GR86 UK Boot Mat

Boot is actually rather curvy on the sides and not a lot of flat area for your standard nets, plus you would be half inside the boot to place items in said nets.

AliX was the default choice as was not in a rush and the £ to gamble was worth it.
 
I was thinking of getting the cargo net, but I'm not sure if it's easy to get hold of..
I got mine from the USA via eBay which came with all of the necessary fittings. At the time it cost me £13 + £6 postage. There's an updated listing here but I haven't investigated how competitive the new price is.
 
I got mine from the USA via eBay which came with all of the necessary fittings. At the time it cost me £13 + £6 postage. There's an updated listing here but I haven't investigated how competitive the new price is.
£23 with postage. Worth a punt. Thanks!
 
I was thinking of getting the cargo net, but I'm not sure if it's easy to get hold of...but where did you get those little nets on each side? They would actually be handy for me for the same reason, holding shopping bags and stuff.

Ideally I'd like some little nets which partition off the little section each side of the boot entrance, ideal for storing bags, ice scraper, etc.
Finally got hold of my cargo net via Listers. Took a couple of months to arrive but was about 30 quid in the end I think as they gave me a discount for the wait.
 
I got mine from the USA via eBay which came with all of the necessary fittings. At the time it cost me £13 + £6 postage. There's an updated listing here but I haven't investigated how competitive the new price is.
Thanks for the link Sonic, they look good value, just ordered the last one for £23.59 inc postage.
 
Well looky what Santa brought:
View attachment 23151

View attachment 23152

View attachment 23153

A big thank you to David, parts at Jemca Bracknell. In a joint effort lasting over a year, I have it. The only boot mat in the UK 😂

I'll now embark on a UK tour to show all of my family this significant achievement 😛

Next stock is allegedly January.
I've just spoken to Toyota online to order it and they have the part number on their system but no idea what it is or what it's for apparently. Was still able to order with an ETA of 13/03/24 (whether or not it'll actually arrive by then who knows)
 
I've fitted this keep net thing across the boot opening but have yet to make use of it. I suppose it'll come in to it's own when the marrow picking season commences.
I know it's an exceedingly dull topic for a sports car forum, but the cargo net is bloody ace. I use my car to pop to the supermarket fairly regularly. As long as they're not overloaded, I can quite comfortably fit two full shopping bags in the net; its loose enough that it can be opened easily with one hand while you put bags in it, but taught enough to keep them upright for the drive home. Keep you lowering springs/turbos/fancy wheels/phat exhausts, this is the real stuff.
 
I've just spoken to Toyota online to order it and they have the part number on their system but no idea what it is or what it's for apparently. Was still able to order with an ETA of 13/03/24 (whether or not it'll actually arrive by then who knows)
Good luck! 🤞
 
I know it's an exceedingly dull topic for a sports car forum, but the cargo net is bloody ace. I use my car to pop to the supermarket fairly regularly. As long as they're not overloaded, I can quite comfortably fit two full shopping bags in the net; its loose enough that it can be opened easily with one hand while you put bags in it, but taught enough to keep them upright for the drive home. Keep you lowering springs/turbos/fancy wheels/phat exhausts, this is the real stuff.
I did have one of these on order when purchasing the car but it never arrived and I told the dealer to just give up. With a number of impending road trips I am starting to think it would be helpful. Is there any chance you could post a few pics of one being used in anger, so to speak? 👍
 
I did have one of these on order when purchasing the car but it never arrived and I told the dealer to just give up. With a number of impending road trips I am starting to think it would be helpful. Is there any chance you could post a few pics of one being used in anger, so to speak? 👍
I will try to remember to take some next time I go shopping, but please forgive me if I completely forget to snap a photo with all the excitement going on.
 
Good luck everyone! If you get it sooner than a year you should be proud.
 
Last edited:
Got a reply from Toyota online regarding boot mat “Before I process your order, I just wanted to alert you to the fact that we cannot check if this part fits your vehicle or not as it is not listed under your vehicle details” 😱ETA 15/03/?
I gave instructions to proceed anyway.
 
Back
Top