Recent content by ianmk4

  1. ianmk4

    GR86 Grooves in brake discs

    It's more of a disk issue. Corrosion on the rear of disk, they sent a health check video and you could see the problem. I've taken some screenshots, not the best quality though.
  2. ianmk4

    GR86 Grooves in brake discs

    My car had its first MOT today. With less than 12,000 miles, I've been told I need disks and pads all round. Passed with advisories. Garage want £1,150 to do the job. I can source parts on eurocarparts for less than £200.
  3. ianmk4

    VW Up! GTI

    I've never used car vertical personally, but the million adverts I see on YouTube imply that even when a car is assessed by a repairer there would be a record, nevermind only highlighting write offs.
  4. ianmk4

    GR86 Sainsbury's Hamilton

    I've just been watching Chris Harris driving the GR86 on YouTube: I thought I recognised the number plate. It is the above car I spotted at Sainsbury's earlier this year. Wonder if the owner knows!
  5. ianmk4

    GR86 GR86 - What wheels and tyres are you thinking about?

    The Bola site actually shows that the wheels are available in 8J, however, every retailer I asked stated this was unavailable, and I could only get 8.5J. I spent a lot of time reading this thread, and looked at what specs many members had. I knew 45 would get pretty close to strut and wanted a...
  6. ianmk4

    GR86 GR86 - What wheels and tyres are you thinking about?

    No, completely standard. Wheels are an inch wider, offset is 42. Therefore, 18.7mm more poke, and 6.7mm closer to strut.
  7. ianmk4

    GR86 GR86 - What wheels and tyres are you thinking about?

    Bola B2R 18x8.5 ET42 Pirelli Cinturato All Season SF3 225/40/18 Thanks to @Sonic for recommending Skidz in Falkirk. Came in significantly cheaper than any online retailer, and were able to clone existing TPMS codes to new sensors.
  8. ianmk4

    GR86 Tpms

    For anyone wondering, you can access the existing TPMS codes through the TechStream software. You may be able to register new sensors too. I watch the below YouTube tutorial: Obviously, I only required to do half the steps to obtain the existing codes, so not sure if the coding part will...
  9. ianmk4

    GR86 Tpms

    Cheers for the offer Sonic, might take you up on that
  10. ianmk4

    GR86 Tpms

    What is the easiest way to obtain existing TPMS codes? I want to buy a full wheel, tyre, and TPMS set. The online retailer can clone the existing codes onto new sensors. I asked KwikFit but they couldn't help. I don't really want to purchase a dedicated tool for >£100 to use only once.
  11. ianmk4

    Experiences with Motorway (the selling platform not the type of road)

    I sold my last car through Motorway. I ended up with a pretty decent price. However, when the dealer came to collect they tried to knock me down a grand. They said there was a slight lip on front disks and tracking was out. I told them to pay the agreed upon auction price. Guy was giving me a...
  12. ianmk4

    GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

    Remember to check DVLA tax site in a few weeks to see what type of car it was assigned to. I requested an 86 plate a while back, it went to auction, got too expensive for me. It ended up on a Ferrari 😂
  13. ianmk4

    GR86 The number plate thread

    Interesting plate coming up in future DVLA auction. https://dvlaauction.co.uk/Event/LotDetails/7198801/BRZ-86
  14. ianmk4

    GR86 Sainsbury's Hamilton

    Spotted on Tuesday night.
  15. ianmk4

    GR86 Glasgow city centre

    Spotted my first 86 in the wild after 2 years of ownership.
Back
Top