GR Yaris (Gen 2) GR Yaris Mk2 (MY2024->)

I don't agree. I had 2 MK1's and now have a MK2. The latter one is better in almost every aspect. The only thing where the MK1 is better, is that it has the Sport diff setting with 30-70 fixe, and the lack of ISA of course.
 
I should add a bit more that unless we see 2 stock cars going round by the same driver on the same day with clear traffic times will all look a bit off.

Sport auto got a disappointing lap time but stated they did it in less than ideal conditions in October but you won’t see them try again.
 
Picked up the GR on Friday last week. Incremental differences - most of all I'd say on the steering so far. Car feels more planted too. Early days - nearly through the running in mileage. Really liking the new dash too.

Looking for recommendations for a GR centre local to west London - closest to me would be GR centre great west road Brentford or in Surrey. Any feedback on those please? I'm thinking to change engine oil and diff oil - what have others done please?

Will be keeping the car stock for now.
As per @Ecsrobin my understanding is all training for technicians is the same at all Toyota centres in the UK however for the customer service team I would beg to differ. I had a bit of a nightmare just trying to get an oil change after run in without being charged a full standard service. I would highly recommend a GR centre for servicing as the overall knowledge with GR’s is significantly better in my opinion. I used Guildford in the end and can recommend them, personally I’d stay away from Steven Eagell but that’s just a personal experience.
 
As per @Ecsrobin my understanding is all training for technicians is the same at all Toyota centres in the UK however for the customer service team I would beg to differ. I had a bit of a nightmare just trying to get an oil change after run in without being charged a full standard service. I would highly recommend a GR centre for servicing as the overall knowledge with GR’s is significantly better in my opinion. I used Guildford in the end and can recommend them, personally I’d stay away from Steven Eagell but that’s just a personal experience.
My GR Dealer is superb and someone is now call a friend. The service department are robots and the parts lady is brilliant. I’ve tried 2 local dealers and neither service department has won me over so maybe a 45min trip to Guildford is in order. I’ll check first to see if they will do just an oil change and inspection or charge me £400.
 
Can't speak more highly of my supplying dealer - Steven Eagell Tunbridge Wells, formerly Motorline. The Customer Advisors are great, it's a GR Centre and the tech who works on my car owns a GR himself.

Less said the better about Steven Eagell Gatwick, they got shirty with me when I told them the car doesn't use 0W-8 oil and is in fact a GR Yaris not a Yaris Hybrid GR Sport.
 
Quite a big impact on tyres an springs only - 40s
BTG is ~20s shorter than the 8:15 industry lap of SportAuto of the mk1. Don't think the springs do much, so it's mostly the very well regarded tyres and maybe a little better power... low 6C ambient probably help too...
 
Last edited:
Can anyone give me data on the stock turbo pressure? For example at 7000 and peak?
 
Can anyone give me data on the stock turbo pressure? For example at 7000 and peak?
Best i can tell you it varies based on a lot of things, temperature of the car, ambient temperature, speed of the car, gear of the car, i have seen it go up to 2 bar at times, usually tops out at something like 1.5-1.8 but i dont have it as my main screen usually. It takes a lot of things in consideration as it decides how much boost to provide on any given pull. But overall as a highway overtaking machine it is consistant and i dont have to worry at any given time that the Yaris might decide to not give enough,, and that is how far i care about this personally.
 
I hope I'm not bothering you by asking here, I got the mk2, compared to other cars it seems to have a "heavy" power steering... is this normal? I read that someone was complaining about the mk1... have they changed something?
I dont know what you are comparing it to, but on not as sticky or wide summer tires of 205/50/17 compared to OEM 225/40/18, it seems as easy to turn as a regular Hybrid corolla, OEM tires i dont remember anymore, but i dont find it heavy to turn at all personally. If you put on some wide track or drag monstrosities then off course the steering wheel wont be as easy to turn.
 
Back
Top