GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

Well the odometer is at 960 miles. I guess that beeping noise will be gone by the end of this weekend 😁👍 It's really loosening up nicely and this car impresses me every day. My driving skills on RWD again have produced some moments of tightness in the seat area - but never flustered in the end. As the temps drop, I may consider a second set of tyres for our wet, leaf filled cold Scottish roads. 😁👍
 
The new look

IMG_1262.jpeg
 
Wow, the GT86 wheels actually work pretty well on the new model.
A shame the diamond cut is so prone to white worm (can already see it on those wheels), but if it's just for winter use, I guess it's not so much an issue.
 
Wow, the GT86 wheels actually work pretty well on the new model.
A shame the diamond cut is so prone to white worm (can already see it on those wheels), but if it's just for winter use, I guess it's not so much an issue.
Yeah they aren’t exactly in excellent condition but then I paid just £250 for them with nearly new winter tyres. Have thought about having them redone in black but I quite like not having to care too much about them.
 
Turned on the Active sound control for the first time since about April. It's cheaper than a new exhaust which I've also been contemplating.

(Well, the other half has been contemplating on my behalf - probably as we can't hear a thing in her BMW and the Focus hasn't been out playing for months as there's a pile of bricks and a skip in front of his garage due to building work on the house)
 
Yeah they aren’t exactly in excellent condition but then I paid just £250 for them with nearly new winter tyres. Have thought about having them redone in black but I quite like not having to care too much about them.
Are those 17 inch wheels and what's the tyre size?
 
Seven weeks into ownership, 1,200 miles done on mixture of A and B roads, and motorway. A brilliant car that continues to make me smile and improve my driving skills. With the approaching Scottish winter weather, fitted my second set of wheels with winter tyres to help me not disappear into a ditch. Wheels from my now departed Subaru Forester fitted with 215/45 R17 winter tyres.

Doesn’t look too bad, with minimal impact on speedometer.

IMG_4373.webp
 
Last edited:
Seven weeks into ownership, 1,200 miles done on mixture of A and B roads, and motorway. A brilliant car that continues to make me smile and improve my driving skills. With the approaching Scottish winter weather, fitted my second set of wheels with winter tyres to help me not disappear into a ditch. Wheels from my now departed Subaru Forester fitted with 215/45 R17 winter tyres.

Doesn’t look too bad, with minimal impact on speedometer.
They look really good actually, I'd buy a set of them for the winter no problem! Live in Scotland too. Any further details I need of those wheels?
 
They look really good actually, I'd buy a set of them for the winter no problem! Live in Scotland too. Any further details I need of those wheels?
These were my winter wheels from my old Subaru Forester D XC 2010, 17x7JJ, offset 48. The bolt pattern is 5x100mm, which was standard across the Subaru range at the time. Unfortunately Subaru changed the bolt pattern from around 2015 as they introduced new models, so they don’t fit my 2016 Outback (5x114.3mm).
 
Finally!

Collected from All That Gleams of Chilworth today.

Detailing - All That Gleams - https://allthatgleams.co.uk/
Wheels - ACC Allow Wheel Refurbishers - https://alloycarecentre.co.uk/
Tyres - Michelin Alpin 5 [Winters] - https://www.tyre-point.co.uk/

View attachment 21444
I'm just speaking to these guys about PPF and Ceramic on my GR86 .... can I ask what package you got with them / how much it costed?

They seem quite reasonable on the XPEL Track Pack (£1,250 + VAT) + Cermaic (£495 +VAT) ....
 
I'm just speaking to these guys about PPF and Ceramic on my GR86 .... can I ask what package you got with them / how much it costed?

They seem quite reasonable on the XPEL Track Pack (£1,250 + VAT) + Cermaic (£495 +VAT) ....
Sounds about right, I got a quote for £1800 all in, didn't do it, a lot of dollar but each to their own
 
I'm just speaking to these guys about PPF and Ceramic on my GR86 .... can I ask what package you got with them / how much it costed?

They seem quite reasonable on the XPEL Track Pack (£1,250 + VAT) + Cermaic (£495 +VAT) ....
Mine is there today!! Getting under-sealed with Bilt Hammer Dynax-UC and S-50.

And yes those prices a close to what I paid in July.
 
Back
Top