GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

Confirms what someone else said about TUK, but still clashes with what dealers are saying.

It will another bitter taste if we have to wait until December. Cars on continently Europe are with customers now, so the only stopper would be Toyota GB.
I've been told demo cars at GR Centres mid-November, two weeks for test drives, customer deliveries early December onwards. That's from a GR Centre via Toyota.
I get some people want a test drive, but I don't see why there should be an arbitrary wait of another 2 weeks for those who don't.

But again, even this is contradictory.....my local dealer is also a "GR Centre" and the latest from them is I'll have the car on the 16th November.

There doesn't seem to be any part of this ordering processing which isn't mired in frustration.
 
Loan car now up to 4600 miles from 300, will be 7,000 in another 6 weeks. You'd have thought they'd be fairly incentivised to release my car.
 
Some more tinder for the speculation bonfire here, email I received from Toyota this morning;

Hi Gal,

Thank you for your reply.

We currently estimate the deliveries of the GR86's will commence in December.

I hope that this helps.

Kind regards,


Sam Shelbourne
Toyota Buy Online
Toyota (GB) PLC
Distributor of vehicles, parts and accessories for the UK
 
But again, even this is contradictory.....my local dealer is also a "GR Centre" and the latest from them is I'll have the car on the 16th November.
Yeah, my dealer was saying 17th November a couple of days ago. That's the date they can see on the system. Just like in the first week of July my car was being delivered on 12th July according to the dealer system! It seems it's a date field that needs populated rather than an accurate delivery date.
 
If one thing has become very evident since April this year, it is that dealers are totally in the dark and dates on internal systems don't translate to anything in the real world....... ok, that's 2 things, but they're both pretty evident :p
 
Just had a pleasant call from TUK buy online team, confirming it’s a Dec delivery. Details of test drives to follow in the next couple of weeks - it’s likely that TUK will let us know which centres will have 86s, for us to then contact to organise a test in mid-Nov.

Dealers have been informed to contact individuals who requested mudflaps, etc so they can be fitted when the cars are delivered. I’ve asked for a list of extras too, although it sounded very limited.

Also, you’re able to start paying for it now if you have selected cash purchase.

Exciting times!
 
Just had a pleasant call from TUK buy online team, confirming it’s a Dec delivery. Details of test drives to follow in the next couple of weeks - it’s likely that TUK will let us know which centres will have 86s, for us to then contact to organise a test in mid-Nov.

Dealers have been informed to contact individuals who requested mudflaps, etc so they can be fitted when the cars are delivered. I’ve asked for a list of extras too, although it sounded very limited.

Also, you’re able to start paying for it now if you have selected cash purchase.

Exciting times!
Are you actually saying that they called you, rather than you having to contact them?! Hopefully this means we’re moving forward and they’ll start to do it for all of us now. As much as I’m annoyed at waiting as long as we have, it’ll be worth it I’m sure.
 
I emailed today reminding them I didn't want any dealer stickers. They came back almost immediately with valuation on my part ex pending inspection.

No mention of dates or additional accessories. I'll get the mudflaps myself later on.
 
Just had a pleasant call from TUK buy online team, confirming it’s a Dec delivery. Details of test drives to follow in the next couple of weeks - it’s likely that TUK will let us know which centres will have 86s, for us to then contact to organise a test in mid-Nov.

Dealers have been informed to contact individuals who requested mudflaps, etc so they can be fitted when the cars are delivered. I’ve asked for a list of extras too, although it sounded very limited.

Also, you’re able to start paying for it now if you have selected cash purchase.

Exciting times!
That's nice of them allowing you to give them a load more cash without owning the product.
 
My car’s date was always showing as 05/12/2022 (before it was hidden in the backend) so mine might be one of the ones that ends up being kind of on time at this rate.
My date was 08/12/2022 (before being hidden like yours) she’s currently on the Georgia Highway just getting to Livorno in Italy, where I presume it will be dropping a few cars off 🚗🚗🚗
 
Your GR86 is coming to Sandhurst too? There I was thinking I was the only one.
What was your confirmation time? I was 11:00 if it actually matters
Hi Chris, my confirmation time was 10:12. Supposedly the car is in Derby (and has been for a few months), not sure Sandhurst get a lot of GRs, middle of Honda Jazz territory ;-)
 
I had been told by my dealer delivery was 15/11 and this could be seen by me using the my Toyota hack. I have sold my main car so phoned Toyota GB where a very helpful chap said no one is. Getting there car in November and they don’t know where this info is coming from. Will be before Xmas
Also said demo cars are going out in November.

If it was mid November we would have been asked assigned registrations by now and asked to forward funds by x date it only just over two weeks away and the dealers have received no car to date.
 
Also, you’re able to start paying for it now if you have selected cash purchase.

Having the £1000 deposit for months on end is one thing but I'm not paying a penny more unless there's a firm delivery date somewhere!

Could be next spring for the first cars covered in bird poo at this rate.
 
Are you actually saying that they called you, rather than you having to contact them?! Hopefully this means we’re moving forward and they’ll start to do it for all of us now. As much as I’m annoyed at waiting as long as we have, it’ll be worth it I’m sure.
Yes, I had email on the 18th to confirm details but I didn’t reply as the details were correct and I didn’t have any additional bits like private reg to provide.

Really nice woman I spoke to, I did joke to her about the situation - I think they’ll be as relieved as we will be when it’s over!
 
Yes, I had email on the 18th to confirm details but I didn’t reply as the details were correct and I didn’t have any additional bits like private reg to provide.

Really nice woman I spoke to, I did joke to her about the situation - I think they’ll be as relieved as we will be when it’s over!
Did she say what the process for paying was going to be? Is there some portal or something to complete the transaction or do they do it over the phone?
 
Having the £1000 deposit for months on end is one thing but I'm not paying a penny more unless there's a firm delivery date somewhere!

Could be next spring for the first cars covered in bird poo at this rate.
That was in response to me asking about payment methods, as I know elsewhere on the forum people were querying about card, etc. Obviously a lot of people have limits on how much they can transfer in one hit, so they expect multiple payments across a few days. Some people may want to do it for whatever reason I guess.
 
Back
Top