GR86 GR86 - The “I’m thinking of cancelling / did cancel my order” thread

beorg

Zookeeper
Staff member
Apr 12, 2022
Essex
Worst case scenario you can probably trade it in at the dealer for what you paid for it, but chances are you'll make at least a few k's out of it! Make sure to update us with what you shifted it for so we get a general idea of the market value.

Reactions: LU71KEE

Al4n

Totally Hooked
Apr 17, 2022
Dartford Kent
This is for sale near me. Not far off the price of the GR86 and it’s 2 years old.

I would be asking at least £5k over list, see what happens. Can always reduce it if no interest, although I am sure there will be.

Salko_GR

Obsessed member
Apr 25, 2022
This is for sale near me. Not far off the price of the GR86 and it’s 2 years old.

I would be asking at least £5k over list, see what happens. Can always reduce it if no interest, although I am sure there will be.

Described with turbo and extra 50 hp 🧐

Bathroom_Security

Obsessed member
Apr 20, 2022
Surrey
Can always lease if you're desperate. Wonder how many leasing.com got hold of.

Lease figures are absolutely atrocious. £24k for 4 years of motoring

Attachments

Screenshot_20221124_180534_Chrome.jpg

byebyeMX5

Totally Hooked
May 10, 2022
Saffron Walden
Having previously reviewed US second hand prices where there is more available stock and up to 10k premium on RRP for a second hand car with miles I would personally (Im a year out from getting mine!!) advertise it for 40k on PH, Autotrader etc and see what comes back on that number with the advert saying we can do a bank transfer and sign over log book drinking the collection dealers coffee!! Would only work I guess for a cash buyer both ways.

Chris Mc

Totally Hooked
Jul 27, 2022
Having previously reviewed US second hand prices where there is more available stock and up to 10k premium on RRP for a second hand car with miles I would personally (Im a year out from getting mine!!) advertise it for 40k on PH, Autotrader etc and see what comes back on that number with the advert saying we can do a bank transfer and sign over log book drinking the collection dealers coffee!! Would only work I guess for a cash buyer both ways.
There’s buckets of near new GRY’s track pack £38-£40k, so some are still trying for a £4k-£6k premium.

Seano1878

Totally Hooked
Apr 13, 2022
Manchester
Leasing companies no doubt bought a few knowing they could charge a fortune and then when they come back charge a fortune second hand. It’s a win win for them.

BOOSTFAN

Obsessed member
Apr 28, 2022
Leeds
I have a funny feeling there are more than the 430 odd cars Toyota said were available. Lots of Demo cars, available with Leasing companies etc.
When I went onto the Website the other day its still there to spec & order!!

Reactions: sim61

sim61

Totally Hooked
May 12, 2022
Surrey
I have a funny feeling there are more than the 430 odd cars Toyota said were available. Lots of Demo cars, available with Leasing companies etc.
When I went onto the Website the other day its still there to spec & order!!
Yeah, I had come to the same conclusion. 500 maybe?

Jaytango

Nov 3, 2022
Toyota showroom's up and down the land hastily PDI'ing GR86's ready to start taking orders on the UK's next allocation.

Anyone wanting a GR86 won't be paying over the odds for one, and certainly not until production ends in 2024.

People looking to sell may get 32-33k at a push, if someone really wants one right now, dealers certainly won't be paying more than RRP.

SmokingPancakes

Obsessed member
Feb 25, 2022
Warwickshire
Toyota showroom's up and down the land hastily PDI'ing GR86's ready to start taking orders on the UK's next allocation.

Anyone wanting a GR86 won't be paying over the odds for one, and certainly not until production ends in 2024.

People looking to sell may get 32-33k at a push, if someone really wants one right now, dealers certainly won't be paying more than RRP.
There are no more allocations coming to the UK, the 400 or so cars were allocated all the way up till 2024.