grisszoo86
Obsessed member
Similar story here. Received on 15th and < 20 miles.Got mine on the 16th and still haven’t driven it either. 12 miles on the clock
My car is in for PPF this week and looking forward to putting some miles on.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Similar story here. Received on 15th and < 20 miles.Got mine on the 16th and still haven’t driven it either. 12 miles on the clock
Snap. Maybe we should create a sub-forumSimilar story here. Received on 15th and < 20 miles.
My car is in for PPF this week and looking forward to putting some miles on.
Run in the USA is 1000km, so your be fine to wring its neck until it howls, or goes pop…I left the passenger window open all night when it was pouring down. On the plus side I had to go for a drive to dry it out.
Also, I caved it at 900 miles and am calling it run in.
The USA manual says 1000 miles. They don't use kilometres in the states.Run in the USA is 1000km, so your be fine to wring its neck until it howls, or goes pop…
To be fair, I think the European manual says 1000Km though. I'm kind of erring on the side of it might not actually matter all that much, so they just print the manual with "run in for 1000 (whatever your regional unit is)"The USA manual says 1000 miles. They don't use kilometres in the states.
I was literally about to update my post, because I actually went and downloaded the manual, and I've just found the very same paragraph, but you've beaten me to it and now I look a right tit, CHEERS MATE
I've had a few emergencies
#emergencyfullsendI've had a few emergencies![]()
Also interesting comment re avoiding constant speed for long times - makes sense... I guess constantly varying conditions are healthier during run in
I’m planning on keeping mine for a long time so I’ve been pretty meticulous with running in, watching the oil temps, being gentle until the engine is warm, not letting it idle for a long time, varying the revs, not lugging the engine, letting it cool between harder acceleration pulls etc., but after the first few hundred miles I have been progressively increasing the max revs, not to cut corners, but because I believe it’s the best thing to do. It doesn’t make sense from an engineering perspective to stick to 4K up to to 999, then suddenly jump to 7.5K at 1000miles.I just followed the manual exactly didn't screw around because of some advice from a YouTube "expert" only took me just over a week with some dedication.
Now it's done properly!
Same here! No wax! Rain, mud, crashing through floods, enjoy the car, don't just polish it!I confess to taking my GR86 out in to the world for 1000 miles, bareback. That's right, no PPF, no ceramic coating, just straight rawdogging nature and all that brings with it.
View attachment 12969
(I have applied a great wax, but let's ignore that)
I have to admit, I do like a clean car, but you're right, these cars are too good to not drive them. I'm up to over 1100 miles now, it's dirty, but I'd rather spend the time driving it than polishing it.Same here! No wax! Rain, mud, crashing through floods, enjoy the car, don't just polish it!