recognized with all the right settings, but... the image of the car is not available.
It reads "loading..." with a car under a blanket, but I can't have the joy of seeing the picture of a White Mk2 GRY in my App.
Stupid details, I know, but why everything has always some problem to be fixed in this country?
Why can't we already do something working and complete at the first attempt, why?? 😭
 
Just to criticize a bit more Toyota Italy, I see that @Armijs has a beautiful image of a Mk2 GRY on his App after he set the VIN number.
In my case, the VIN inputing procedure went well, it was recognized with all the right settings, but... the image of the car is not available.
It reads "loading..." with a car under a blanket, but I can't have the joy of seeing the picture of a White Mk2 GRY in my App.
Stupid details, I know, but why everything has always some problem to be fixed in this country?
Why can't we already do something working and complete at the first attempt, why?? 😭
… cause Luigi is still-ona-lunch-breack! 🫴
Entro domani. Dolce Vita! There is even an official emoji for this:

IMG_7276.jpeg
 
Last edited:
That's great to hear!
Today my dealer received the other one that was with mine on the same ship, a manual grey one. He is quite sure mine could arrive in ten days at latest, since he got the VIN of the grey one about 10 days ago.
I'm a bit relieved now...

No custom plates here in Italy, sadly.
We have a law, that introduced custom car plates even here 3 years ago, but this law it's still missing the "applicative decrees", like the name them, some mini-laws very simple to elaborate, that are taking ages to be issued... Italy at its best, as usual :rolleyes:
They are not custom, you can pay more to choose from regular series number plates, that is how we have collected them over the years, or through knowing the right people we have gotten mosr of ours like this, we have like 10-12 numberplates in the company family with Number 96, In Latvia Number plates go from XX-X to XX-XXXX, first X are letters, second X's are numbers. And if you pay more you can choose from available ones that have not been given out yet, truly custom number plates cost like 3500 EUR or so, choise number plates are like 500 eur, and reguler series number plates in order are like 22 eur for the set.
 
Last edited:
Just to criticize a bit more Toyota Italy, I see that @Armijs has a beautiful image of a Mk2 GRY on his App after he set the VIN number.
In my case, the VIN inputing procedure went well, it was recognized with all the right settings, but... the image of the car is not available.
It reads "loading..." with a car under a blanket, but I can't have the joy of seeing the picture of a White Mk2 GRY in my App.
Stupid details, I know, but why everything has always some problem to be fixed in this country?
Why can't we already do something working and complete at the first attempt, why?? 😭
Well i did some extra steps mere mortals like you are not able to do :ROFLMAO: , i basically added this car to my account through TechDoc, rather than adding VIN in the app, it has more power when done like that i think if you dont have the car yet.
 
And if you pay more you can choose from available ones that have not been given out yet, truly custom number plates cost like 3500 EUR or so, choise number plates are like 500 eur, and reguler series number plates in order are like 22 eur for the set.

Again stuff that is extra cheap in Slovenia, 120€ for a customized plates (2 letters city code + up to 6 characters whatever you want). Probably half GRY have customized ones, I already have an idea for a great one, but I don't want to publicly post it until I have it.
 
Ah, ok, so it's more like how it works in Switzerland (even still a bit different), where you can choose among a few ordinary plates available for free, or you can participate in paid auctions to get some more rare number combinations.
If I'd move back to Switzerland soon (as it looks like it will be, hopefully), taking with me my beloved GRY of course, I will sure take advantage of this as well, once I will import the car there.
 
Well i did some extra steps mere mortals like you are not able to do :ROFLMAO: , i basically added this car to my account through TechDoc, rather than adding VIN in the app, it has more power when done like that i think if you dont have the car yet.
That's even more interesting, that's great of you! I'm a bit into tech for my daily job (still far away from IT magicians, clearly) and I will try that myself, you got me started!
I will let you know once I stop and cry for your help... 😅
 
I just received a reply from Toyota Italy.
I guess their first intention was to reply with the @Norbi emoji 🤌😁, but in the end they confirmed that the car is in Italy, and it is completing the final steps for setting it up for the delivery to the dealer.
Hence I guess that my email had some effect, at least they had to check out my car status, and maybe someone recalled that there was a car that had been forgotten somewhere in the process, who knows?
I was pretty sure that Toyota Italy wouldn't have responded, and for once I have to take back my wariness.
Happy to acknowledge that sometimes things work even in Italy.
 
Back
Top