GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

Although a few days ago I installed the HKS super air filter.
Went on a Sunday morning drive to Caffeine and Machine just to stall the car as I entered the parking, they had sold out so went to Maccy's then a dash of petrol and returned home. 120+ miles return trip
Oh another GR86 in the dark blue flashed me, I waved back πŸ™‚
 
Did you get the details exactly of where the door bit is done? . My dealer could not find it and told me it was because the car has central locking
I’ve set up a post for such details, as yet, no one has added to it. The idea was to get details of the fixes / adjustments and then present the service departments with a set of details that allows them to navigate the menus and sort the problems πŸ‘
 
Did you get the details exactly of where the door bit is done? . My dealer could not find it and told me it was because the car has central locking
Following this thread - my dealer too couldn’t find a way to do it.
 
20230220_113530.webp
Glug, glug, glug
 
Although a few days ago I installed the HKS super air filter.
Went on a Sunday morning drive to Caffeine and Machine just to stall the car as I entered the parking, they had sold out so went to Maccy's then a dash of petrol and returned home. 120+ miles return trip
Oh another GR86 in the dark blue flashed me, I waved back πŸ™‚
Notice any difference with the filter?
 
Tbh I'd be pleased if it just increased the induction whine you sometimes get, sounds mega
 
HKS Air Filter coming tomorrow from Fensport. Also took the opportunity to give the car another wash and check the fluids. It's the first time I've checked the oil and it's about 2/3 down from the max. I'll get some (anyone guess the proper original grade?), but just wondered if anyone else has checked their oil and if Subaru/Toyota are skimping on maxing out (I very much doubt it's used much in the 350 miles I've done so far).
 
You will want 0w20. I checked mine and had put about 300ml in it. So yeah about the same as yours.
 
HKS Air Filter coming tomorrow from Fensport. Also took the opportunity to give the car another wash and check the fluids. It's the first time I've checked the oil and it's about 2/3 down from the max. I'll get some (anyone guess the proper original grade?), but just wondered if anyone else has checked their oil and if Subaru/Toyota are skimping on maxing out (I very much doubt it's used much in the 350 miles I've done so far).
It arrived as promised and I bobbed it in, in about 3 minutes - easy job. I've always used a K&N before, but you hear negatives over wet filters (although I'd never had a problem), thought I'd try another different type.

PXL_20230222_182621888.webp
 
Last edited:
It arrived as promised and I bobbed it in, in about 3 minutes - easy job. I've always used a K&N before, but you hear negatives over wet filters (although I'd never had a problem), thought I'd try another different type.
Any improvement? I had the HKS filter on the old car, I think it made the induction sound a bit louder, and convinced myself that the car revved a bit more freely at the top end, but it could have been my imagination.
 
Any improvement? I had the HKS filter on the old car, I think it made the induction sound a bit louder, and convinced myself that the car revved a bit more freely at the top end, but it could have been my imagination.
No idea yet, just gone over 400 miles today !
 
Whilst out for one of those drives finding all the tomatoes in a 30 mile radius, I discovered how horrendous the ASC sounds. It makes the car sound like a 90's arcade game, the frequency is offensive to my ears, I was going to put it on a switch, it doesn't deserve a switch, that's being disconnected at the weekend.
 
Back
Top