GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

Every time I see the local 'east european' wash guys scrubbing the rear of a car with a long handled brush it makes me wince :cry:
When I said to the salesman at the GR Centre (sister site to my delivery dealer) that I had asked for it to be peeled 😁 but not washed he said I shouldn't worry as they use Special Brushes special chemicals and sponges. Needless to say that hasn't made me change my mind 🤣🤣
 
… they use Special Brushes special chemicals and sponges.
Like the magic sponges that can revive a fallen soccer player from their agonising shin shattering injury? Are they also valeted by Fairies and the jet wash powered by Pixie Dust?
The noun ‘Brush’ appearing in a conversation regarding vehicle preparation is enough to put me off.
 
Absolutely, I have a few but he was referring to the Brushes on a Pole like you get at the local Jetwash :eek:

Scott told you that 'they use Special Brushes special chemicals and sponges' and you think he meant a brush on a pole? I have low expectations of a dealer's car washing facilities, but not that low.
 
Scott told you that 'they use Special Brushes special chemicals and sponges' and you think he meant a brush on a pole? I have low expectations of a dealer's car washing facilities, but not that low.
It was Matthew I spoke too. and yes they do use Brushes on Poles I have seen them (unfortunately). GF said look away quick :ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited:
Happy to add myself to the register now!

WM23VNH - GR86 Manual in White.

Congrats to the other chap at Bracknell this morning also collecting his GR86 at the same time.

16912334492911968755456400325898.webp
 
Happy to add myself to the register now!

WM23VNH - GR86 Manual in White.

Congrats to the other chap at Bracknell this morning also collecting his GR86 at the same time.
Congrats (y)

What do you think of your colour choice? It looks like a flat cream when the sun's not out, and has more depth in sunlight.
 
Actually pleasantly surprised - I ideally wanted the electric blue but not an option currently apparently - I guess on account of them all being built already.

The white has a nice flake too it and once it's off to the detailers to ceramic on Monday morning should be easier to keep clean.
 
Collected mine today... was a bit of a mess but I think it was 50/50 because of me and the buy-online team. I got an email saying to either use the drive home insurance or arrange my own so I just sorted my own. It wasn't until yesterday they told me they needed proof of insurance to register/tax the vehicle. I might have missed something but what I can see there isn't anything saying they needed to know. I just assumed they ask as you need it to be legal :D

Come today and the DVLA site went down but I had already travelled through to where my dealership was by then so I spent from 1100 until 1600 walking around like a lost child. I had actually got on the bus to go back home when I got the call, thankfully the bus had only travelled 10 meters then had to stop at some lights so got the driver to let me off and then ran up to the dealer.

@AndyRC Can you add me to the list please Ice Silver 6MT please.
 
Greetings everyone - hope this is the correct thread. A month late perhaps, but I got the invitation for an order early July, and put my order in July 20th for a Sapphire Blue MT. On the phone, Toyota have estimated delivery for November.

I've never seen the colour in real life so I'm a bit nervous on that... I've spent a long while scouring the internet for pics of it though!

I'll have a go at the tracker info in a bit.
 
Hi all, according to Toyota and despite what the app is telling me, my sapphire blue 86 is arriving mid October. Having driven a demo out of Cambridge Toyota I’m really looking forward to getting this car, it’s going to be a big difference to my T6 VW Kombi!
 
Hi all, according to Toyota and despite what the app is telling me, my sapphire blue 86 is arriving mid October. Having driven a demo out of Cambridge Toyota I’m really looking forward to getting this car, it’s going to be a big difference to my T6 VW Kombi!
If you ask Toyota, they will tell you what ship it is on and can spend a month daily seeing the journey progess on one of the marine checking sites :p
 
What’s the best one?
The ones I tried don’t update for days at a time.
I use shipinfo.net it’s a few hours behind and sometimes sporadic updates when in the middle of the ocean. Currently tracking the Morning Clara which is due in Livorno early hours tomorrow morning.
Vessel finder.com will give the next port of call.
 
Back
Top