GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

Maybe they’ll do a self serve day in derby, couple of laps of their track in a demonstrator then you can take your car from the parking lot and go 🤣
If they lay on some light snacks too I'm all for that!
 
  • Like
Reactions: v8s
Maybe they’ll do a self serve day in derby, couple of laps of their track in a demonstrator then you can take your car from the parking lot and go 🤣
I wish they would do that, I'd prefer to collect mine from Derby.

One less journey on a transporter for my car, and no risk of it being parked on a main dealer forecourt for a few days.

I've had so many cars damaged whilst in main dealer care.
 
Maybe they’ll do a self serve day in derby, couple of laps of their track in a demonstrator then you can take your car from the parking lot and go 🤣
As I'm only half an hour away, I'd be up for that!

Although in reality I'd actually get the car collected from there rather than the dealers to go off for PPF :ROFLMAO:
 
I wish they would do that, I'd prefer to collect mine from Derby.

One less journey on a transporter for my car, and no risk of it being parked on a main dealer forecourt for a few days.

I've had so many cars damaged whilst in main dealer care.
My sister in law just bought a new Audi A5. The salesman dinged it moving it on the day they was due to collect so had to delay collection while they repaired it.

The worse part was that she had already registered the car on the Audi app and got notification it was being driven. They drove it to a repair centre 60 miles away. She went mental and made them bring it back on a loader. I can’t believe they thought a customer would be happy with that? Picking up a new car with over 120 miles on it!
 
Totally. IMO there is zero chance of them delivering circa 100 cars that are currently sat in Derby that presumably all have this date in the system.
Delivering 100 GR86 in one day shouldn't be a big issue for Toyota - their UK sales last year were reported as being around 82,000 - or around 225 vehicles a day, every day.
 
Yep that’s what I meant sorry. I defo can’t wait three months for the 23 plate.
If mine’s due on the road in Dec (which sounds likely, if not 2023 anyhow!) think I’d say can they wait till Jan to register it, not bought a new car before but presume garage likely to be OK with that?
 
The people thinking of waiting to have their car registered in Jan, what difference does that make? Genuine question as I thought the only real difference was the plate!
 
The people thinking of waiting to have their car registered in Jan, what difference does that make? Genuine question as I thought the only real difference was the plate!
The difference will be miniscule. It just means when you come to sell it you can say it's a 2023 car, since it was registered in 2023, rather than a 2022 car, it's a bit click baitey since both will be 72 plates. The real boost to second hand values will be if it was a 23 plate vs a 72 plate. It's also only relevant if you have 2 cars for sale at the same time with near identical specs and mileage/history. If the older car has been a garage queen with few miles on it but the newer has been modded and double the miles then it counts for nothing.
 
Delivering 100 GR86 in one day shouldn't be a big issue for Toyota - their UK sales last year were reported as being around 82,000 - or around 225 vehicles a day, every day.
There's a lot of things that shouldn't have been a big issue for Toyota during this process!

Good luck to the team of 5 or so online sales folk who needed literally months just to give people a welcome call
 
Can anyone recommend an interested dealer in the Reading area? I am looking to change my delivery dealer before it's too late.
Give James at Sandhurst a shout, he has been great in keeping me posted monthly on my GR Yaris and is doing what he can on the GR86 even though the system has nothing to offer, they're not GR centre but he seems excited by GR products. I moved from Guildford as I never heard a thing from Gford since ordering it and like others they'd never heard of a GR86 even by April!
 
Back
Top