Just a quick question for anyone part-exchanging their current car: have you had a valuation from TGB's Buy Online Team and, if so, how does the amount offered compare with, say, WeBuyAnyCar's figure?
After having to replace the windscreen a month ago - hit by a rock the size of a tennis ball on the motorway, ending a decade without a single issue - I wanted rid of my p/x before incurring any more unforeseen costs.
I had an appraisal for my p/x at my local dealership - took lots of pictures, went through the service book, etc. - and received a valuation that would stand for four weeks.
WBAC offered a few hundred more; Cazoo a bit more again.
In the end - on a dark and wintery evening a couple of weeks ago - I sold the car to WBAC. I booked an appointment, turned up on time and the poor chap (freezing in an unheated PortaKabin in a car park, wondering why he left West Africa for this nonsense) took nearly two hours to complete the sale, as the tablet computer would not save the videos of engine and exhaust required by their purchasing app. Top bloke, though.
After the £75 administrative fee and £30 immediate payment fee, I received...
*drum roll*
£1.02 more than Toyota offered!
Admittedly nothing on the scale of
@GR86 's recent
lottery win, but it should buy enough petrol to get to the petrol station to buy more petrol.
While I'm sure it's possible to get more elsewhere, I am instinctively distrustful of a stranger turning up and carting away my asset on the back of a flat-bed. It was nice to leave the car behind, knowing that everything was done and dusted and the money was already in my account.