GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

⚠️ Something new here ⚠️

 
It's taken a while for Toyota to realise their communication has been rubbish & send out this email (although some seem to have been missed) but hey at least we've heard something but 12 weeks to contact 400 customers that's about 7 calls a day they don't exactly sound overworked!
But we asked for some communication & I suppose we got some so nothing to do but wait.
I am certain I won't see my car this summer so I would prefer it to arrive next spring but it will probably be here in the middle of winter!
I suspect it's to do with knowing the availability of build slots from the factory - until they know that, they can't give an ETA, so a phone call would be pretty pointless.
 
I am hoping to god half of these posts are parody.

Threatening to cancel your order because... err... you received a holding response like everyone has been asking for... really!?

Just. Be. Patient.

Frustrating when you're trying to plan financially. Not a small amount of money to spend or finance is it. £30k is not chump change (although I guess it is these days isn't it).

I have a Fiesta ST on order and want to cancel it asap but want this date confirmed first. That's my biggest gripe. I'm sat here wondering how bad a financial decision the GR is going to be factoring in my guaranteed trade in for the ST, vs me settling the pcp on my current fiesta, then waiting indefinitely for the GR to show up while the Fiesta depreciates.

Left in limbo without so much as an estimation having placed an order that originally suggested (was it 12 weeks?) I'd see the car towards the end of Summer this year. Now people are being told 2023.

Its poor. Toyota know full well there would be the (lets face it limited given this is a niche car) demand there was for this car and I guarantee they are sat laughing, rubbing their hands while reading this thread knowing there's nothing we can do about it. I'd expect this sort of behaviour from my experiences with BMW.

Sorry AndyRC, trying to keep it constructive here and not muddy the forum, I know this community of sorts will be more than worth its weight in 1's and 0's in the future. I was excited for this car but its become a bit of a frustrating experience already. In some ways I'm grateful I have an order showing in the app, being told contact sometime in the next 12 weeks is annoying when peoples orders are on the way already.
 
It's taken a while for Toyota to realise their communication has been rubbish & send out this email (although some seem to have been missed) but hey at least we've heard something but 12 weeks to contact 400 customers that's about 7 calls a day they don't exactly sound overworked!
But we asked for some communication & I suppose we got some so nothing to do but wait.
I am certain I won't see my car this summer so I would prefer it to arrive next spring but it will probably be here in the middle of winter!
Yeah, I mean Toyota has now updated us but hey , we are all annoyed how Toyota not updating or lack of communication before that. I don’t why someone just comment after Toyota update us and saying like it is embarrassing for us to complain about Toyota 🤷‍♂️.
 
I understand your frustration and also appreciate Toyota for bringing GR86 at this price in this unique situation where there is Chip shortages, 10% inflation and EU emissions + safety requirements.
Basically most manufacturers are not willing to commit current prices for sporty models beyond delivery in Q3/Q4 2022 or orders are getting cancelled after waiting for 6-12 months as dealer thinks he can sell the car as used above RRP.
I agree that Toyota has done a good job bringing the car at this price and that’s one of the reason why it was sold out so quickly.
But what I was trying to say is how bad they handle the communication before they finally sent us a email yesterday. There are members have sent a couples of emails without replies and etc… I think it is fair for us to “moan” or worried or complain.
 
Frustrating when you're trying to plan financially. Not a small amount of money to spend or finance is it. £30k is not chump change (although I guess it is these days isn't it).

I have a Fiesta ST on order and want to cancel it asap but want this date confirmed first. That's my biggest gripe. I'm sat here wondering how bad a financial decision the GR is going to be factoring in my guaranteed trade in for the ST, vs me settling the pcp on my current fiesta, then waiting indefinitely for the GR to show up while the Fiesta depreciates.

Left in limbo without so much as an estimation having placed an order that originally suggested (was it 12 weeks?) I'd see the car towards the end of Summer this year. Now people are being told 2023.

Its poor. Toyota know full well there would be the (lets face it limited given this is a niche car) demand there was for this car and I guarantee they are sat laughing, rubbing their hands while reading this thread knowing there's nothing we can do about it. I'd expect this sort of behaviour from my experiences with BMW.

Sorry AndyRC, trying to keep it constructive here and not muddy the forum, I know this community of sorts will be more than worth its weight in 1's and 0's in the future. I was excited for this car but its become a bit of a frustrating experience already. In some ways I'm grateful I have an order showing in the app, being told contact sometime in the next 12 weeks is annoying when peoples orders are on the way already.
Spot on with this! Without estimated dates (even if a ballpark of Q1 2023, Q4 2022, etc) it makes it so difficult to plan anything, there's a lot of money in this and for a lot of people (myself included) it'll be the first time buying a brand new car!

For me, I've still not had any communication, so Toyota have my £1,000 indefinitely and I can't 100% say I've got a car on order because I didn't get the generic email yesterday confirming so 🤷🏻‍♀️ super frustrating!
 
I’m hoping the 12 weeks quoted in the email is a worse case scenario. Myself and someone else on here was told 6 weeks when we spoke to someone. Which would tie in with end of June when finance offer expires. Maybe we’ll just get another generic email then to advise the deal is being honoured? Time will tell.

BTW - sending an email with my ORCA ref and the word ‘complaint’ was the only way I got a response, previous emails were ignored. So although not ideal to complain, it did the trick 🤷‍♂️
 
If Toyota have sold all the uk allocation then they have 2 years to build and register 400ish cars. Some will be in for a long wait. They won’t be concerned if you cancel. Plenty of people willing to order and wait.

Remember the factory is kicking out :poop:loads of BRZ’s for the US at the moment.

