GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

Well spotted @DpM , that photo will come in useful, pity Toyota didn’t share those colour swatches before the on sale date 🤔
 
Whilst we are all waiting for something to happen , @Adam has updated the maps but is missing a LOT of info on which part of the country folk are based. Not looking for your postcode and house number , or What Three Words location but a general idea of where folk are based , any help much appreciated 👍😎


 
Oh wow that Sapphire Blue looks really dark. Did you manage to get any other angles?
Definitely happy with my choice, no wonder other people were calling it 'Doom Blue'
I didn’t, sorry was late for a meeting as I was working from the dealership till I left.

The Sapphire blue looked really nice in person, nice metallic flecks in it.
Would have been my second choice of colour.
 
I didn’t, sorry was late for a meeting as I was working from the dealership till I left.

The Sapphire blue looked really nice in person, nice metallic flecks in it.
Would have been my second choice of colour.
From the first few pics I saw of it I thought there was more purple in it like a midnight blue. Would of gone for that over the Magnatite Grey I went with but still happy with my choice!
 
From the first few pics I saw of it I thought there was more purple in it like a midnight blue. Would of gone for that over the Magnatite Grey I went with but still happy with my choice!
All the colours are nice, there are no bad ones. My current 86 is pavement grey, so similar to the Magnatite grey and I love it.
 
Whilst we are all waiting for something to happen , @Adam has updated the maps but is missing a LOT of info on which part of the country folk are based. Not looking for your postcode and house number , or What Three Words location but a general idea of where folk are based , any help much appreciated 👍😎


Just updated my location.
 
Anyone who did PCP at time of order is most likely much further down the list. Took me at least 20 mins to get through it all, so unless this was changed after or you were one of the early orders that slipped through, most of the later cars will be finance. If it was 0% I would be worried but at 4.9%, I’m not so much. If the honoured the Yaris 0% they’ll honour the 4.9%
I did the PCP application at the time and had a confirmed order at 10.08, but had absolutely everything ready in advance thanks to all the tips on here.

In hindsight I should have gone for cash and changed to PCP later, then I could have got a delivery date in June, perhaps.

In double hindsight (is that a thing?) I should have ordered with the 'rogues' the weekend before, but I trusted the order I'd placed with my dealer before Toyota UK moved the goal posts.

Every day feels a bit like Christmas eve, but without knowing when Christmas will actually come. The 'My T' app is certainly getting checked far too often!
 
Yeah, it's not that I'm unhappy with it being solid. I wanted that colour, so I would have ordered it regardless of it being solid, metallic or pearl. If they wanted to charge extra because they knew it would be popular, fine, - but to charge extra on the basis of it being something is not is taking the piss a bit.

Not going to let it jeopardise my order, but I think I might raise it on delivery.


Perhaps. Although I guess we'll have to find out how it was marketed in the US. It was called "neptune blue" over there I believe, but I don't know if was sold as pearlescent.

EDIT: Sorry @AndyRC , missed your post about the other thread before I replied. Feel free to move the post if necessary, I'll shut up now.
Happy to move the discussion over there , we need something new to keep us occupied 👍😉
 
Went to my nominated dealer today, said he can see the car on the system but no ETA 10.18 order confirmation, I see someone else had 10.18 and they have a ETA of September 🤔
 
At least we know something is happening somewhere..... It just seems to have gone so quiet, they don't seem to be calling anyone anymore.....
No phone call, just a ping on my phone totally out of the blue, and My T has updated 👍😎
 
Spotted this in the showroom.View attachment 4448
Oooh silver looks lovely against them! I’ve ordered Sapphire and looking at American/Japanese ones. I still think I’ve made the right decision.
I’m hoping that Electric Blue is a little like Nitrous Blue on the Focus RS where the flake in it is very visible up close because from afar, it does look pretty flat (to me).
 
So it's not that far off half of the 400 people ordering now registered on this forum?

That has to be some kind of (prospective) owner / forum member ratio record!

I suppose it's helped by the GR86 being a niche/enthusiast product but still very impressive!
 
Back
Top