GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

Service done, 225 tyres on with my fitter on last day of the Michelin offer. Pressures were all over the place thans to the new yts. At 0c they were 3bar on the rear! Equalised them all last night and we'll see how it goes. It's too cold to really push them.
 
There are knock offs but they seem to be only available stateside, one of them from Kspeed was about $90, Greddy also do one a carbon effect one which a little cheaper.
 
I have also been buying some cheap stuff from China, but to my credit, at least it's functional cheap stuff this time.
Bought these little rubber cubby inserts. There's one for the glovebox, the centre console cupholder, the little extra cubby you get if you drive an automatic, the little cubby in each door handle, and the door bottle holders. Had similar in my old car, and they help prevent rattles from loose items being stored; mainly for me, that's the sports bottle I often keep in the door pocket.

1701437739758.png


Seem to fit nicely, pleased for the £18.86 they cost me. Ordered exactly a week ago and arrived in the post today.
Link below - there are variations on this sort of thing available if you search around, and you can even find them with the edges in different colours. I figured I wasn't bothered by that, and this set also came with the extra bit for the glovebox, which a lot of the coloured sets didn't.

 
After a little over a week on the driveway since its arrival, I taxed the GR86 and drove the 1 mile to Tesco for some fuel and the 1 mile straight home again. We are now at 41 miles and counting people - Rockstar eh?! 🤩

(in my defence it's very icy out there and I didn't want to dirty the car as it's looking immaculate after the detailing.)
 
Mine is proper minging. Probably the dirtiest it's ever been but I'm not even going to attempt a wash until temps are nearer 10c again
 
Enjoying early winter in Stockholm. Bought a set of studless used Kumho winter tires from a 2015 BRZ, low grip guaranteed. It is really nice and easy to handle slides in this car having a lot of fun 🤩

IMG_8585.jpeg
 
Bought a box for the 86 for Mika to go into. Have one for front seat of the Swift but he often goes sick in it. I have some long journeys coming up he needs to go on so did a trail run today. Stayed local, didn't rush it but he seems far happier he can see out and watches all the traffic. When he's had enough he curls up.

IMG_20231202_161450.webp
IMG_20231202_161428.webp
IMG_20231202_162711.webp
IMG_20231202_163600.webp
 
What a handsome looking chap! Hope he enjoys his travels and feels comfortable in his new 'bed'. Often find that our mutts prefer to travel in the back seat with a place they can lay down in. Having suffered from motion sickness for my entire naval career I can vouch for the fact that laying down really does help! :sick:
 
Bought a box for the 86 for Mika to go into. Have one for front seat of the Swift but he often goes sick in it. I have some long journeys coming up he needs to go on so did a trail run today. Stayed local, didn't rush it but he seems far happier he can see out and watches all the traffic. When he's had enough he curls up.

View attachment 22739
Love this.

It looks like it's Mika's GR86 and he's letting you drive him around in it and you should jolly well be grateful for it!
 
Today I had the OEM PS4 tyres removed and replaced by Goodyear Vector 4Seasons in the slightly wider 225/40R18 fitment on the stock rims. Now I'm shopping for a reasonably priced set of silver/dark chrome alloys to use as my Summer wheels with the PS4 rubber that's sitting in my garage! :D
 
Fitted a Brodit GR86 phone mount and Brodit holder for the iPhone. Put in the eBay rubber mats (nice fit). Drove to town for a haircut 💇‍♂️

IMG_5824.jpeg
 
Back
Top