Toyota will be waiting for factory slots to open up that’s why no confirmed delivery dates for most.

Be prepared for delays

For those with an order on a boat already. Look forward to hearing about the car. 😂
 
I’m hoping the 12 weeks quoted in the email is a worse case scenario. Myself and someone else on here was told 6 weeks when we spoke to someone. Which would tie in with end of June when finance offer expires. Maybe we’ll just get another generic email then to advise the deal is being honoured? Time will tell.

BTW - sending an email with my ORCA ref and the word ‘complaint’ was the only way I got a response, previous emails were ignored. So although not ideal to complain, it did the trick 🤷‍♂️
I'll try this trick if I email them again! I've just messaged Toyota UK on Twitter asking if they can pass on my concerns/complaint to the Online Sales team, whinging on Twitter normally works so hopefully it will this time as well 😂
 
If Toyota have sold all the uk allocation then they have 2 years to build and register 400ish cars. Some will be in for a long wait. They won’t be concerned if you cancel. Plenty of people willing to order and wait.

Remember the factory is kicking out shitloads of BRZ’s for the US at the moment.

Toyota will be waiting for factory slots to open up that’s why no confirmed delivery dates for most.

Be prepared for delays

For those with an order on a boat already. Look forward to hearing about the car. You lucky shits 😂
Totally agree, the full allocation was sold and they was planning on releasing over 2 years. Those that haven’t had a build slot yet will most likely be 2023.

Hopefully be worth the wait. I’m an impatient git and very impulsive with cars so it’s totally alien to wait this long for a car. I’ll probably have a few run arounds before I end up taking delivery.
 
I'll try this trick if I email them again! I've just messaged Toyota UK on Twitter asking if they can pass on my concerns/complaint to the Online Sales team, whinging on Twitter normally works so hopefully it will this time as well 😂
If it helps I've just called and spoken to really helpful person.
Basically as others have said if you have an ORCA number you will at some point be getting a car (sad but wanted to hear it from the horses mouth) 😅👍it may be a wait. Hope this helps the others who's orders are 12.30 onwards for confirmations on the day.
I Know it doesn't help if you are planning what to do with replacing current cars etc.
They did say once it progresses with the order there will be a call/ email. Also that they are not sure why I hadn't got the email yesterday as automated but that they have my ORCA and not to worry, so my mind is now at rest.
As for complaints at the end of the day if people don't complain about the ordering experience how else can they improve if this is going to be the way forward. Its pointless thinking all customers are satisfied and patting each other on the back at Toyota whilst the reality is not everyone has had the same experience in this process.
Anyway sorry if off track, I'm now going to study the UK brochure which shows a sport pack and spoiler in there so maybe there will be the option from dealers.
 
If it helps I've just called and spoken to really helpful person.
Basically as others have said if you have an ORCA number you will at some point be getting a car (sad but wanted to hear it from the horses mouth) 😅👍it may be a wait. Hope this helps the others who's orders are 12.30 onwards for confirmations on the day.
I Know it doesn't help if you are planning what to do with replacing current cars etc.
They did say once it progresses with the order there will be a call/ email. Also that they are not sure why I hadn't got the email yesterday as automated but that they have my ORCA and not to worry, so my mind is now at rest.
As for complaints at the end of the day if people don't complain about the ordering experience how else can they improve if this is going to be the way forward. Its pointless thinking all customers are satisfied and patting each other on the back at Toyota whilst the reality is not everyone has had the same experience in this process.
Anyway sorry if off track, I'm now going to study the UK brochure which shows a sport pack and spoiler in there so maybe there will be the option from dealers.
That's great news regarding your call! I was going to call today if I hadn't heard anything but probably won't bother now, sounds like you spoke to someone really helpful, thank you for relaying what they said 😊
I saw the spoiler in the brochure too but it didn't say anything about it being an option, that I could see?! Maybe it's something we can ask dealers about closer to the time? 🤞🏻
 
Had a phone call from my Local dealer today , following up from an email I had sent him. I now have an ETA on his system of 12th September, 2 weeks ago there was no date. 🤞

(Have not had my call from TUK and order confirmation was 20/4 10:22)
what does your MyT say the status is?
 
Thank you to everyone who has either made or received a telephone call with a human being from Toyota, and who has took the time to ask pertinent and helpful questions to share with us. It's really appreciated from my side and reading the information/updates is reassuring.

I'll try and remember to ask something useful as/when I have a call; in reality there's a chance I'll only remember to ask "wHeRes mY cAr & wHeN do I gEt iT".
 
MyT status is processing ie the order is with the factory, which is what I would expect at this time.
I’m in the same position. Had a similar call from my dealer last Sunday saying delivery for September/October. No call from Toyota UK yet and MyT same as yours. My order was 10.17 on 20/4
 
That's what I got last evening, up to 12 wks for the call and next steps :)
Screenshot_20220520-123455.webp
 
Toyota no different from most other manufactures. Poor communication because they don’t really know what the factory can produce from one week to the next v buyers who seem to live in a world where everything has to be immediate. My first new car ordered in 1982 was a factory order and took 8 months.

For all the hassle Toyota is getting for bringing a great car to the U.K. at a bargain price they must be thinking let’s just cancel the 400 ordered from the factory. Keep selling 4 wheel drives and Aygo’s keep life simple

Must admit it’s getting pretty boring reading this thread now. Moan moan moan what’s up with people. Just chill out your car won’t come any quicker it will arrive when it arrives !! It’s a bit like the rest of the world nothing really works anymore as you want it to but there is nothing you can do about out. So relax enjoy life
 
Back
Top