GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

I do wonder if by going automatic, as there won't be many, they do all of them in one batch earlier at some point. Or they might just do them right at the end and order time still dictates more than colour and transmission choice.
 
I do wonder if by going automatic, as there won't be many, they do all of them in one batch earlier at some point. Or they might just do them right at the end and order time still dictates more than colour and transmission choice.
How Toyota/Subaru build these is one of the great “unsolved mysteries“ 🤔 AFAIK colour and transmission choice has no impact On build time unless they don’t have the parts/ paint , the actual time your order was confirmed is “allegedly“ the determining Factor , at least last week that was the case 🤷‍♂️
 
Is anyone else still 'processing'?

I'm tempted to contact Toyota GB's World Class Customer Relations Team to change my colour and then change it back again, just to try and jog something into action.

Like turning a computer off and on again.

Yip, still 'processing' and with an order time of 10:27 my best guesstimate/shot in the dark is that my car might be built around November/December/January'ish?

Although after watching the Dispatches programme on Ch4 last night and hearing about the next impending chip crisis in Taiwan, I wouldn't be surprised if we see further delays. Especially when they said the average EV requires around 3000 of them!o_O
 
Is anyone else still 'processing'?

I'm tempted to contact Toyota GB's World Class Customer Relations Team to change my colour and then change it back again, just to try and jog something into action.

Like turning a computer off and on again.
Yep, still in Processing and no further info on the Dev Tools pages! It'll be a miracle when it finally moves on!
 
I do wonder if by going automatic, as there won't be many, they do all of them in one batch earlier at some point. Or they might just do them right at the end and order time still dictates more than colour and transmission choice.
Maybe, but some autos have already been made and dispatched to the UK I think.
Unfortunately for me, I think i may be the only one with my colour/trans combo, so dont think I will be helped by a cancelled order!
 
Longer time watcher, first post!

Order confirmed at 10.55, Ruby Red, manual, had my intro call yesterday they did call me 2 weeks prior but I was on holiday.

Delivery estimated for 2023, they will provide a firm schedule in due course. Hence please ignore the app saying October something……

Confirmed initial finance offers will be honoured, the local dealer has provided 2 quotes in writing.

Original price will be honoured

Asked them not to polish/prep the car as I’m going to have it ceramic coated.

Questions asked & they have said they will come back to me on.

Warranty details & costs
Service plans & costs
bbk kit upgrade option like the GT86 - (it would make it track ready)

The chap on the phone was knowledgeable, there was a level of empathy shown & definitely came across as a car nut.

The GR86 is joining me as a weekend toy. I have a mint clio 200 cup so interested to feel the difference.

Cheers

G
 
Longer time watcher, first post!

Order confirmed at 10.55, Ruby Red, manual, had my intro call yesterday they did call me 2 weeks prior but I was on holiday.

Delivery estimated for 2023, they will provide a firm schedule in due course. Hence please ignore the app saying October something……

Confirmed initial finance offers will be honoured, the local dealer has provided 2 quotes in writing.

Original price will be honoured

Asked them not to polish/prep the car as I’m going to have it ceramic coated.

Questions asked & they have said they will come back to me on.

Warranty details & costs
Service plans & costs
bbk kit upgrade option like the GT86 - (it would make it track ready)

The chap on the phone was knowledgeable, there was a level of empathy shown & definitely came across as a car nut.

The GR86 is joining me as a weekend toy. I have a mint clio 200 cup so interested to feel the difference.

Cheers

G
Welcome and congratulations, when you say “Ruby Red” do you mean “Ignition Red” ? I’ll add you to the list in post #1 👍✅😎
 
Another day gone, another day without a peep from Toyota. 11th of August was their deadline and I still have not received a phone call. I highly doubt if I send an email I will get a response.

What a shambles, this is my first experience buying a new car. It sucks, purely from the lack of comms.
 
Another day gone, another day without a peep from Toyota. 11th of August was their deadline and I still have not received a phone call. I highly doubt if I send an email I will get a response.

What a shambles, this is my first experience buying a new car. It sucks, purely from the lack of comms.
If you call them you'll definitely get some kind of response.
I'm not defending the lack of comms, but you are more affected by it than they are (as I was until I got my call). My coping strategy was to just to forget all about it and resign myself to whatever it'll be. I suspect even though your order was an hour after mine, you and I will get our cars much closer together than my and those who managed to get in 30 mins ahead of me. We have to wait longer, but we end up with slightly younger..... swings and roundabounts innit. If you're lucky you've got the "last" car and no one can ever have a newer official UK car! ;-)
 
Just keep telling yourself that the long wait will be worth it in the end.

If it makes you feel better I was speaking to my cousin who lives in Portugal. Can you believe that the GR86 costs €52,120 there. That is absolutely insane!

 
Last edited:
Just keep telling yourself that the long wait will be worth it in the end.

If it makes you feel better I was speaking to my cousin who lives in Portugal. Can you believe that the GR86 costs €52,120 there. That is absolutely insane!

I seen worse - ie : Netherlands:

1660816854515.webp
 
Surely it would just be cheaper to drive to Belgium to buy a car
Off-topic, yeah but I think right now in the EU you need to drive a car for 6 months in the country of purchase until you can import it for free to a different one. Otherwise, there is an import tax plus other taxes? (BMP in the Netherlands I think, and this is the tax which makes this car expensive there, I think it is half of the price of the car due emissions)? So this only works if you live in Belgium and work in Netherlands.
 
Back
Top