James-UK
Totally Hooked
Also, I think I'm most surprised that Toyota's website didn't crash... Got my order in at 10:07...
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Without doubt - this is the premier UK GR Owners Club Forum now!!! Would happily pay a sub to keep it going!Good to see this unplanned forum is helping people.
Thanks for the free stress test - approx 180 online was the maximum and no problems with the forum.![]()
I got this as well, even after confirming it wasn't fraud with my bank it still wouldn't accept payment. Toyota helpline recommended using Edge instead of Firefox.My credit card blocked the reservation fee as it thought it was dodgy so I'm sitting waiting 10 minutes to payhope it doesn't time out!
Sorted. There was a slider bar and it defaults to the finance option (no surprise I guess) putting it to cash solved it.I managed to put mine through as cash - can you try uploading a screenshot of your page and we can try help?
Absolutely. I had the confirmation email for my order at 10.04. At 10.09, I received an email update from Toyota, "Hey, the GR86 is finally here!!!"One thing is obvious: "Sign up for more" button is completely useless! It was useless for Yaris GR and now same for GR86 too.
Got the same email, white / manual for reference.August as an estimate for mine now. Just got another email. If it’s August I would like to hold off registering till September. Would they be able to do that?
Morning all. New member here, just checking in.
I was one of the people who, like a mug, went to a dealer and spent two hours with them, came away with a receipt for the £1000 deposit I'd left and an order form, and assumed that meant I'd ordered a car. What an idiot!
Heard about this debacle via this thread, contacted my dealer over the weekend, to find out that Toyota UK had seemingly pulled the rug from under their feet by allowing them to take orders/deposits, then decreed only last Thursday that all orders were to be online only, without clarifying what would happen for customers like myself who had thought they'd already got their order in.
Never mind. I'm getting the deposit back, and despite fearing a website meltdown this morning and not being able to order in time, I've just done it and had my confirmation come through - manual in electric blue, hopefully arriving from July sometime.
Was pleasantly surprised that the website didn't fall over, in fact, it was very smooth. I did have a bit of a panic when entering my postcode and the address form didn't load for a couple of minutes....luckily a refresh sorted it.
Absolutely. I had the confirmation email for my order at 10.04. At 10.09, I received an email update from Toyota, "Hey, the GR86 is finally here!!!"
Yes. I already know ¬_¬
Good news thankyou for relaying the info!For those who are worried that they missed putting in their part ex when ordering, I called up Toyota GB, it is not an issue, they can ammend can add the part ex or ammend how you finance your car when they give you a welcome call which will happen in the coming days.