GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

I just called Toyota on the pretence of updating something on my file (adding my private reg) and also mentioning that two cars show in my Toyota. Call was answered straight away and very helpful guy on the phone.

I starting the call with ‘I have a GR86 on order but not chasing for an update just want to update some things’. He was able to look up my ORCA and confirmed a couple of bits for me but said that the private reg and finance would be sorted when I get my call.

Then said “yeah we can take care of all that when you get your call, so within next 6 weeks”.
 
I just called Toyota on the pretence of updating something on my file (adding my private reg) and also mentioning that two cars show in my Toyota. Call was answered straight away and very helpful guy on the phone.

I starting the call with ‘I have a GR86 on order but not chasing for an update just want to update some things’. He was able to look up my ORCA and confirmed a couple of bits for me but said that the private reg and finance would be sorted when I get my call.

Then said “yeah we can take care of all that when you get your call, so within next 6 weeks”.
So potentially up to 10 weeks between you placing a £1000 deposit and a call in which you may (or may not) get a vague idea of when you'll get a car. It's pretty shocking really, it does make you wonder what's going on, expecially when some people are saying that their car's have been made and have "left the factory".
 
Last edited:
I received an e-mail on Friday asking me to log into My Toyota and add my driving license, as apparently there was a problem with it previously. There doesn't seem to be any way of doing this, so I rang them this morning. Got speaking to Tom and he said as my order was 'processing' he'd go through the introduction (can't remember exactly what he called it). Verified what I'd ordered then a few statements relating to the finance details and then a bit of a questionnaire about why I chose the GR. Really pleasant chat. He couldn't give me at ETA, but did say it *might* be 2023 . . .

(He sent me an e-mail later so I could send a scan of my license)
 
If that "6 weeks" applies to all orders are they trying to get through the list by the end of June and when the 4.9% finance offer ends?:unsure: (at least that's when I think the offer ends)
 
If that "6 weeks" applies to all orders are they trying to get through the list by the end of June and when the 4.9% finance offer ends?:unsure: (at least that's when I think the offer ends)
Should hopefully have an answer regarding finance offer by the end of this week, I have someone on the help desk 'looking into it' for me.
 
If that "6 weeks" applies to all orders are they trying to get through the list by the end of June and when the 4.9% finance offer ends?:unsure: (at least that's when I think the offer ends)
Hadn't even thought about the finance offer and whether it would change 🙄 could make a big difference to the monthly costs if they don't honour the deal.
 
I just called Toyota on the pretence of updating something on my file (adding my private reg) and also mentioning that two cars show in my Toyota. Call was answered straight away and very helpful guy on the phone.

I starting the call with ‘I have a GR86 on order but not chasing for an update just want to update some things’. He was able to look up my ORCA and confirmed a couple of bits for me but said that the private reg and finance would be sorted when I get my call.

Then said “yeah we can take care of all that when you get your call, so within next 6 weeks”.
But if they think it'll be 6 weeks, WHY aren't they informing all customers of that?! My Toyota account has been saying 'the Toyota team will contact you soon' since I uploaded my licence the day of ordering 😂
 
I received an e-mail on Friday asking me to log into My Toyota and add my driving license, as apparently there was a problem with it previously. There doesn't seem to be any way of doing this, so I rang them this morning. Got speaking to Tom and he said as my order was 'processing' he'd go through the introduction (can't remember exactly what he called it). Verified what I'd ordered then a few statements relating to the finance details and then a bit of a questionnaire about why I chose the GR. Really pleasant chat. He couldn't give me at ETA, but did say it *might* be 2023 . . .

(He sent me an e-mail later so I could send a scan of my license)
So that’s how you get the phone call phone them about any thing and while your on the phone I’ll sort you out 😂
 
IMG_1278.webp

I wonder if I can build it quicker than Toyota can pick up a phone, reply to a mail...let alone compose a mail, let alone build one :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
I got an app update today to say my car was built and left the factory.
Amazingly a couple hours later Toyota phoned me to tell me my car was on the ship now :)

I can see an updated arrival of 06/07 when I check, but she said it’s likely going to be end of July time it goes to the Dock and then Derby before going to be local dealer.
 
I got an app update today to say my car was built and left the factory.
Amazingly a couple hours later Toyota phoned me to tell me my car was on the ship now :)

I can see an updated arrival of 06/07 when I check, but she said it’s likely going to be end of July time it goes to the Dock and then Derby before going to be local dealer.
Is this the first update you've had?
 
Oooh I’m very tempted by this.
Quick question though… does it come in red or does it need to be painted? If it needs painting, I can try to get a colour match for Sapphire Blue.
It does need painting.....Its white but (same as real ordered car) but looking around UK model sites I know I can get K1X which is the pearlescent paint code for white, so potentially sapphire blue is available to....Nice Soul Red ND...Yours?
 
32 people have posted their delivery dates in the order thread: https://www.gr-zoo.com/threads/gr86-build-progress-delivery-tracking-thread.1196/
If that's the case that's approximately 18% of us on the forum, so if you apply that to the "400" orders that works out at 72 calls in 17 days hardly a lot of calls certainly doesn't look like the online team are as overworked as they would have us believe. As I have already said I think they are only calling the lucky ones who are getting a car in the first batch.
 
It does need painting.....Its white but (same as real ordered car) but looking around UK model sites I know I can get K1X which is the pearlescent paint code for white, so potentially sapphire blue is available to....Nice Soul Red ND...Yours?
That’s good to hear, I might get one ordered and find some paint so I can match my ordered car.

Yeah, the ND is mine although it will most likely go when the 86 arrives.
 
Back
Top