GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

My car’s date was always showing as 05/12/2022 (before it was hidden in the backend) so mine might be one of the ones that ends up being kind of on time at this rate.

Sorry mate, the internal Toyota system has an issue and started displaying dates backwards.

Yours is coming the same weekend as mine, on 22 February, 2150.
 
Last edited:
Had a lovely call from a member of the buy online team this evening. Chatted for about an hour all told. Demo cars next two or so weeks to all GR centres, first batches of cars about two weeks after that. Mine is currently off the coast of Portugal and he said “pre Christmas is definitely realistic”.

Now if only I could find a half decent insurance quote…
 
Received my "confirm your info" email today, replied and promptly got a call back (Thanks Bernie!) , sadly I missed it but was left a voicemail on the next steps.

I changed from finance to cash, he let me know that payment would need to be via bank transfer, the reference should be my orca number when the time comes, indicating the account details will be to follow.

I should expect some contact from them again shortly to inform me when the demo cars reach GR centers, that the centers would be aware of who is in the area and will be expecting our call.

Was a welcome surprise to have had a call to update on what's going on, hopefully setting the tone for a happy end to this whole process.

1666731650384.png

Meanwhile the parts pile keeps growing..
 
We're we meant to reply to that email confirming the info? I didn't. I figured it was a "reply if anythings wrong" email.
 
Received my "confirm your info" email today, replied and promptly got a call back (Thanks Bernie!) , sadly I missed it but was left a voicemail on the next steps.

I changed from finance to cash, he let me know that payment would need to be via bank transfer, the reference should be my orca number when the time comes, indicating the account details will be to follow.

I should expect some contact from them again shortly to inform me when the demo cars reach GR centers, that the centers would be aware of who is in the area and will be expecting our call.

Was a welcome surprise to have had a call to update on what's going on, hopefully setting the tone for a happy end to this whole process.

View attachment 9076
Meanwhile the parts pile keeps growing..

I like the rubber boot mat. Did you import it?
 
So excited to start seeing the cars hit U.K. roads. I’m a way off getting mine but seeing some real life cars and reviews is highly anticipated. Hoping I can book my test drive early next year as a little taster.

My dealer said there will be a demo car making it’s way around the country for us to book test drives. They are a non GR centre though.
 
We're we meant to reply to that email confirming the info? I didn't. I figured it was a "reply if anythings wrong" email.
I didn’t for that same reason. But then that’s why I had the call today, to confirm those details - whether I would have had it or not anyway I don’t know!
 
So excited to start seeing the cars hit U.K. roads. I’m a way off getting mine but seeing some real life cars and reviews is highly anticipated. Hoping I can book my test drive early next year as a little taster.

My dealer said there will be a demo car making it’s way around the country for us to book test drives. They are a non GR centre though.
See, guy from Toyota online said there will be one demo car for every single GR centre. Something like 50 odd cars apparently.
 
I like the rubber boot mat. Did you import it?
Yea from a US dealer through ebay, paid about £130 total. It was stright forward with ebays global shipping setup, showed me all fees and vat ect.
We're we meant to reply to that email confirming the info? I didn't. I figured it was a "reply if anythings wrong" email.
Email does read clearly to only reply if something is wrong 🤷‍♂️ i had to change my payment method.
 
How does one set about obtaining a test drive exactly?

Do we just phone up or are Toyota going to contact us?

I know that's wishful thinking.... so who do I need to speak to to get a drive please?
 
I know that's wishful thinking.... so who do I need to speak to to get a drive please?


Whether it'll happen or not I don't know but in my case I asked the dealer if they were still getting a demo, they said "yes, would you like to drive it?" and I said yes. I don't have an appointment yet but they reckoned mid-November.
 
How does one set about obtaining a test drive exactly?

Do we just phone up or are Toyota going to contact us?

I know that's wishful thinking.... so who do I need to speak to to get a drive please?
From my conversation with the buy online team, you’ll hear from them as to which dealers will have one available to test. It’ll then be up to you to organise with the dealer.
 
Back
Top