GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

Had a Cobra Sport non-resonated Cat-Back exhaust system fitted. Lovely!

Also discovered that there was about at least a pint of water slopping about inside my OEM back box, which I still haven't managed to fully empty after half hour of shaking! :unsure:🌊
 
Last edited:
Just checked and Its only a one year service deal, 10% off the price and 11 months interest free
 
Had a Cobra Sport non-resonated Cat-Back exhaust system fitted. Lovely!

Also discovered that there was about at least a pint of water slopping about inside my OEM back box, which I still haven't managed to fully empty after half hour of shaking! :unsure:🌊
Could you share a video of how it sounds?
 
Had a Cobra Sport non-resonated Cat-Back exhaust system fitted. Lovely!

Also discovered that there was about at least a pint of water slopping about inside my OEM back box, which I still haven't managed to fully empty after half hour of shaking! :unsure:🌊
Mine had the same when I took it off! I guess I hadn't run it long enough before removing it. I spent a good half hour swilling it back and forth trying to empty as much as I could put but I guess it's all caught up in the inside pipework. In the end I just put it up on a shelf and hope it doesn't rust out :D
 
Mine had the same when I took it off! I guess I hadn't run it long enough before removing it. I spent a good half hour swilling it back and forth trying to empty as much as I could put but I guess it's all caught up in the inside pipework. In the end I just put it up on a shelf and hope it doesn't rust out :D
I also gave it a blow through with the car dryer but I think it might need a bit longer with a hairdryer or heat gun to get the water to evaporate. Job for a hot summer I think!
 
I celebrated my car's 1st Birthday today by driving it to Slough and back for work (not far off 200 round trip). Thanks to the awful traffic on the way home I discovered for the first time that it lets you know once you've been travelling for over 2 hours (it mentioned something about the ignition being started over 2 hours ago).
 
Difficult to do with an iPhone as the Bass tones don’t record well. I’ll put up a cold-start comparison just for interest, there is a notable difference in the recording sound there …
That would be great. Thanks!
 
Nothing physical, just another drive over to Manchester from Hawarden… I’m blown away by how comfortable the car is and how easily she overtakes..

The miles are going up but I’m finding that I enjoy the car more and more each time I drive it..

It’s crying out for a rear wiper in this weather so I’ll have to investigate which product is best for getting the rear window to clear
Used Angelwax H2Go on bmw rear and side windows and was impressed with the longevity, still had some repellency on the rear after a couple of year. Easy enough to apply as well.
 
There was a short spell a few weeks ago where the fear came in a bit, the car felt a bit too light on its four toes and I felt like I'd bin it into the hedge each time I went round a roundabout. Happily rid myself of that, and booked my second pilgrimage to Scotland for next week.

Having only picked up the car in September I'll round out the year over 5000 miles. I think I might need to tell my insurer my estimated mileage is a bit off :rolleyes:.
 
Used Angelwax H2Go on bmw rear and side windows and was impressed with the longevity, still had some repellency on the rear after a couple of year. Easy enough to apply as well.
This gets very good reviews, I'll be trying it next
 

"What did you do with your GR86 today"​

What I'd like to do is give it a damn good clean and wax. Too dark when I get back from work and the weekends have been torrential rain. So all I can do is drive it daily to and from work!​

​

(Time off at Christmas is around the corner though)​

Same for me, I like a clean car, but driving mine is definitely more fun than washing it. Fingers crossed for some dry, and not freezing cold days between Christmas and the New Year.
 
Got my new Show Plate! Also Washed the car and gave it a coating of Gyeon PPF Maintain ready for tomorrow’s trip out to get the Calipers painted.
IMG_5876.webp
 
Back
Top