GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

I very much doubt if Toyota will “shuffle the pack “ if a cancellation occurs , most likely contact those on the wish list and offer car at that spec until someone says “yes please” which could end up with someone on the wish list getting a car before those already on it 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
I very much doubt if Toyota will “shuffle the pack “ if a cancellation occurs , most likely contact those on the wish list and offer car at that spec until someone says “yes please” which could end up with someone on the wish list getting a car before those already on it 🤷🏻‍♂️
Let me remind you about the "early birds" kerfuffle before you attribute any degree of competency to TUK. :ROFLMAO:
 
Let me remind you about the "early birds" kerfuffle before you attribute any degree of competency to TUK. :ROFLMAO:
No way am I inferring “any degree of competency “ for TUK, after all I’m old not stupid 😂 As for Early Birds They are a myth and don’t exist , all orders taken in “90 minutes from 10.00am on 20.04.2022” well according to Toyota U.K. 🤣
 
View attachment 7366
Am I missing something here? I just went to Toyota UK site and got this after trying to specify a pearl white as per my order!!
I emailed Toyota Online to ask, and (make sure you're sat down) they replied!!

Thank you for your email, I hope you are well.

Unfortunately we are unable to bring your new car order any further in the queue than its current position. We have entirely sold out of our allocation for the GR86, which is planned for production over the next 24 months (starting a little earlier this year).

We currently have a small amount of physical cars at our UK depot which are allocated to the first customers in the order queue. I believe this may be what the website is 'looking at' when it suggests earlier cars are available. We have raised this to our website team as we can understand how this could cause some confusion amongst new and existing customers.

To confirm, we have no available GR86 at this time and we are no longer taking orders for this model.

I apologise for any disappointment this may cause, but I hope this explanation is helpful.
 
I emailed Toyota Online to ask, and (make sure you're sat down) they replied!!
I've actually found the online team very quick to respond and helpful the last week! I've escalated the lack of track warranty to the heads of marketing and sales and the online sales manager is full supportive and is keen to get me a response, so we will see. He admitted that is was a surprise to them that it didn't have the same terms as the Yaris.
 
I've actually found the online team very quick to respond and helpful the last week! I've escalated the lack of track warranty to the heads of marketing and sales and the online sales manager is full supportive and is keen to get me a response, so we will see. He admitted that is was a surprise to them that it didn't have the same terms as the Yaris.
This was my 3rd or 4th email to them and the first one they have responded to.
 
Hi All,
Am a BRZ owner Gen 1, manual Cosworth Supercharged and was a day late to the party of ordering a GR86. So i am on the wait list ( not the 2 hr order list) for a GR86, Red, Automatic. Not sure if i should be hopeful of any luck with getting a car allocated before the new legislation. Not that my current BRZ is boring in any way but i thought change was good considering the change of driving post the pandemic. Looks like the automatic is totally in minority but hey ho, i have spent enough time in the manual cousin and it has Auto Cruise Control and the safety gizmos which might help in an emergency. Any thoughts on my chances of getting one brand new ;).
 
Last edited:
Hi All,
Am a BRZ owner Gen 1, manual Cosworth Supercharged and was a day late to the party of ordering a GR86. So i am on the wait list ( not the 2 hr order list) for a GR86, Red, Automatic. Not sure if i should be hopeful of any luck with getting a car allocated before the new legislation. Not that my current BRZ is boring in any way but i thought change was good considering the change of driving post the pandemic. Looks like the automatic is totally in minority but hey ho, i have spent enough time in the manual cousin and it has Auto Cruise Control and the safety gizmos which might help in an emergency. Any thoughts on my chances of getting one brand new ;).
Depends where you are on the waitlist, I guess but I would imagine chances of getting a new car are close to zero. You'd have to be nuts to have an allocation and not take the car. Demand is off the charts, so you'd literally be throwing money away!
 
