GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

There are no dealer demonstrators coming now. No real need for obvious reasons.
There will be a number available directly from Toyota for those who have ordered, and want to drive one. (Similar to when the Supra was launched)

The nominated specialists from the GR centres, do have have a training/launch event in November.



C/P from a PH post by a GR salesman

 
Dealer quoted £529 for duckbill spoiler fitted.
It comes with a caveat, the body warranty will be invalidated!
I was not sure whether I liked it in the first place and all the hustle of declaring modifications was nail in the coffin. Decided not to get the spoiler in the end.
 
Dealer quoted £529 for duckbill spoiler fitted.
It comes with a caveat, the body warranty will be invalidated!
I was not sure whether I liked it in the first place and all the hustle of declaring modifications was nail in the coffin. Decided not to get the spoiler in the end.
Is that what the dealer said or actually from ToyotaGB? This could be another warranty saga like the engine in the US of that guy who tracked.
 
There are no dealer demonstrators coming now. No real need for obvious reasons.
There will be a number available directly from Toyota for those who have ordered, and want to drive one. (Similar to when the Supra was launched)

The nominated specialists from the GR centres, do have have a training/launch event in November.



C/P from a PH post by a GR salesman

If this is true, I will be asking Toyota for a test drive.
 
Give James at Sandhurst a shout, he has been great in keeping me posted monthly on my GR Yaris and is doing what he can on the GR86 even though the system has nothing to offer, they're not GR centre but he seems excited by GR products. I moved from Guildford as I never heard a thing from Gford since ordering it and like others they'd never heard of a GR86 even by April!
Your GR86 is coming to Sandhurst too? There I was thinking I was the only one.
What was your confirmation time? I was 11:00 if it actually matters
 
Dealer quoted £529 for duckbill spoiler fitted.
It comes with a caveat, the body warranty will be invalidated!
I was not sure whether I liked it in the first place and all the hustle of declaring modifications was nail in the coffin. Decided not to get the spoiler in the end.
My dealer said the bodywork is still covered and the duckbill comes with its own warranty if fitted by them
 
Spoke to TUK today, test drives Mid Nov - estimate of first deliveries early December.

Likely first batch currently sitting in Derby will go at the same time (~100) so I'll have most bird poop having arrived in May!
 
Oh also said duckbill install costs will vary depending on dealer labour rates.
 
Spoke to TUK today, test drives Mid Nov - estimate of first deliveries early December.

Likely first batch currently sitting in Derby will go at the same time (~100) so I'll have most bird poop having arrived in May!
:/

Would rather not have to wait until after the test drive cars. I know I want mine, just let me have it :/

EDIT: Hang on..

There are no dealer demonstrators coming now. No real need for obvious reasons.
There will be a number available directly from Toyota for those who have ordered, and want to drive one. (Similar to when the Supra was launched)

The nominated specialists from the GR centres, do have have a training/launch event in November.



C/P from a PH post by a GR salesman


So by "test drives mid Nov" do they mean, test drives for customers? Or was the suggestion that demo cars would be at dealers, which contradicts the next quote from Someday?
 
Is that what the dealer said or actually from ToyotaGB? This could be another warranty saga like the engine in the US of that guy who tracked.
It’s is the dealer body shop rather than.

Emai response l:….Bodyshop are currently saying as the spoiler has to be drilled and bolted they don’t think they can guarantee it against corrosion…

To be honest for me it is not worth bothering with insurance and warranty worries and plus cost of a little piece of plastic. It is made to be so difficult to accommodate by everyone that I actually don’t want it on the car. I also like to keep the car as original as possible as we will only have limited number of these cars ever in U.K.
 
It’s is the dealer body shop rather than.

Emai response l:….Bodyshop are currently saying as the spoiler has to be drilled and bolted they don’t think they can guarantee it against corrosion…

To be honest for me it is not worth bothering with insurance and warranty worries and plus cost of a little piece of plastic. It is made to be so difficult to accommodate by everyone that I actually don’t want it on the car. I also like to keep the car as original as possible as we will only have limited number of these cars ever in U.K.
Given that the part it bolts to is plastic, I don't think corrosion is a concern. Bit worrying that they hadn't checked that. Perhaps best not to let them near the car anyway :p
 
It's plastic! It's can't corrode.

Not fussed about a test drive. I just want my car now. Going into December isn't good as I'll have no holiday to use to get it as we can't holiday in December. Then December will be too busy to pop out and pick it up unless it's a weekend or I can leave early one day. Then the pain of Winter detailing. Lets hope it's a mild Winter.
 
Is the ducktail fully sealed onto the original spoiler? Otherwise water could get under the ducktail, through the drilled holes and into the boot? Just a thought
 
Is the ducktail fully sealed onto the original spoiler? Otherwise water could get under the ducktail, through the drilled holes and into the boot? Just a thought
If you check out the thread about spoilers there's a couple of installation videos. I'd watch that for full details but in summary, the plastic part that the spoiler attaches to is itself mounted to the boot (you remove it during the fitting process) with gaskets. So it is essentially an external part anyway. Watch the videos, you'll see what I mean.
 
I have no concerns about fitting. Bought a new step drill bit to make it easier. My wing is there, just need to make time to collect. Same issue in that popping out isn't easy to do and being on the bike it isn't something I can carry home. My car I don't trust to get there and back in a lunch break so have to borrow Dad's. Bit of a palaver tbh.
 
Spoke to TUK today, test drives Mid Nov - estimate of first deliveries early December.

Likely first batch currently sitting in Derby will go at the same time (~100) so I'll have most bird poop having arrived in May!

Confirms what someone else said about TUK, but still clashes with what dealers are saying.

It will another bitter taste if we have to wait until December. Cars on continently Europe are with customers now, so the only stopper would be Toyota GB.
 
When I called my dealer (Listers Coventry) regarding the spoiler last week, they said that their demo car was coming in mid November, which lines up with what TUK is saying.
 
I've been told demo cars at GR Centres mid-November, two weeks for test drives, customer deliveries early December onwards. That's from a GR Centre via Toyota.
 
Back
Top