GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

Clearest indication yet that TGB did not expect to need to forecast a demand to TJPN for the whole 400 in the first few months of launch?

Either that, or TJPN won't confirm build slots to TGB for more than eg an 8 week forecast to restrict confirmed allocation per market per month? We need to know that number!!! :ninja:
Hi Greg_gt86,

I have just noticed that, like me, you are based on The Wirral - were you one of the other two customers going through the online ordering at Johnsons Toyota Wirral (JTW) on the 20th April and, if so, will you be taking delivery of your GR86 from JTW?
 
Just seen a post on PH, 10.33am order confirmed, didn't get a call but rang them about an ID issue and was also told that likely delivery would be end of 22 early 23. Obviously still a lot of guessing going on at the mo. Don't know if he is on here or whether that info has already been imparted.
 
I was told when I got called that if I changed colour I would go to the back of the queue so decided not to, kicking myself now
 
If it's on my Toyota then you're good and shouldn't worry.
Hi not so much worried more disappointed, I'm very old school & not a fan of internet shopping whether it be food, shoes or cars! Just want to speak to someone even if they tell me I won't see the car for 12 months.
 
⚠️So I have news⚠️ I woke up to an email from Toyota confirming my order was processing and they will be in touch in due course and that my request to change colour from Electric Blue to Ignition Red had been made👍

Electric Blue was always the CEOs first choice (and still is) but I had nagging doubts over would I still love it in 10 years time 🤔 As the GR86 is a bit of a nostalgia trip for me (albeit with an automatic transmission) hopefully taking me back to the fun of my Rio Red Honda CRX I bought in 1989, the last car I could use 100% of what was on offer every time I took it out. I decided Ignition Red was a colour I’d be happy with longterm, having had several red cars before and had always been my “go to” colour choice.

A bit of work for @beorg and it should shift the numbers a bit for 6AT.

PS the photo is not my car , but exactly same colour and model 😎

Well done Andy, you've single-handedly swayed the dominance towards Ignition Red for auto cars! :ROFLMAO:

A8D9A741-38AB-4ABD-B256-5A0C8D987B24.webp
 
Hi not so much worried more disappointed, I'm very old school & not a fan of internet shopping whether it be food, shoes or cars! Just want to speak to someone even if they tell me I won't see the car for 12 months.
I agree. I think it's just good manners to talk to the customer if they still have no details one month after paying £1k...
 
I convinced myself there would be an email today giving an update, even if ‘just hold tight we are working through orders’.

So been disappointed.

Decided to send an email advising I am dissatisfied and that I would like to make a complaint over the lack of communication. They now have 8 weeks to address my complaint or I can go to the FOS.

Said they need to reassure all ORCA customers that they have a car and give a rough ETA, even if 2023.

FOS will charge them to investigate, even if they find them justified in their actions, so it is in their interest to respond to my complaint. I advised there are a large number of customers feeling the same way, but obviously not speaking for all.

They just need to give us an update and be honest 🤷‍♂️
 
I get your frustration & hope just the threat of the FOS may prompt some response, whether they will be any actual help I'm not sure I have had dealings with them in the past & they were about as much use as a chocolate teapot, but hopefully maybe the threat will work.
I'm just going to keep waiting and see what happens if I eventually get a car great if I don't well never mind I'll maybe buy something else, sort of past caring and given up stressing about it, as my better half reminded me it's only car & I have to agree she is right!
 
I get your frustration & hope just the threat of the FOS may prompt some response, whether they will be any actual help I'm not sure I have had dealings with them in the past & they were about as much use as a chocolate teapot, but hopefully maybe the threat will work.
I'm just going to keep waiting and see what happens if I eventually get a car great if I don't well never mind I'll maybe buy something else, sort of past caring and given up stressing about it, as my better half reminded me it's only car & I have to agree she is right!
If anything I just want them to appreciate the frustration we are feeling. I hope the threat of a complaint just makes them realise we would like some news, even if not what we want to hear, so we feel like we are being updated.

No interest in causing trouble for them. Just trying to get their attention that we are customers and deserve to be treating like one.

I work in a highly regulated industry and we have to be so transparent with our customers. Maybe I am just expecting too much.
 
I convinced myself there would be an email today giving an update, even if ‘just hold tight we are working through orders’.

So been disappointed.

Decided to send an email advising I am dissatisfied and that I would like to make a complaint over the lack of communication. They now have 8 weeks to address my complaint or I can go to the FOS.

Said they need to reassure all ORCA customers that they have a car and give a rough ETA, even if 2023.

FOS will charge them to investigate, even if they find them justified in their actions, so it is in their interest to respond to my complaint. I advised there are a large number of customers feeling the same way, but obviously not speaking for all.

They just need to give us an update and be honest 🤷‍♂️
Keep us updated! I wholeheartedly agree with your comments - I'm so upset that I know as much now about my order as I did 2 minutes after paying £1k and receiving the order confirmation.

I'd be interested to see if you get a response, I emailed on 6th May and haven't heard a thing 😂🤷🏻‍♀️
 
Hi Greg_gt86,

I have just noticed that, like me, you are based on The Wirral - were you one of the other two customers going through the online ordering at Johnsons Toyota Wirral (JTW) on the 20th April and, if so, will you be taking delivery of your GR86 from JTW?
Great to hear of another future owner in the Wirral 👍

I went to see them the week before and they suggested it but I had to be at work. Gutted I didn't take them up on the offer as being in the dealer and listening to others might have helped - rather than going for finance I’d have probably chosen cash purchase and got my email much earlier than I did (11:22 😳). Ah well.

I chose RRG Macc for my pick-up, I get my GT86 serviced there and Richard has always looked after it well.
 
Morning folks after a night of laughing my head off at Al Murray’s Gig for Victory show in Scunny , there have been no new members overnight to add to “The List”


425FB435-5B81-41B4-87E0-5F5C6D6A68BE.jpeg



I decided to delete the colour choice poll (which was never accurate) and @beorg has 100% accurate information on colours and is doing a great job👍

I‘ve added a new poll to show the ETA of your car as an when you get to know what it is. When you get your ETA please vote 👍
 
Ordered one of the first cars in our dealership, bred premium 6mt.
First told june/july, now q1 next year.
 
Ordered one of the first cars in our dealership, bred premium 6mt.
First told june/july, now q1 next year.
Welcome to the forum.

How were you informed of the delivery dates and what was the time of your order?
 
Back
Top