Hi All,
Am a BRZ owner Gen 1, manual Cosworth Supercharged and was a day late to the party of ordering a GR86. So i am on the wait list ( not the 2 hr order list) for a GR86, Red, Automatic. Not sure if i should be hopeful of any luck with getting a car allocated before the new legislation. Not that my current BRZ is boring in any way but i thought change was good considering the change of driving post the pandemic. Looks like the automatic is totally in minority but hey ho, i have spent enough time in the manual cousin and it has Auto Cruise Control and the safety gizmos which might help in an emergency. Any thoughts on my chances of getting one brand new ;).
Hi @BRZ , looking at the statistics that @beorg has kindly collated from forum members , 200ish so we have a good sample , and looking like the entire U.K. GR86 allocation is in the order of 430 (best info to date) there may only be around 25 GR86 Autos in the U.K. The chances of finding one (in any colour) are probably pretty slim unless someone decides to flip theirs as and when they arrive. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news , but this forum is probably the best place to find one if they do come up for sale 👍
 
@AndyRC The 25 AT and the relative lack of interest is the only reason i hope that if someone does cancel, i might get my turn sooner than most others who would've added themselves to the list for a manual.
@HudsonHornett Its hard to get any info from Toyota, so my position on the waiting list is a big unknown.
Till then i enjoy the Gen 1, just the new car itch to scratch potentially:)
 
@AndyRC The 25 AT and the relative lack of interest is the only reason i hope that if someone does cancel, i might get my turn sooner than most others who would've added themselves to the list for a manual.
@HudsonHornett Its hard to get any info from Toyota, so my position on the waiting list is a big unknown.
Till then i enjoy the Gen 1, just the new car itch to scratch potentially:)
Good point!
 
You'd have to be nuts to have an allocation and not take the car.
doesn't help though when you have no idea when the car is actually ready for pickup.

i ordered on march 09 here in Germany (on the day order books opened). i was told I will have the car "this summer". summer is almost over, fair enough, delays were to be expected. but according to the website my car hasn't even been built yet and my dealer has no info on when i can expect it. this winter? spring 23? 2024? I'm not sure I want to be on the hook for two years (worst case) without knowing when i have to pay up.
 
doesn't help though when you have no idea when the car is actually ready for pickup.

i ordered on march 09 here in Germany (on the day order books opened). i was told I will have the car "this summer". summer is almost over, fair enough, delays were to be expected. but according to the website my car hasn't even been built yet and my dealer has no info on when i can expect it. this winter? spring 23? 2024? I'm not sure I want to be on the hook for two years (worst case) without knowing when i have to pay up.
Thats crazy. I also ordered on march 9. and my car is in Zeebrügge since July 2.
 
doesn't help though when you have no idea when the car is actually ready for pickup.

i ordered on march 09 here in Germany (on the day order books opened). i was told I will have the car "this summer". summer is almost over, fair enough, delays were to be expected. but according to the website my car hasn't even been built yet and my dealer has no info on when i can expect it. this winter? spring 23? 2024? I'm not sure I want to be on the hook for two years (worst case) without knowing when i have to pay up.
Oh dear - that's not great (although, I'd still wait for the car and get it). UK market has gone nuts for this car.
 
10:10 email order confirmation - email yesterday advising car moved to build. Grey manual. Web & app updated to match this. No further info on eta dates etc..
Had been told to expect end Sept/early Oct on the magic phone call.
No contact yet from dealer but today is BH and update clearly driven by manufacturing system yesterday.
 
Just had my call!
They claim to have received my order at 11:36am, and I am in the last 100 orders (No surprise there lol)
ETA for first cars in the UK for October, Demo Vehicles by the end of the year. Sounds plausible people wont get the opportunity to test drive before collecting the car.

As for me, they estimate that all cars should be built by EOY 2023, and delivered by Jan/Feb 2024 (Estimated 3 Months from Build Start to Dealership). I imagine I am at the very end of that estimate.
 
Test drive before collection day shoudnlt be a big problem as you have a 14 day cooling off period you can hand the car back for a full refund if you are not happy with it.
 
Would have been nice to have a test drive in June as initially told. However, it would only really have been to whet my appetite; I loved the GT86, so I'm pretty sure the GR won't be a disappointment.
 
Test drive before collection day shoudnlt be a big problem as you have a 14 day cooling off period you can hand the car back for a full refund if you are not happy with it.
I’d double check with TGB you can do this.

Once you sign an order form onsite to collect you can only return the vehicle for a full refund if found faulty. Distance selling rules no longer apply.
 
Back
Top