GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

Not sure how I feel about the spoiler, seems a little USDM if you know what I mean. Even the Japanese cars don't have then fitted stock do they?

Damm, did I make a mistake getting silver? I like the red but majority got one in red

Screenshot_20221027-081135_YouTube.webp


FFFD783F-5E24-4EC3-8516-BA1639F975AB.webp


Screenshot_20221027-082129_YouTube.webp
 
Initially I thought the extra spoiler was necessary but the more I see of the standard look the more I appreciate it. The added benefit is that if you park frontwards any car thieves will think "oh, an old Vauxhall Insignia, that's not worth pinching".
 
Can't deal with this.
Not sure how I feel about the spoiler, seems a little USDM if you know what I mean. Even the Japanese cars don't have then fitted stock do they?

Damm, did I make a mistake getting silver? I like the red but majority got one in red
Na the silver looks lovely, sometimes I think should I have gone for silver over red. The car wears both very well.
 
Initially I thought the extra spoiler was necessary but the more I see of the standard look the more I appreciate it. The added benefit is that if you park frontwards any car thieves will think "oh, an old Vauxhall Insignia, that's not worth pinching".

My sensible head wonders what the rear view mirror view will be like with / without the duckbill.
Might be quite restricted?
 
Not sure how I feel about the spoiler, seems a little USDM if you know what I mean. Even the Japanese cars don't have then fitted stock do they?

Damm, did I make a mistake getting silver? I like the red but majority got one in red
I changed to silver from black. Felt like silver shows the lines better and can’t cope with trying to keep another black car clean!

Can’t wait to see a silver one in the flesh, the only thing I may consider is changing wheel colour more in line with the BRZ
 
Has anyone any idea why EU doesnt get the duckbill spoiler? I guessed like @Dal3D says, maybe its a visibility thing that the EU rejected?
ps @Bathroom_Security silver looks so nice, I've watched a few youtube videos and very happy I made the call on silver. All colours look pretty good to be fair, I'd love some more colour options like the GRY Solar Flare red I think would look amazing. I wanted the dark blue but its got a bit too much purple in it for me.
 
I changed to silver from black. Felt like silver shows the lines better and can’t cope with trying to keep another black car clean!

Can’t wait to see a silver one in the flesh, the only thing I may consider is changing wheel colour more in line with the BRZ
100% want to change the wheel colour, I think a standard silver might not work with the silver body (though for decades that was normal!) but I like the smoked BRZ colour, maybe even a little lighter, I just really hate black wheels.
 
Has anyone any idea why EU doesnt get the duckbill spoiler? I guessed like @Dal3D says, maybe its a visibility thing that the EU rejected?
ps @Bathroom_Security silver looks so nice, I've watched a few youtube videos and very happy I made the call on silver. All colours look pretty good to be fair, I'd love some more colour options like the GRY Solar Flare red I think would look amazing. I wanted the dark blue but its got a bit too much purple in it for me.
EU gets it.
You can configure it e.g. in Germany.
UK does not get it.

No offense, but please don't spread missinformation.

Picture from German configurator:
1666858960521.webp
 
Is hellblau a new colour?? Doesnt look like sapphire
No, its the smurf blue, that got removed.
But they did not remove the add on parts, only the color itself ;)

You can also add up to 6 spoilers and bumpers to your configuration.

I reported that (to Toyota) in march :D
 
UK does not get it.
Although it doesn't appear on a UK configurator, UK dealers are selling the spoiler and quoting for fitting it before delivery. So it is available to the UK market. I think a few people here have already purchased them.
 
Anyway...yesterday marked the day when I should only have 3 weeks until I get my car, going on the only "official" date I've received.
It now seems pretty certain that it's not going to happen (going by what other's have heard). So instead, who wants to take a bet that I'll get to that date without hearing anything at all tot he contrary and be left in limbo? :p
 
Back
Top