GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

My credit card blocked the reservation fee as it thought it was dodgy so I'm sitting waiting 10 minutes to pay 😩 hope it doesn't time out!
 
Good to see this unplanned forum is helping people. :)

Thanks for the free stress test - approx 180 online was the maximum and no problems with the forum. 🙏
 
Order in, silver manual - but does that mean I’ll actually get one?!

Presumably they’d still take orders tho’ even if they’ve sold out? (to cover people that drop out, and to build a waiting list for the next batch)
 
Good to see this unplanned forum is helping people. :)

Thanks for the free stress test - approx 180 online was the maximum and no problems with the forum. 🙏
Without doubt - this is the premier UK GR Owners Club Forum now!!! Would happily pay a sub to keep it going! (y)
 
Lurker for the last week but just a thanks to all for all the information throughout. Successfully ordered a manual in Sapphire Blue :)

Without this forum I'd still be refreshing the 'New cars' page this morning or worse just waiting for a call from my dealer!!
 
Some last minute stress as my bank app decided it didn't want to open several times to approve the payment but I got there in the end! Electric blue manual. I hope everyone got what they wanted!
 
My credit card blocked the reservation fee as it thought it was dodgy so I'm sitting waiting 10 minutes to pay 😩 hope it doesn't time out!
I got this as well, even after confirming it wasn't fraud with my bank it still wouldn't accept payment. Toyota helpline recommended using Edge instead of Firefox.
It eventually went through on Edge, but on the finance part, wouldn't give me a trade in price on my existing car. Ordered as cash anyways to get the order in.
 
I managed to put mine through as cash - can you try uploading a screenshot of your page and we can try help?
Sorted. There was a slider bar and it defaults to the finance option (no surprise I guess) putting it to cash solved it.
 
Morning all. New member here, just checking in.
I was one of the people who, like a mug, went to a dealer and spent two hours with them, came away with a receipt for the £1000 deposit I'd left and an order form, and assumed that meant I'd ordered a car. What an idiot!

Heard about this debacle via this thread, contacted my dealer over the weekend, to find out that Toyota UK had seemingly pulled the rug from under their feet by allowing them to take orders/deposits, then decreed only last Thursday that all orders were to be online only, without clarifying what would happen for customers like myself who had thought they'd already got their order in.

Never mind. I'm getting the deposit back, and despite fearing a website meltdown this morning and not being able to order in time, I've just done it and had my confirmation come through - manual in electric blue, hopefully arriving from July sometime.

Was pleasantly surprised that the website didn't fall over, in fact, it was very smooth. I did have a bit of a panic when entering my postcode and the address form didn't load for a couple of minutes....luckily a refresh sorted it.
One thing is obvious: "Sign up for more" button is completely useless! It was useless for Yaris GR and now same for GR86 too.
Absolutely. I had the confirmation email for my order at 10.04. At 10.09, I received an email update from Toyota, "Hey, the GR86 is finally here!!!"

Yes. I already know ¬_¬
 
August as an estimate for mine now. Just got another email. If it’s August I would like to hold off registering till September. Would they be able to do that?
Got the same email, white / manual for reference.

Doubt it'll be an issue to hold it for a bit.
 
Morning all. New member here, just checking in.
I was one of the people who, like a mug, went to a dealer and spent two hours with them, came away with a receipt for the £1000 deposit I'd left and an order form, and assumed that meant I'd ordered a car. What an idiot!

Heard about this debacle via this thread, contacted my dealer over the weekend, to find out that Toyota UK had seemingly pulled the rug from under their feet by allowing them to take orders/deposits, then decreed only last Thursday that all orders were to be online only, without clarifying what would happen for customers like myself who had thought they'd already got their order in.

Never mind. I'm getting the deposit back, and despite fearing a website meltdown this morning and not being able to order in time, I've just done it and had my confirmation come through - manual in electric blue, hopefully arriving from July sometime.

Was pleasantly surprised that the website didn't fall over, in fact, it was very smooth. I did have a bit of a panic when entering my postcode and the address form didn't load for a couple of minutes....luckily a refresh sorted it.

Absolutely. I had the confirmation email for my order at 10.04. At 10.09, I received an email update from Toyota, "Hey, the GR86 is finally here!!!"

Yes. I already know ¬_¬
giphy_s.webp
 
For those who are worried that they missed putting in their part ex when ordering, I called up Toyota GB, it is not an issue, they can ammend can add the part ex or ammend how you finance your car when they give you a welcome call which will happen in the coming days.
 
For those who are worried that they missed putting in their part ex when ordering, I called up Toyota GB, it is not an issue, they can ammend can add the part ex or ammend how you finance your car when they give you a welcome call which will happen in the coming days.
Good news thankyou for relaying the info!
 
Been lurking here for a few weeks so thanks for the endless updates.

Got my order in for a red manual - whole process was very smooth and comparable to the Tesla experience we had for my wife’s car.

Excited for the car now - just need to cancel my Lotus Emira order and get the deposit back - if you thought Toyota were bad - Lotus happily takes £5k off people and give zero updates over a period of more than a year on when a car might be available!

Now to order a ducktail….
 
Back
Top