GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

Hi. I’ve joined today so a newbie. I have a GR86 on order and keep checking MyT for the status to progress to in build. I’ve gone for manual in Magnetite Grey. I also have a GR Yaris Circuit Pack in Scarlett Flare on order but with an anticipated 2023 delivery (order placed Sept 2021). I have a private plate of GR04 CUP. Coming out of a Mk7 Golf GTI DSG. I can only afford one of the Toyotas so think it’ll have to be the GR86 for the scarcity value. First world problems! I hope they’ve got excellent air con. 🥵
Welcome and congratulations, I’ve add you to the order list at number 194 ✅👍😎 If you add a location to your profile @Adam will add you to the order map and @beorg will update the colour charts 😊

PS we now have the same number of U.K. members as pages in this thread, only 6 more to go and we have 50% of the mythological “400” 👍😉
 
Shamelessly “borrowed” from a post by someone (who will hopefully join us) on a US forum 🤣

Edit - the rightful owner has now joined us from Germany 🇩🇪 , welcome to @Shoggy 👍

7789A5C6-DA33-4E59-BB9F-6616DC49416C.webp
 
Last edited:
who will hopefully join us
The pressure was unbearable, so here I am 😊

Hello everyone! My name is Sven, I am a 40 year old German and placed an order for an electric blue GR86 with manual transmission on March 10th. So far the only official update that I received is that my order is being processed. That was about 4 weeks ago and the first estimation for the arrival at the harbour (Belgium) has become already unrealistic. It states September 29th and the car should be loaded on the ship this Saturday. Well, the reality is the production has not even started yet...

While I slowly start to go crazy, luckily the health care system has me covered:

therapist.jpg
 
The pressure was unbearable, so here I am 😊

Hello everyone! My name is Sven, I am a 40 year old German and placed an order for an electric blue GR86 with manual transmission on March 10th. So far the only official update that I received is that my order is being processed. That was about 4 weeks ago and the first estimation for the arrival at the harbour (Belgium) has become already unrealistic. It states September 29th and the car should be loaded on the ship this Saturday. Well, the reality is the production has not even started yet...

While I slowly start to go crazy, luckily the health care system has me covered:

View attachment 6315

Welcome and congratulations @Shoggy , I’ve added you to “The List” in post #1 . 👍😎🇩🇪 Many thanks for the “loan” of your post from the US forum , now you are here it’s rightfully yours , just about sums up perfectly how most folk are feeling but hopefully everyone still has their sense of humour intact , unless they decided to cancel that too 👍😂
 
Just missed a call from the Toyota Buy Online team! Though I suspect it'll just be the same updates that everyone else has had - 2023 delivery, can change the deposit up to a week before, etc. If I get any new info I'll post it on here ☺️
 


:cool:On holiday in the Algarve, strolling down the street and my mobile goes. It didn't even cross my mind that it might be Toyota UK but very happy to have finally received the call that removes any niggling doubts and that I'm actually 100% getting a car.

As expected he couldn't confirm a delivery date and just said that 2023 was most likely as I'm in the first half of the orders at 10:27. His understanding was the orders were planned to be fulfilled over 24 months from the initial UK launch which would mean in theory that it might be 2024 before some of final cars were delivered.
 
Last edited:


:cool:On holiday in the Algarve, strolling down the street and my mobile goes. It didn't even cross my mind that it might be Toyota UK but very happy to have finally received the call that removes any niggling doubts and that I'm actually 100% getting a car.

As expected he couldn't confirm a delivery date and just said that 2023 was most likely as I'm in the first half of the orders at 10:27. His understanding was the orders were planned to be fulfilled over 24 months from the initial UK launch which would mean in theory that it might be 2024 before some of final cars were delivered.

I got the call today. Same message. I’m very relaxed once I get my car at some point.
 


:cool:On holiday in the Algarve, strolling down the street and my mobile goes. It didn't even cross my mind that it might be Toyota UK but very happy to have finally received the call that removes any niggling doubts and that I'm actually 100% getting a car.

As expected he couldn't confirm a delivery date and just said that 2023 was most likely as I'm in the first half of the orders at 10:27. His understanding was the orders were planned to be fulfilled over 24 months from the initial UK launch which would mean in theory that it might be 2024 before some of final cars were delivered.

Just had my call, very friendly and knowledgeable, same info as above.
 


