GR86 Why Aren’t GR86’s being Delivered?

Remember when we were talking about parking sensors the other day? Is it just me or did the UK online configurator not have physical parking sensors at the rear before? They look very odd to my eyes.
I don't think there were sensors on the original configurator. None on the UK press cars either. They look very daft.

IMG_20220722_092923.webp
 
As long as you get a rear camera like the UK GR Yaris circuit pack cars you'll be alright! 😅
😁
 
@Kosh did the "Toyota insiders" on the German forum said anything about this delay? Do they know anything?

Newest information in German forum is, that they will know at the end of seoptember, what has to be done to the cars:

That looks to me like something has to be approved/checked by authorities.
 
Newest information in German forum is, that they will know at the end of seoptember, what has to be done to the cars:

That looks to me like something has to be approved/checked by authorities.
What it means is the EU officials are off on holiday for 6 weeks so nothing will get done. Then they will have a think about it looking through their 5000 pages of regulations and decide something needs changing. Which will need manufacturing etc etc. nothing moves fast in the EU. Don’t hold your breath and if it impacts the U.K. well double that timescale
 
Remember when we were talking about parking sensors the other day? Is it just me or did the UK online configurator not have physical parking sensors at the rear before? They look very odd to my eyes.

I could just be a bit hungover does anyone else remember? https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/g...-40d9-b12a-79135af6a2e3&financeOption=monthly
The configurator has always had them, I took screenshots initially as the spec said they were included when we first ordered then changed a few weeks later.
I like having sensors and would prefer to use/hear them in conjunction with my mirrors than looking at a reversing camera as I’ve never got along with them.
 
I have downloaded the original specification from the order details. I would be checking rigorously whether anything listed is missing on the actual car. The items listed are the least they can do and must do. “Rear parking sensors with automatic object braking” and “headlight cleaners” are listed on the PDF downloaded on 20/4/2022.

I regret not taking a screenshot of the 12 weeks lead time as I didn’t think a Japanese company could mess up customer relations this badly.
 
This should should be sponsored by TUK and renamed “The GR86 - replicates your journey to ownership of a GR86, hold on tight and enjoy the ride “ , It’s £1,000 for an unlimited use ticket before you get your GR86 to the first 400 lucky customers 🤣😂🤣


 
I have downloaded the original specification from the order details. I would be checking rigorously whether anything listed is missing on the actual car. The items listed are the least they can do and must do. “Rear parking sensors with automatic object braking” and “headlight cleaners” are listed on the PDF downloaded on 20/4/2022.

I regret not taking a screenshot of the 12 weeks lead time as I didn’t think a Japanese company could mess up customer relations this badly.
Can you link that about parking sensors. I knew I read it somewhere but can’t find it anywhere now
 

Back in May they started changing the spec and removed parking sensors. Who knows what we'll actually end up with as we only have a couple of Toyota Marketing cars to go off and we couldnt be sure they were final UK spec.
 

Back in May they started changing the spec and removed parking sensors. Who knows what we'll actually end up with as we only have a couple of Toyota Marketing cars to go off and we couldnt be sure they were final UK spec.

We will get a 1,5L turbo with FWD at the end...
 
  • Haha
Reactions: ZN8
Hand over £1k for a lottery ticket as you don’t know when you might get your car, how many months previously it was part built and left in a field whilst they find some final bits to put on it or even what the final spec might be!!Oh and we would like the other £29k before you see it!! Surprise surprise !!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top