GR Yaris What did you do to your GR Yaris today?

With direct injection, fuel doesn't enter the cylinder until just before it is ignited and is mostly vapourised.
Countrary to days of old where it entered the combustion chamber on the intake stroke, often flooded with gasoline on the choke while cylinder walls are cold where it could condense upon....
 
My understanding is there’s lubrication issues, as above the fuel condensing issue was on older cars.

The other thing to note is whilst the engine will get up to temp the gearbox and diffs are sat cold doing nothing.

Completely fine for an icy morning defrosting the car but I originally mentioned this point based on letting it warm up before going for a “fun drive”.

Anyway back to what we’re doing, I looked at mine and it’s still not dirty enough so won’t be getting a wash for a few weeks yet!
 
So today I went for a drive to visit family. Detoured to do some km on my favourite bit of gravel and when I pulled on the handbrake there was a horrible screeching from the front left. Continued for some time after I released the brake and came to a stop. Apparently I forgot to let the co-driver know we were going to Scandanavian flick the last hairpin.
 
2 years in and I'm still making excuses to go for a drive or take the long way :)
I'm the same, This is my Google maps for probably 90% of journeys since getting the GRY
Screenshot_20230304-163523.webp
 
There is also a thread I posted about String Theory doing a wheel swap for Alcantara soemwhere.

Anyway, this week I booked it in for a 2 year service on the app.

I asked the dealer loads of questions about camber bolts, allignment, diff oils, speaker upgrades etc etc. It has been 2 days and nobody has called me back and if they don't by next week I may just drive 2 hours to RRG and get it done properly.
An update to this. Still no response from the dealer.

Please don't make me drive 2 hours to RRG Mr Listers!
 
An update to this. Still no response from the dealer.

Please don't make me drive 2 hours to RRG Mr Listers!
Most dealers will not fit anything that isn’t std fit to the car and never have. (That also goes for some of the higher quality third parties)

Diff oils = dealer will do this as it’s a service item in their manual
Speakers= audio equipment specialist
Camber bolts = chassis alignment specialist

All except the alignment is easy diy if you have the facility.
 
Most dealers will not fit anything that isn’t std fit to the car and never have. (That also goes for some of the higher quality third parties)

Diff oils = dealer will do this as it’s a service item in their manual
Speakers= audio equipment specialist
Camber bolts = chassis alignment specialist

All except the alignment is easy diy if you have the facility.

To add to that, I believe that for camber bolt related works, while these can also be carried out by alignment specialists, a follow up, most likely at Toyota, is needed for:
  1. ECU Data Initialisation (wrt Active torque split AWD system)
  2. Calibration (wrt VSC)
 
To add to that, I believe that for camber bolt related works, while these can also be carried out by alignment specialists, a follow up, most likely at Toyota, is needed for:
  1. ECU Data Initialisation (wrt Active torque split AWD system)
  2. Calibration (wrt VSC)

Never heard of this. Can’t say I’ve had any issues with mine after 20,000miles running.
 
Fair enough. I don't think it's in the owner's manual, only in the repair & service manual.
Are the values of geo (paper print) enough for Toyota to do it? Going on a maintenance service on Friday, so I'd like to get it done then.
 
Are the values of geo (paper print) enough for Toyota to do it? Going on a maintenance service on Friday, so I'd like to get it done then.

No idea, sorry. I would imagine, though, that you providing geo values to Toyota is irrelevant. You asking the to perform:
  1. Calibration (wrt VSC); and
  2. ECU Data Initialisation (wrt Active torque split AWD system)
as per the last steps of the Toyota process for doing alignment, should be sufficient, as the technicians' involvement might largely be to connect computer systems and let these do the job automatically, rather than physically do/input much.
 
Last edited:
I wanted that spoiler (or Varis) and diffusor, but waiting time turned me off... Damn they are lookin' good!!! That's one sexy butt!

Didn’t wait for Varis diffuser I just saw it at upgarage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
This is boring but made me smile. On my way to play golf on Saturday a Seat Cupra estate decided to make a loud overtake in a built up area 30mph. I noticed there was a golf trolley in their boot. This is where my smile starts, I know he's also going to the golf course so I just carried on my journey . I was obviously following the car, he thought I was up for a race so he gave it full beans and he's car (too much power) was snaking all over the road . I just held back to make sure he turned into the golf course, then I parked along side him YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN HE'S FACE. We had some great banter and found out he was teeing off just in front of us. We were catching him up, so I SHOUTED "your golfing is a mirror image of your cars traction "

Well it made me smile, I just have a strange sense of humour
 
Back
Top