GR86 GR86- Cars for sale - General Discussion

<£30k

Registered in Northampton not Bristol? Ex-demo car or had private plates first and then swapped back to normal plates?
 
Last edited:
Any questions about the car, please ask. The plates probably want re-doing, and there's a scuff on the nsf alloy at the bottom if you look closely but I'm sorting that tomorrow / Wednesday.
 
Seems about right for the colour and mileage. No messing about having to run it in either.

People getting into these now should buy them because they like them and want to drive them, rather than to flip, ‘cause the times they are a-changing.
I’m not sure I agree… Once they sell out (or become unavailable after the cutoff date) then surely prices will solidify or potentially rise?

Agreed nobody should buy a new car to try and turn a profit but I do think that these cars will have strong residuals

I imagine the owners from batch #1 were a little pissed when batch #2 came along but hopefully nobody will be drastically out of pocket come sale time
 
Any questions about the car, please ask. The plates probably want re-doing, and there's a scuff on the nsf alloy at the bottom if you look closely but I'm sorting that tomorrow / Wednesday.
Best of luck with the sale @GRFan0323 . Looks great in black with the ducktail and very keenly priced.
 
10 years ago, if someone told me I could buy an updated and much improved version of the already fantastic GT86 for less than a mid-range boring compact family hatchback, run it for eight months/5k miles, and then sell it for exactly what I'd paid for it, I'd have been absolutely delighted (and more than a little incredulous).
 
I’m not sure I agree… Once they sell out (or become unavailable after the cutoff date) then surely prices will solidify or potentially rise?

Agreed nobody should buy a new car to try and turn a profit but I do think that these cars will have strong residuals

I imagine the owners from batch #1 were a little pissed when batch #2 came along but hopefully nobody will be drastically out of pocket come sale time

When they announced more cars, I was happy for a friend who got on the wait list and got one. But he's doesn't want a black one otherwise mine would have gone in May. Pretty ridiculous of Toyota to not consider the success of the GT86 and produce more cars for the UK. I was surprised though when they hiked not just the price, but the interest rate too.
 
Last edited:
I was surprised though when they hiked not just the price, but the interest rate too.
They're separate things though. Inflation is real, prices elsewhere have gone up far more than the 86. Supermarkets, builders merchants etc have had higher price rises. And separate to that, finance markets charge more for loan interest.
 
They're separate things though. Inflation is real, prices elsewhere have gone up far more than the 86. Supermarkets, builders merchants etc have had higher price rises. And separate to that, finance markets charge more for loan interest.
The first year’s tax is a big chunk of the RRP too.. Thank goodness it drops to £180 in year 2 (well I hope it does)
 
Any questions about the car, please ask. The plates probably want re-doing, and there's a scuff on the nsf alloy at the bottom if you look closely but I'm sorting that tomorrow / Wednesday.
Your car looks fantastic in Black, best of luck with the sale ;)
 
Back
Top