GR86 UK Boot Mat

Oi, no pushing in the queue to stroke it at Japfest; unlike Holly and Phil. Best watch out that nobody has a crafty lick ๐Ÿ‘…
Thatโ€™s made me jealous. Is it less slippery than the standard floor? I carry a retracting alloy ladder and I swear it shoots around the boot with such force I expect to see it exiting out through the wing
 
Thatโ€™s made me jealous. Is it less slippery than the standard floor? I carry a retracting alloy ladder and I swear it shoots around the boot with such force I expect to see it exiting out through the wing
Yeah it is, holds things well but a ladder sounds like a challenge for anything!
 
Thatโ€™s made me jealous. Is it less slippery than the standard floor? I carry a retracting alloy ladder and I swear it shoots around the boot with such force I expect to see it exiting out through the wing
If you hit the brakes, a slightly less slippy boot mat isn't going to stop it doing damage.
 
If you hit the brakes, a slightly less slippy boot mat isn't going to stop it doing damage.
I donโ€™t like what youโ€™re saying Triggaaar seems to be that I need to drive a bit more sensibly ;). I may have once braked so hard that the ladder knocked the seats back down into the flat position. I was keeping that to myself and putting it down as a design fault. Guess I need to strap it down somehow
 
I donโ€™t like what youโ€™re saying Triggaaar seems to be that I need to drive a bit more sensibly ;). I may have once braked so hard that the ladder knocked the seats back down into the flat position. I was keeping that to myself and putting it down as a design fault. Guess I need to strap it down somehow
Have a look around for these: Stayhold Cargo & Trunk Organizer for Auto, SUV, Minivan & Boats, Super Pack, Gray https://amzn.eu/d/1IqDpWv

I have a set. One of the only reasons I haven't got hold of a decent rubber boot mat yet is because these are velcro and are designed to stick to the carpet of the boot floor. They are pretty sturdy, if you arrange them to hold your ladder firmly against the side or back of the boot it shouldn't go anywhere.
 
I donโ€™t like what youโ€™re saying Triggaaar seems to be that I need to drive a bit more sensibly ;). I may have once braked so hard that the ladder knocked the seats back down into the flat position. I was keeping that to myself and putting it down as a design fault. Guess I need to strap it down somehow
Yeah strap or wedge it I'd think. But if it only happens for a rare emergency stop, maybe it's not a big deal. But I can't see a grippy boot mat stopping it.
 
Have a look around for these: Stayhold Cargo & Trunk Organizer for Auto, SUV, Minivan & Boats, Super Pack, Gray https://amzn.eu/d/1IqDpWv

I have a set. One of the only reasons I haven't got hold of a decent rubber boot mat yet is because these are velcro and are designed to stick to the carpet of the boot floor. They are pretty sturdy, if you arrange them to hold your ladder firmly against the side or back of the boot it shouldn't go anywhere.
I bought the version with the spikes for a rubber boot mat but the mat is a little hard for the spikes to dig in..
 
Have sent an enquiry email to several retailers (and dealerships) regarding this 'unicorn' accessory. Main dealership have said that they shall be in touch. Yet to hear from the other online suppliers but, it is Christmas after all๐ŸŽ„ .
 
Well looky what Santa brought:
View attachment 23151

View attachment 23152

View attachment 23153

A big thank you to David, parts at Jemca Bracknell. In a joint effort lasting over a year, I have it. The only boot mat in the UK ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'll now embark on a UK tour to show all of my family this significant achievement ๐Ÿ˜›

Next stock is allegedly January.
Wow, that is rare indeed, nice find!

Only ever seen the one with the 86 logo.
 
ยฃ68.11 in the end. Good quality product.
Toyota Direct Parts got back to me and quoted the same price, ยฃ68:11 but are unable to order it, suggesting I try my local dealership.
So I did and Western Toyota Halbeath got back to me too - quoting a price of ยฃ85:14 ๐Ÿค” Thatโ€™s a 20% mark up; I mean wtf!?
Edit: Going outside of the Eastern/Western group to Macklins in Hamilton, I was quoted ยฃ68.11 with an ETA of 23 January. Out of principle Iโ€™ve ordered one from them and will wear a smile on the 45 mile journey out and the 45 miles back - knowing Iโ€™ve saved about 3 quid after petrol but, at least I'll have had another running-in drive!๐Ÿ˜„
 
Last edited:
Just fitted the TPE Frogum Pro-Line Boot Liner. High sides and nicely compartmentalised to stop smaller items from rolling around the boot.
Nice snug fit! ๐Ÿ˜Š

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303463530871
Just ordered one of these for myself. I currently use Stayhold boot organisers, but they attached to the boot floor carpet with velcro. I often find myself having to rearrange them, and each time I do, they pull up the carpet fibres. Eventually I'll end up with a bear boot floor, so I want to stop using them anyway. But I could do with another way of keeping shopping bags in place.
 
Just ordered one of these for myself. I currently use Stayhold boot organisers, but they attached to the boot floor carpet with velcro. I often find myself having to rearrange them, and each time I do, they pull up the carpet fibres. Eventually I'll end up with a bear boot floor, so I want to stop using them anyway. But I could do with another way of keeping shopping bags in place.
IMG_2866.webp
I am going to see how this works out. I can easily remove the centre net should I need to. The sides can hold folder shipping bags and other smaller items.
 
I am going to see how this works out. I can easily remove the centre net should I need to. The sides can hold folder shipping bags and other smaller items.
I was thinking of getting the cargo net, but I'm not sure if it's easy to get hold of...but where did you get those little nets on each side? They would actually be handy for me for the same reason, holding shopping bags and stuff.

Ideally I'd like some little nets which partition off the little section each side of the boot entrance, ideal for storing bags, ice scraper, etc.
 
Back
Top