GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

Another month - fingers crossed for us early birds - this may be the month or not....
I think we already know it's now going to be December at the earliest, going by what people who chase for updates are now being told.
However, now that we are in November, I wouldn't be surprised if people start getting told "aiming for January deliveries".

I'm still of the opinion that they haven't got a clue really. If they did, there'd be nothing stopping them giving everyone a quick update, rather than waiting for people to phone up, holding a wet finger in the air and just saying whatever the month after next is, just to get rid of them.
 
Remember, remember... the 86th of November...

cal.webp
 
Last edited:
Ive just called for an update to be told that Toyota are prioritising getting demonstrators out to the GR centres as they've had overwhelming feedback that customers want to test drive cars as a priority. Customer cars then likely to start shipping in December, however they initially said July, then August, then September, then October, then November...... unbelievable that nobody from Toyota has the decency to step forward and make a clear communication.
 
Wouldn't the sensible thing to do, be deliver the customer cars and let them test drive their own vehicles before accepting them?

That way those of us who are dead set on taking the car can do so and don't have to wait on all you fussy bar stewards who insisted on a test drive :p
 
I need to read this forum more frequently and more carefully; I thought there wasn't going to be any demonstrators!

I do have sympathy for the front line Toyota communications/customer relations personnel as the strategic leadership and decision making is evidently appalling, but they do seem to be making it up as they go along...
 
I need to read this forum more frequently and more carefully; I thought there wasn't going to be any demonstrators!

I do have sympathy for the front line Toyota communications/customer relations personnel as the strategic leadership and decision making is evidently appalling, but they do seem to be making it up as they go along...
Indeed. It's all over the place. I remember someone getting told there wouldn't be any demonstrators either.
 
Well, the Georgia Highway is docking at Portbury this afternoon at 4pm, so at least my car is in blighty, and didn't get stuck in the Suez canal :D

Lucky 10:54 order! Someone didn't want a Sapphire Blue manual I guess....... Who knows when I'll get it though
 
They've had overwhelming feedback? Hmmm.
1) I've not been asked by TOR if I want a test drive. Has anyone?
2) Since when did they listen to feedback?
I've not been asked, even though I do want a test drive. I wonder how they are making their decision. December is not a great month for me to pick up the car to be honest, but they might not roll them around until Jan anyway at this rate.
 
Work wise, December is my busiest month so will be a nightmare trying to even get it, let alone get it home and waxed, especially with this weather. I've been riding in all weather but today was the worse I've ever had it. I'd really like my car now.
 
I suspect there might be a financial reason they want to roll the car into January. Maybe to do with emissions targets or perhaps there is some sort of annual fee they need to pay and for the very low numbers they decided to push it back. Now they’ve updated the brake software there is no logical reason why they can’t ship us the cars.

Maybe that decision was made months ago and they think it’s easier to be vague and let it slip month by month rather than tell people straight they won’t get their cars until 2023.
 
Last edited:
I suspect there might be a financial reason they want to roll the car into January. Maybe to do with emissions targets or perhaps there is some sort of annual fee they need to pay and for the very low numbers they decided to push it back. Now they’ve updated the brake software there is no logical reason why they can’t ship us the cars.

Maybe that decision was made months ago and they think it’s easier to be vague and let it slip month by month rather than tell people straight they won’t get their cars until 2023.
Perhaps, in which case why allow you the app visbility to show its being built, then being shipped, then unloaded in the dock, then on its final leg of the journey to Derby where it will sit in a car park for 6 months.....

I'm very close to knocking mine on the head
 
Back
Top