GR Yaris What did you do to your GR Yaris today?

Made myself a clutch bump stop! Bloody good little gadget! - of course everything is better with a GR logo :)

20230307_203738.webp
 
Well that was an enjoyable lunch, road conditions were just mostly wet with some slushy bits and some pretty sizeable puddles but it was still snowing.

Is quite nice going down a nice b-road in the snow.
 
Today I received a recall letter which is weird because I'm sure it was done.

Data communication module programming.

20230308_175418.webp
 
Today I received a recall letter which is weird because I'm sure it was done.

Data communication module programming.
Just booked mine in. That's its 3rd recall!! :oops:
All three different reference numbers if you check the app! o_O
They tried to do it on my 2nd Service to save me coming back but nope it didn't work so I'm dropping it off this Friday... :giggle: (y)
 
Found out my dealer used gf5 sn+ oil on my car, I asked for gf6 sp.
20230302_165745.webp
Even worse, last time when I brought Ravenol dfe sae ow20, the post-sales guy said it would void my warranty. :mad:
 
Found out my dealer used gf5 sn+ oil on my car, I asked for gf6 sp.
View attachment 14471
Even worse, last time when I brought Ravenol dfe sae ow20, the post-sales guy said it would void my warranty. :mad:

It didn't void mine.

It certainly shouldn't void yours, as it's in compliance with what the manual and engine oil cap specify.

Perhaps ask them in writing, making a reference to the manual. This should make it difficult for them to make such false claims and you will hopegully have some protection in case they attempt to void the warranty later on.
 
Had fun in the snow. What a capable car, especially when so many others were struggling.

Question to those who drive in the snow often, what buttons should I be pressing for driving in the snow?
All off but then you need to be more careful
 
Received my DCM recall letter ... be phoning the local dealer tomorrow to get it booked in and sorted.

Had an absolute blast last weekend though - drive out across Somerset, Devon & Cornwall with a group of folk. The Yaris really held its own against M2's, M4's, RS3 etc. Did get "air" over a hump in the road across Dartmoor but it just landed on all 4 and carried on as if nothing had happened (my heart rate though increased somewhat)
 
Back
Top