GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

They can just straight swap me a Supra if they like for that money!
 
The only thing that is, is outrageous.

I imagine the branch manager might be getting a word from Toyota GB. Given the situation of not being able to supply demand, the order backlog and the waiting list, that is a terrible decision and bad press for them. That is also a demonstrator surely?
 
I was told mine was due for delivery this week last Wednesday, I then paid and signed paperwork online. Then emailed Friday to ask for a delivery date to be told its now with logistics and they cannot advise. Dealer says its not on the delivery schedule for this week or next. :(
100% same as me, told itโ€™d be there this week so I could collect it on or around 1st Dec. Paid then nothing and dealer says itโ€™s not showing as coming to them for another 10 Daysโ€ฆโ€ฆ still Iโ€™m racking up miles in the loan CHR, itโ€™s got 5.5k on it now (300 when delivered) and as Iโ€™ve time off and planned a road trip in my gr86 next week then itโ€™s going to have another 700-1000 on it. Absolutely shambles really.
 
There is another one up but at a resonable price:

1669912115403.webp

According to my dealer the demo cars are not allowed to be released without Toyota GB's permission, they are both definitely supposed to be demos.
 
Electric blue was very tempting but ordered a red manual, Iโ€™m Coventry or as Toyota call it in the app Rugby.

I will also confess I told the dealer to just screw the number plate on, and the only special coating itโ€™s going to be getting will be made of brake dust, salt and dirty water :giggle:
Greetings - same dealer as me! Welcome.

Quite similar car prep instructions too!
 
That'll get snapped up (y)
There is another one up but at a resonable price:

View attachment 10365
According to my dealer the demo cars are not allowed to be released without Toyota GB's permission, they are both definitely supposed to be demos.
Did you spot the notice on the page that it's a preorder available 31.03.2023 (so perhaps they know they can start to sell the demos after 1st April next year).
 
The only thing that is, is outrageous.

I imagine the branch manager might be getting a word from Toyota GB. Given the situation of not being able to supply demand, the order backlog and the waiting list, that is a terrible decision and bad press for them. That is also a demonstrator surely?
It is their demo car, when I was in JRT I asked when their demo would go on sale and was told โ€œnot for quite a whileโ€ ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ I recall that Audi wouldnโ€™t let dealers sell demo cars until they were 6 months old and had at least 1000 miles on them. ๐Ÿค”
 
Thatโ€™s Honda Civic Type R money ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Got a call from Honda yesterday, 'only' ยฃ47k for the Type R.

What it is is more than another flat 4 sports car, the 718 Cayman S!

If they cant sell till Apr, the there will be enough flippers asking a lot less than that by then I'd think?
 
Here I am sat at my desk and I hear my email ping. The notification pops up, its' from [email protected]!
I've never clicked on anything so fast, expecting to see a much anticipated order update.....

1669912876895.webp


Do Toyota know how to troll us, or what?
"Yeah, let's wait until we know half of them are sitting waiting for updates then send out a load of marketing guff"

:/
 
Oh. And I just logged on to my account on Toyota, and the tracking status has reverted to "In Transit - Portbury".

I do hope that's a mistake.
 
I've just spoken to Listers about the white one it isn't actually for sale, it's their demo and has only been listed for stock tracking which is why its on for a stupid price. I suspect thats the same with the black one.

Edit: Although that doesn't explain why its also listed on ebay ๐Ÿค”
 
Last edited:

Is this a typo or a wild punt on pricing - but from an official dealer
Good spot @MAMRacer ๐Ÿ‘


Congratulations to LISTERS LINCOLN , you made the GR86 Timeline ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Also being nominated for BEST VALUE FOR MONEY 2022 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
 
Back
Top