GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

EU gets it.
You can configure it e.g. in Germany.
UK does not get it.

No offense, but please don't spread missinformation.

Picture from German configurator:
View attachment 9114
I was just going by some very old posts I remember reading that no one could order the ducktail in Europe, that has changed since then in some markets, thanks for correcting.
What I was trying to say (UK) is the premium does not come with the ducktail like the US market, its not a configurator option but yes its being sourced via dealers which is great, just wondered if there was a known reason the 'UK' doesnt get the ducktail as standard on its market? Maybe just a cost thing like the 6 rather than 8 speaker set up (hoping not more misinformation ;-) )
 
i'm hoping mine is on the Mourning Courier too
Me too! The dock report says it will unload tonight, I think it might be waiting for high tide to be able to get in, with 10m max draft. Looks quite shallow on Google Maps, and there's a lock to get into the dock so probably a height difference.

Nice view on vesselfinder.com, I watched the Svitzer tugs pushing the Blanco Ace into its berth this morning in almost real time.

Shipping nerd ๐Ÿค“

dock.webp


royal_dock.webp
 
@PaulT do you happen to have a paid account that lets you find the vessel that set sail this week (Monday or Tuesday)?
I'm afraid I do not. What you could do is check the incoming boats manifest, https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements, and look for ones coming from Livorno or Sagunto in about a month's time.

If you google <ship name> shipping location, that will give you the vessel finder page. I guess you need to try and find the ones coming from Nagoya.
 
I'm afraid I do not. What you could do is check the incoming boats manifest, https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements, and look for ones coming from Livorno or Sagunto in about a month's time.

If you google <ship name> shipping location, that will give you the vessel finder page. I guess you need to try and find the ones coming from Nagoya.
Looks like Lavender Ace is the best bet but the origin port isn't Nagoya. Arrival time and current position seem to be about right though.
 
Looks like Lavender Ace is the best bet but the origin port isn't Nagoya. Arrival time and current position seem to be about right though.
I would say Lavender Ace too, by process of elimination, the timing is right & other ships have had Singapore as 1st port of call before heading to Portbury
 
That can't be the right ship since it has not been in Nagoya. Its historical data also shows that it usually does not operate in the European area. The Grand Pearl seems to be a better bet. It has been in Nagoya for three days and departed there on 24th. Right now it is heading towards Livorno. Its historical data also shows that it has been at all the well known European ports before.
 
Last edited:
Itโ€™s a good shout but itโ€™s not listed on the Bristol port site like Lavender Ace is. Itโ€™ll be one of the 2 but Iโ€™m inclined to believe itโ€™s more likely Grand Pearl and the port website is inaccurate or itโ€™s going to an alternative UK port.
 
Itโ€™s a good shout but itโ€™s not listed on the Bristol port site like Lavender Ace is. Itโ€™ll be one of the 2 but Iโ€™m inclined to believe itโ€™s more likely Grand Pearl and the port website is inaccurate or itโ€™s going to an alternative UK port.
It not being listed going into Portbury is the reason I chose Lavender Ace as I looked at the vehicle carrier arrivals for Portbury
 
Guildford Inchcape not getting a demo apparently I thought they were a GR center

Is Hull toyota getting one?

Be useful to know who has them as I reckon Toyota will be utterly useless at communicating with us

Genuinely don't think I'll manage to get a test drive
 
Guildford Inchcape not getting a demo apparently I thought they were a GR center

Is Hull toyota getting one?

Be useful to know who has them as I reckon Toyota will be utterly useless at communicating with us

Genuinely don't think I'll manage to get a test drive
AFAIK there will be 5 demonstrator cars managed/allocated by TUK which will be move around the country to dealerships where a confirmed order is to be collected from. The Online Team will contact customers and invite them to have a test drive at a centre convenient for them.

Originally all GR centres ( not sure on the actual number 35/40 in U.K.) were going to be allocated a demo car. When the allocation โ€sold in 90 minutesโ€œ , never forget that folks , TUK decided to allocate the majority of cars destined for dealerships to online customers instead and retain 5 cars as โ€œtouring demonstratorsโ€œ. Thatโ€™s as I understand it from conversations with the Online sales team. Last ETA I had for demo cars being available was โ€œHopefully Decemberโ€

Last time I had a discussion with JRT in Hull about the GR86 they were unaware that they wouldnโ€™t be getting a demo car which had been on their system for a while. As other folk have said the dealers appear to be getting the same level of communication from TUK as we are , so shout out to them for treating everyone the same way ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Hope this helps. If anyone has a different version they have had from the Online Team please share.
 
That colour looks great in the pics.
Wonder if the demonstrator cars will eventually get sold as well.
Would be nice if TUK (Hope you are watching) at least offered the press & demo cars to people who are on โ€œThe Waiting Listโ€ , whilst not a new car at least would give 10/12 people the opportunity to say Yes or No to a car ๐Ÿค”
 
Back
Top