GR86 GR86- Cars for sale - General Discussion

If most of the first batch have been delivered now, is that even that many out of around 400 cars, all of the above points considered? Genuinely no idea, but doesn't seem many.

There are 43 Lotus Emira on there and they must have sold similar numbers?

Surprisingly there are more Emira for sale than there are Exige, a car that’s been around for a lot longer.
Guess it’s down to people cashing in on a much hyped car, helped by the fact that Lotus have increased the price twice since launch.

Even people that have placed a deposit are not immune to the price increase!
If Toyota came to me now and said ‘your cars here and by the way the price has gone up by 10%’, I’d be telling them where to stick it!
 
Last edited:
Surprisingly there are more Emira for sale than there are Exige, a car that’s been around for a lot longer.
Guess it’s down to people cashing in on a much hyped car, helped by the fact that Lotus have increased the price twice since launch.

Even people that have placed a deposit are not immune to the price increase!
If Toyota came to me now and said ‘your cars here and by the way the price has gone up by 10%’, I’d be telling them where to stick it!
Totally. As excited as I am for my GR86, I would have had to think twice if was anything over say £35k.
 
I don't know about your specific car, but prices for most cars are still well above what they've been historically (as a percentage of what they cost new).
I'm sure that once the 2nd batch are gone and you have your second choice colour ordered @Triggaaar then prices will firm up and eventually rise

I wouldn't buy on the assumption that they'll become a collectors item though (but feel sure they will)
 
I'm sure that once the 2nd batch are gone and you have your second choice colour ordered @Triggaaar then prices will firm up and eventually rise

I wouldn't buy on the assumption that they'll become a collectors item though (but feel sure they will)

I wasn't commenting on prices from the point of view of me buying a GR, I was commenting on whether it's currently a good or bad time to sell cars in general. If I can't get a GR, I'll probably be looking at a second hand car (maybe or maybe not a GR). If I do get a GR I'd be planning to keep it for a very long time, so I wouldn't be too worried about used prices.
 
Totally. As excited as I am for my GR86, I would have had to think twice if was anything over say £35k.
Not be wanting my ordered Magnetite Grey Automatic at £35,140 then? :LOL:

Of course there's the Ceramic Coating and PPF to add, plus; the Cobra Cat-Back exhaust; Caliper Painting; Security upgrades and a whole host of stuff that I'm collecting in the garage. If I don't spend it the wife and kids will - bawz to that! 🤫
 
Not be wanting my ordered Magnetite Grey Automatic at £35,140 then? :LOL:

Of course there's the Ceramic Coating and PPF to add, plus; the Cobra Cat-Back exhaust; Caliper Painting; Security upgrades and a whole host of stuff that I'm collecting in the garage. If I don't spend it the wife and kids will - bawz to that! 🤫
Ah, different for the auto, I meant if they had gone over £35k for the manual with no extras. Especially as I narrowly missed out at £30k last year.
 
Not be wanting my ordered Magnetite Grey Automatic at £35,140 then? :LOL:

Of course there's the Ceramic Coating and PPF to add, plus; the Cobra Cat-Back exhaust; Caliper Painting; Security upgrades and a whole host of stuff that I'm collecting in the garage. If I don't spend it the wife and kids will - bawz to that! 🤫
Any recommendations for caliper painting in Scotland?
 
I wasn't commenting on prices from the point of view of me buying a GR, I was commenting on whether it's currently a good or bad time to sell cars in general. If I can't get a GR, I'll probably be looking at a second hand car (maybe or maybe not a GR). If I do get a GR I'd be planning to keep it for a very long time, so I wouldn't be too worried about used prices.
I know where there’s a nice Jaguar ePace for sale.. Returns a genuine 50-55 MPG 👍🏻🍻
 
Not be wanting my ordered Magnetite Grey Automatic at £35,140 then? :LOL:

Of course there's the Ceramic Coating and PPF to add, plus; the Cobra Cat-Back exhaust; Caliper Painting; Security upgrades and a whole host of stuff that I'm collecting in the garage. If I don't spend it the wife and kids will - bawz to that! 🤫
If you're spending on bits in advance of getting the car, I do hope you'll like it when you get it...

(I'm sure you will, but it's been interesting to see how some of the cars put up for sale very quickly have had £££ spent on PPF, ceramic, wheels, exhausts, private plates etc.)
 
I've said it before but I think some get too fussy over things and/or have been spoiled but the supposed luxury you get from Audi, BMW, etc. They aren't looking at the bigger picture. There's a few on PH passing on these because the heating seat switches look an afterthought. It's the same as the last car! I'd never reject a car over one switch. I like how the dash looks. My only gripe with it is I want to be able to configure what options I see in what modes. Tyre pressures and even temps in track mode would be nice. Even my Street Triple does that. But I can never see it changing as it would probably have to be re-approved as a change that affects the speedo. There was an odd issue on the very early Triple's with the new screen that if you put them in track mode the mileage gained would also triple. That was quickly fixed via update.
 
..interesting to see how some of the cars put up for sale very quickly have had £££ spent on PPF, ceramic, wheels, exhausts, private plates etc.
I agree. I did exactly that with my Kona N, having only had it for 18 months I then received the invite for a GR86. I'd had full front quarter PPF, 5yr Ceramic Coating (topped up at year 1 for Warranty), Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs, 200 CEL Sports Cat, 3" Flexi, GPF Delete and full 3" Cat-Back exhaust, Spare Wheel Kit, Ultimate Car Cover, Tracker, Ghost Immobiliser, BlackVue 4k 2Ch Dashcams and a host of other billet/SS upgrades. All of which I had to get removed before it went to Arnold Clark a few weeks ago. I stopped counting my losses at £6K as it started to make my eyes water. I did the same with all of my Italian motorcycles too. Never mind, it's only the kids' inheritance :LOL:
 
I agree. I did exactly that with my Kona N, having only had it for 18 months I then received the invite for a GR86. I'd had full front quarter PPF, 5yr Ceramic Coating (topped up at year 1 for Warranty), Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs, 200 CEL Sports Cat, 3" Flexi, GPF Delete and full 3" Cat-Back exhaust, Spare Wheel Kit, Ultimate Car Cover, Tracker, Ghost Immobiliser, BlackVue 4k 2Ch Dashcams and a host of other billet/SS upgrades. All of which I had to get removed before it went to Arnold Clark a few weeks ago. I stopped counting my losses at £6K as it started to make my eyes water. I did the same with all of my Italian motorcycles too. Never mind, it's only the kids' inheritance :LOL:
As George Best might have almost said, "I spent a lot of money on PPF, ceramic, lowering springs, exhaust... The rest I just squandered." ;)
 
Back
Top