GR Yaris Service plan and price increases

To late price plan has closed even though price is not effective until 1st August.
Also only 3 year plan max not 5.
I’ve taken one out this morning at old prices (£190/£375 for minor/full)
 
I was going to arrange a plan through my local dealer but they are insisting on the saftey check being included even though you can remove online.
 
Who set it up for you at Chesterfield?
I tried at Vertu Leicester and Emac wouldn't allow a discount to be applied, even though there was an option for it on the screen.
I went down in person to the service desk. It's the same discount I've had on a previous plan since buying the car from them.
 
I’ve taken one out this morning at old prices (£190/£375 for minor/full)
Yes previous lower prices still valid for me too this morning on the Toyota GB site.
 
Had my 6k one at Steven Eagell this morning. I tried to sort out a plan with them but their system could not remove the safety checks. Even when I got them to do a 12k/year quote it kept putting them in 4 and 3 months after the intermediate and full services which also included them. They said the safety checks are 6 months or mileage but I'm not sure that's right.
Anyway, bought one online. 36 months @ 12k/year so 3 x full and 3 x intermediate. Doubt I'll do anywhere near that mileage but if I'm just buying a quantity of services rather than the timings then that's fine.
I'll still do the safety checks but they are a real pain because the amount I use the car can vary a lot so I have no idea when they will fall, maybe on a proper service or maybe not. Guess I'll be paying £75 for them outside of the plan.
 
Vertu in Chesterfield, it's an Emac plan. Don't know if it's transferable between dealers or not but I do have a copy of the T&C's, I'll have a read later.
Vertu do not come recommended by me. Across all franchises I've only had grief with them. If a nice dealership joins the group, its downhill from there on.
 
I'm awaiting my dealership price , so thanks for the heads-up.
I'm paying £135 a service, built for me before it went live at Toyota in 2020 at £175, then increased to £190.
I've had my monies worth.
 
I went down in person to the service desk. It's the same discount I've had on a previous plan since buying the car from them.
Thanks for the info
I've finally managed to set up a plan for 10 services and 8 half price MOTs through Vertu's head office in South Shields
£168.29 and then monthly £24.18 x 99
It's a reasonable discount and not affected if prices do rise again......
 
It looks possible to do it yearly if your mileage is low. The 1st quote I was given was like this:
View attachment 6478

You'd need to pay as you go for 6-month safety checks at the prevailing rate (if you want them). I ended up tweaking it so it fitted 9,000 per year but it's otherwise the same as this. If you're interested probably worth a visit to your dealer to see what they can offer. As far as I'm aware prices go up 1st August.
Is this with Toyota or emac?
so if you do more miles over the period do the services ‘run out’ quicker?
and if you do lower miles do the services go on longer (beyond June 32 I your example) or do you loose them at the end of the term.
 
If you took out a service plan with the Dealership that sold you the car, can you use other dealerships for the services?

My salesman seems to think I need to stick with them.
 
Is this with Toyota or emac?
so if you do more miles over the period do the services ‘run out’ quicker?
and if you do lower miles do the services go on longer (beyond June 32 I your example) or do you loose them at the end of the term.
It's with Emac, sold on their behalf by the dealer. I'm not completely sure what happens if you start to do a lot more miles but I assume you would burn through them quicker. You'd be unlikely to go past the end of the plan as you need a yearly service anyway, regardless of mileage.
 
If you took out a service plan with the Dealership that sold you the car, can you use other dealerships for the services?

My salesman seems to think I need to stick with them.
I think if you get it through a dealer, you need to go through them (or at least their group), whereas it appears that if you go via Toyota or can be used at any of their dealerships.

As a though 3 years is the maximum plan you cash sign up for on the Toyota website.
 
I will be contacting the dealer tomorrow, as trying to do it through Toyota online they don't include the MOT or safety checks marking them as optional' if there optional surely they are not required for the warranty.
 
They were probably made optional because people complained that they didn't want/need them.

My 3 year (I thought it was 2 years until I phoned them) Toyota online plan comes in at 300 a year. I took it out last April when I picked up the car.

I didn't want to be tied in to a dealer chain in case I decided to move to the Outer Hebrides in future. The way the world is burning it may not be a bad idea.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MrJ
I took a 3 yr deal, 3 major, 2 minor services, £1505. About £400 down and £40 a month I think it said
 
Sorted mine just now with the dealer. Went for the maximum of 10 services, which for me covers 5 years @12K miles a year. £400+ discount (which seems to be the same for most), and the prices locked in at the current price, with the safety checks included (but FOC as they will happen with my services).
 
Sorted mine just now with the dealer. Went for the maximum of 10 services, which for me covers 5 years @12K miles a year. £400+ discount (which seems to be the same for most), and the prices locked in at the current price, with the safety checks included (but FOC as they will happen with my services).
You just inspired me to do the same. Called up RRG and got 5 years at 12k too. Only took a couple of mins to cancel the online one. Quite nice to have the peace of mind vs inflation and monthly payments too.
 
Thanks for the heads-up on this. Didn't bother with a service plan initially, but if they're going up by that much, it's a no-brainer to lock in prices.

Went for the 3-year plan online.
 
Back
Top