GR Yaris What did you do to your GR Yaris today?

I booked my early bird ticket to the Piston Heads 25th Anniversary Party at Bicester Heritage on Saturday 12th August and also applied to display my car since the GR Yaris "qualifies" under the Hot Hatch category.

Should be a great day out, the more the merrier!

 
Went out for an early morning drive, roads with about 10cm snow depth, fantastic traction, first time out in snow, all going spiffingly well until I got stuck in a snow drift on a narrow lane. Should know better at my age!

Anyway, had to run back home (2 miles), get my very good mate out of bed at 5am, drive back as far as I could get in my daughter’s car, walk a mile in a driving blizzard with flashes of lightning to boot (spectacular) and then spend nearly 2 hours digging it out. Problem was it had ridden up onto the deep stuff and was sitting on a snow cushion which had taken the weight off the tyres so no traction. Eventually managed to get out enough from underneath to allow me to nudge her off. Then required an 11 point turn in the lane and clearance of another couple drifts which had formed in the meantime before heading for home. Wife not impressed😆

Anyway that’s what I did today in my GR and all before 7.00!

1920CC00-FEAA-4DE9-AF6D-9C2FC2B3459C.webp
 
Have one too, fits perfectly under boot floor. Have never needed it but I'm playing all the time and I'm human so only matter of time 🙃
Yep, I’ll not be going out without one! Could also have done with a rake as the hardest thing was getting the snow out once we’d loosened it with the shovels. It was really compacted and icy due to the pressure from the car whereas the stuff all around us was light and feathery.
 
3rd Recall done, can't say I feel any differences with the car. I wonder what they needed to update the ECU for? :unsure:
👀
 
Took it over the beeftub (A701) there and back on a bright day, through the hills in the sunshine with ice and snow on the road.
Epic car - copes with it all so well.
Any pics ?!
 
'Fraid not, too busy driving. I'll post pics the next time I'm up there.
Awesome thanks. I’ve only driven that road once in the Moffat direction and that was in a Skoda Yeti despite having grown up under an hour away. The A708 was so good I drove a section 3 times in the Yaris though! But really need to link them all up next time I am visiting parents.
 
Hit a clucking pheasant and joined the broken grill club☹️. Low speed (under 30 mph) around Rutland Water. Despite having read of similar incidents on the forum, I can’t believe how easily it broke. I’m anticipating it not being cheap to replace. I suppose it did its job and protected the intercooler.
AAC8D1F9-457E-4EC2-AB19-897BDE7F8167.webp
 
That sucks, sorry for you but at least that’s the only damage! If my grille breaks again I might get one of these, though quite expensive for what they are (the full set is 350 odd)…https://www.zunsport.com/en/product/product?product_id=6207
Hit a clucking pheasant and joined the broken grill club☹️. Low speed (under 30 mph) around Rutland Water. Despite having read of similar incidents on the forum, I can’t believe how easily it broke. I’m anticipating it not being cheap to replace. I suppose it did its job and protected the intercooler.
View attachment 14516
 
Back
Top