GR Yaris Apex Yaris has thrown a valve rocker again

MasterVentris

Dedicated member
Joined
Dec 16, 2021
Messages
107
Reaction score
140
Screenshot_2022-07-11-20-13-41-17_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.webp





Apparently not an overrev this time?
 
Is the Apex Yaris stock or are they running more power?
 
Most owners are not tracking the car for hours every day either. The valve train is perfectly fine for the duties Toyota designed it for, which isn't full race car.

It is also possible this part was severely weakened by the previous incident, which shortened its life.

I believe the Apex Yaris is stock power levels.
 
I'm so glad I'm not the only person thinking that.

Rent car out to drive on a track then moan when the engine (that's already blown up once because of a miss shift), blows up.
 
Stock road car used as ‘Ring rental race car in damaged valvetrain shocker.

Coming next week - we’ve teamed up with these guys to sell you upgraded valvetrain components.
 
Is the Apex Yaris stock or are they running more power?
As far as I know, they have ebc brakes and jrc Pro suspension and lowered recaro. But nothing really done to drive train.

They also had a serious accident in June last year. I am sure the car is beaten up quite a lot. So I'd say it's a very rare and special case.

Screenshot_20210601-185450_Instagram.webp
 
"(...) the Yaris valve train is inadequate (...)"

Exaggerated under rage influence? Many track the GRY to great extent. I can't see why it's inadequate in stock form.

Rage influence is a great term. Their content is all a bit shite since they started seeing themselves as influencers who have the most important view of anything that the world needs to hear.
 
The money they make off the rental of that car there not going to be out of pocket on the repairs that's for sure….
 
My initial thoughts were:

(a) Did the original overrev cause unseen damage awaiting in the wings to bite them again, and
(b) What did the original "repair" involve? Is it safe to assume that whilst it was torn down they replaced the lot to prevent recurrence

How can they be absolutely sure its not been overreved?

@fennsport - is a valve spring upgrade a precautionary necessity on a stock road car or only where its been modded/heavilty tracked, etc? Price?
 
As far as I know, they have ebc brakes and jrc Pro suspension and lowered recaro. But nothing really done to drive train.

They also had a serious accident in June last year. I am sure the car is beaten up quite a lot. So I'd say it's a very rare and special case.

View attachment 6219
It’s running KW suspension and Endless pads.
 
Rage influence is a great term. Their content is all a bit shite since they started seeing themselves as influencers who have the most important view of anything that the world needs to hear.
Agree really liked the earlier content but now it’s clearly aimed at making money rather than good honest content that made some money. (I can’t blame them for wanting to make money it is business after all)
 
Back
Top