GR86 GR86 - The “I’m thinking of cancelling / did cancel my order” thread

Right then, I've slept on it (tried to during those spectacular storms last night).

My rather serious wobble is over.

I've come this far I'm not giving up. I am proud to be a member of Major @AndyRC 's Band of Brothers* and will continue to fight on!

My empathic, sensitive partner's 'helpful' contribution (direct, verbatim quote cited here with her express permission): "If you cancel the car you won't have anything to moan about - until you find something else to moan about". (!)

Summary: I am not cancelling my order and will take delivery of my GR86 if it's the very last thing I ever do.*

Bonne chance comrades!




*Other gender identities are available
*Which it may well be at this rate
Right then, I've slept on it (tried to during those spectacular storms last night).

My rather serious wobble is over.

I've come this far I'm not giving up. I am proud to be a member of Major @AndyRC 's Band of Brothers* and will continue to fight on!

My empathic, sensitive partner's 'helpful' contribution (direct, verbatim quote cited here with her express permission): "If you cancel the car you won't have anything to moan about - until you find something else to moan about". (!)

Summary: I am not cancelling my order and will take delivery of my GR86 if it's the very last thing I ever do.*

Bonne chance comrades!




*Other gender identities are available
*Which it may well be at this rate
CB4CE2EC-EDDA-4B11-AA82-7A8C4E57EB5F.jpeg

Stick with it @Silver Fox , and anyone else who is having a “wobble” I’ve had a couple lately (one could have been
due to 🍺). A set of these for the original 200 in Zoo Company hung over your interior mirror will mark you out as a survivor and possibly a hero 👍
 
And FREE mugs to all current european GR86 owners!
You can have a free mug is you make a donation to the forum. :p

Minimum £10 in the UK, £15 if overseas due to postage.

 
You can have a free mug is you make a donation to the forum. :p

Minimum £10 in the UK, £15 if overseas due to postage.

There it is stated, that you don' send to Germany ;)
 
Lot of soul searching in this thread over the weekend it seems! I finally managed to grab 20 mins to myself to drive down to my local dealer who I'd heard had a very Fast & Furious Supra in ... They weren't joking!

PXL_20220905_185528972.jpg


They had a white one there as well, I think a 2.0. The Supra is incredibly purposel in real life, I love everything about the shape (if not the wrap in this one!)

They had both red and white GR Yaris' in as well... I might have to go back when they're actually open and do some test drives. Wish I'd been able to see a GR86 in the metal to compare thoughts 😭
 
Lot of soul searching in this thread over the weekend it seems! I finally managed to grab 20 mins to myself to drive down to my local dealer who I'd heard had a very Fast & Furious Supra in ... They weren't joking!

View attachment 7642

They had a white one there as well, I think a 2.0. The Supra is incredibly purposel in real life, I love everything about the shape (if not the wrap in this one!)

They had both red and white GR Yaris' in as well... I might have to go back when they're actually open and do some test drives. Wish I'd been able to see a GR86 in the metal to compare thoughts 😭
100% love that
 
I might have hit a major stumbling block... my little one has kicked off at the space in the back of a GT86. Felt claustrophic and couldn't see out of the window properly. Everything I've read says she can't sit in the front passenger seat (you can't manually turn the air bags off but you can in the Yaris and Supra!).

This would effectively make the car a 1 seater and stupidly means an MX5 is more practical for us 🤦‍♂️
 
I might have hit a major stumbling block... my little one has kicked off at the space in the back of a GT86. Felt claustrophic and couldn't see out of the window properly. Everything I've read says she can't sit in the front passenger seat (you can't manually turn the air bags off but you can in the Yaris and Supra!).

This would effectively make the car a 1 seater and stupidly means an MX5 is more practical for us 🤦‍♂️
Pretty sure you can turn off the passenger airbag in the GT86 (open the passenger door and I think there's somewhere you stick the key). I would be immensely surprised if the same didn't apply to the GR.

EDIT: had a quick squizz at the manual (https://www.gr-zoo.com/threads/u-k-owner’s-manual.1102/) and maybe you are right. Can't find anything about disabling the airbag.
 
I might have hit a major stumbling block... my little one has kicked off at the space in the back of a GT86. Felt claustrophic and couldn't see out of the window properly. Everything I've read says she can't sit in the front passenger seat (you can't manually turn the air bags off but you can in the Yaris and Supra!).

This would effectively make the car a 1 seater and stupidly means an MX5 is more practical for us 🤦‍♂️
I thought only rear facing seats can't go in the front with the airbag on? if she's old enough to use the word claustrophobic she should be fine 👍
 
Pretty sure you can turn off the passenger airbag in the GT86 (open the passenger door and I think there's somewhere you stick the key). I would be immensely surprised if the same didn't apply to the GR.

EDIT: had a quick squizz at the manual (https://www.gr-zoo.com/threads/u-k-owner’s-manual.1102/) and maybe you are right. Can't find anything about disabling the airbag.

Yup, it seems like a backwards step there which was why I was so keen to sit in a demo and check she was happy in the back.... Obviously Toyota been zero use on making that happen.

Seems crazy when the other GR cars have the option but there are some pretty explicit warnings in the user manual about it.

I thought only rear facing seats can't go in the front with the airbag on? if she's old enough to use the word claustrophobic she should be fine 👍
Tbf she said she felt like she was in a cave :ROFLMAO:

IMG-20220725-WA0011.webp
 
Back
Top