mag
Absorbed member
Lmao my other car is a honda jazzTo me nothing says “my other car is probably a Lamborghini/Ferrari/Mclaren/Porsche/Lotus” more than a GRYaris.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Lmao my other car is a honda jazzTo me nothing says “my other car is probably a Lamborghini/Ferrari/Mclaren/Porsche/Lotus” more than a GRYaris.
I mean. I guess I feel a bit betrayed. I’ve been going around proud telling people the story of the GR Yaris, and now anyone and everyone will be able to buy one and a newer one at that. What separates us from the other hot hatches or Porsche dudes now? When is the Mk3 with 310bhp due? Q3 2026?
Yeah my Mrs will be like: "I thought you said these cars were rare?" - the moment she hears people will be able to order a newer one...I mean. I guess I feel a bit betrayed. I’ve been going around proud telling people the story of the GR Yaris, and now anyone and everyone will be able to buy one and a newer one at that. What separates us from the other hot hatches or Porsche dudes now? When is the Mk3 with 310bhp due? Q3 2026?
Mine said that exact thing… I sold her on the idea that this a rare opportunity to buy a brand spanking new dream car at an affordable price. So I had to act fast-ish and sell our three year old e-GolfYeah my Mrs will be like: "I thought you said these cars were rare?" - the moment she hears people will be able to order a newer one...![]()
![]()
Toyota never marketed it as a limited edition or special edition and production will stop at 25,000. They have always said from day one if it’s a success they will keep building it.I get what you're saying. The most frustrating part is how Toyota marketed the MK1, and we all fell for it. They sold us on this idea: it's a homologation special, limited to 25k units, and the fact that we can't produce them fast enough to meet demand (with some of you waiting over 2 years for delivery) just shows how unique and special this car is.
Then, out of nowhere, they pull a fast one, re-releasing essentially the same car with upgrades and no hint of any production limit. It looks like they could easily pump out another 25k units or more.
It kind of makes me lose trust in anything they say or market in the future. I understand, they're a car company, and their ultimate goal is to make a profit. And sure, the MK1 production started during COVID, so maybe their plans changed once the global car parts shortage eased up.
But still, I'm not letting them off the hook for this.
Spot on.Toyota never marketed it as a limited edition or special edition and production will stop at 25,000. They have always said from day one if it’s a success they will keep building it.
I hope they build as many as possible because the MK2 looks even better with all the upgrades and tweaks
Yep.Toyota never marketed it as a limited edition or special edition and production will stop at 25,000. They have always said from day one if it’s a success they will keep building it.
I hope they build as many as possible because the MK2 looks even better with all the upgrades and tweaks
One of the few realistic price posts on this. Inflation adjusted cost+ a few £k for the improvements. Nobody sells a facelift for the same price as the base model. So £40k-£45k is the realistic price point imo.A few thoughts on MK1 and Mk2 pricing.
Many of us in the UK will have £33500 as the base cost of a Circuit Pack in the back of our head's, because that was the launch price 3 years ago.
As far as I know after several price increases since the current RRP is £35705, which is rarely quoted, if this is incorrect, then let me know.
(Metallica extra £615, Pearlescent £920)
If the Mk2 has a 10% increase then we are at £39275 / £39952 metallic / £40287 pearl.
So we are potentially bouncing on the £40k RFL threshold (extra £390pa tax for 5 years).
The above doesn't take into account any premium for the auto version, so could be £41500/£42000.
All depends on how Toyota want to price it/position it. My gut feeling is just under the threshold for the auto incl paint, so £39995 and £38k for the manual.
They could price it with metallic/pearl as no cost to stay under the threshold, they could sell both manual and auto at the same RRP - both unlikely.
Whatever they decide it's going to be in the high 30's to low 40's.
Fastest where? Its still 20kg heavier
To me it signals foremost it's someone that is at least interested in driving. And probably a good driver. To a degree almost nothing else does... (and by inference, could own all kinds of cars...)To me nothing says “my other car is probably a Lamborghini/Ferrari/Mclaren/Porsche/Lotus” more than a GRYaris.
Yep.
Real talk here. The GR Yaris is the halo car of the Gazoo Racing brand and is carrying it on its back.
Yeah, but nobody except motorsport nerds knows about that. And I say that as someone who has attended multiple WEC races.I think the GR010 is doing that for Gazoo Racing really.
(maybe not on the road though - point taken lol)
View attachment 23867
Sorry, WEC fan here.