:cool:On holiday in the Algarve, strolling down the street and my mobile goes. It didn't even cross my mind that it might be Toyota UK but very happy to have finally received the call that removes any niggling doubts and that I'm actually 100% getting a car.

As expected he couldn't confirm a delivery date and just said that 2023 was most likely as I'm in the first half of the orders at 10:27. His understanding was the orders were planned to be fulfilled over 24 months from the initial UK launch which would mean in theory that it might be 2024 before some of final cars were delivered.

Great news!

My order was just after 11am, I suspect 2024 is when my car will arrive...
 
Just had my welcome call from Tom @ TUK. I’m a 10:38 confirmed order.

Very apologetic about delays. Said highly unlikely it’ll be this year and that 2023 most likely with the later orders heading into 2024. I was roughly halfway apparently.

Said they are trying to clear the backlog and then they are hoping to be able to allocate an expected build month (with caveat it is subject to change). When they have that sorted they’ll start updating customers. No ETA on that though.

So just a waiting game now. Don’t really expect anything else now until I see it go into a build stage next year. But pleased it’s all confirmed and finance sorted (I was a cash purchase).
 
Just had my welcome call from Tom @ TUK. I’m a 10:38 confirmed order.

Very apologetic about delays. Said highly unlikely it’ll be this year and that 2023 most likely with the later orders heading into 2024. I was roughly halfway apparently.

Said they are trying to clear the backlog and then they are hoping to be able to allocate an expected build month (with caveat it is subject to change). When they have that sorted they’ll start updating customers. No ETA on that though.

So just a waiting game now. Don’t really expect anything else now until I see it go into a build stage next year. But pleased it’s all confirmed and finance sorted (I was a cash purchase).
Good news you've had the call must give you some reassurance, unfortunately my anxiety has gone up a notch my order was confirmed at 10.28 so either they aren't ringing people in order of confirmation or they've forgotten me, hopefully it's the former 👍
 
Expecting some information later this month regarding our DEMO customer orders but delayed is all i know at present.
If I hear something official then will let you know,not just speculation and rumours which seem to be doing the rounds.
 
Very pleased for all that have had the call and thanks for the updates...Im seeing a couple of 10.38's and Im a 10.44 so the call cant (or can it!!) be far off!!
Im also a very unsociable chap that will gladly let my phone ring away if the number calling isnt one I know!! I obviously dont want to miss the call!! Can any one advise me of the number they call from please so I do answer it?!!
 
Very pleased for all that have had the call and thanks for the updates...Im seeing a couple of 10.38's and Im a 10.44 so the call cant (or can it!!) be far off!!
Im also a very unsociable chap that will gladly let my phone ring away if the number calling isnt one I know!! I obviously dont want to miss the call!! Can any one advise me of the number they call from please so I do answer it?!!
Mine was from Toyota GB head office - 01737 363633
 
10.43 order got the call today.

As far as I’m aware new information is as below:
- All cars arrived have been delayed as they cannot be registered until a release date (not recall).
- Demo cars have been delayed along with this. There will be 5 and test drives will be offered to those based on order time.
- Price won’t change but there could be an increase in road tax adjustment in June 23. Apparently this was only £30-50 for GRY.
- Not ruled out that duckbill/accessories could be dealer option. If so, these could be added to vehicle value on finance.
- If not offered, aftermarket mods will need to be approved by Toyota Finance if on PCP. Genuine parts fitted by approved Toyota auto centres could potentially be allowable but would need to speak to Toyota Finance for confirmation.
- I’m a 10.43 order and I’m about half way chronologically (so we don’t have a major spike in first 15 mins etc)
- Cars have been ordered chronologically, however, build slots take into consideration specification. So if the plant decide do a batch of a certain colour you could get one before or later than another chronological order time.
- First batch are delayed by release date. After a release date, once a car goes into build this should be delivered within 3 months.
- No fears or indication that all cars won’t be delivered before new EU rules

Hope this helps
 
Last edited:
Thanks you did seem to get some useful information, I am starting to get a little concerned that my confirmation was at 10.28 & I haven't had a call so I don't know if I've been missed out or the calls are just random?🤔
 
I think people need to ignore what time they ordered/got confirmation because its been pretty clear for a while they are not calling people by order time.

To back this up my order was made at 11:21am and they called me today...
 
Back
Top